ADVERTISEMENT

It was just the first game...

jamsession3

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Dec 4, 2005
I know I can definitely be critical and tough on the team. It was the first game and it was played under challenging circumstances. I'm concerned with 'total team buy - in'. I don't doubt Joey and Jordan can make adjustments in the name of team, but I am concerned with what that looks like for Matt and Wendell.

Dj and Roach will get big minutes soon. I wonder if Matt and Moore will be understanding to give some of those minutes to Williams and/or Brakefield. J. Johnson is a true baller, but he can't be the lonely big in the game for 35 minutes.

It was the first game; so who knows. But it was Coppin's State's first game as well. I think/hope we will improve. We got next to nothing out of Williams, Tape, Brakefield, Coleman and Baker so there is definitely upside. The way we played today we looked like an easy out in the tournament, but I suspect we will get much better. We have to improve defensively as we cannot just outscore better teams this year.

We can be very good if Roach develops as the season goes along. Goldwire is a fine player but he is who he is and probably isn't somebody who will lead a team to great success. Roach has much better upside and even though he didn't play well today he can make big strides in a short period of time. Pairing a good, quick PG with a potentially lethal SG in Steward is on its own a recipe for success in college basketball. Add in the tremendous talent of Johnson, get Moore and Hurt playing up to expectation, we could end up with a pretty solid basketball team who can compete with anybody.

With having so much youth it may take a bit for things to click and to build chemistry on the court which will bring down the turnovers.

It was the first game; so who knows. But it was Coppin's State's first game as well. I think/hope we will improve. We got next to nothing out of Williams, Tape, Brakefield, Coleman and Baker so there is definitely upside. The way we played today we looked like an easy out in the tournament, but I suspect we will get much better. We have to improve defensively as we cannot just outscore better teams this year.
But in those guys defense( Williams, Brakefield, Coleman, and Tape) they were hardly even in the game. I don’t think Tape ever got in the game.

Reactions: christophero
But in those guys defense( Williams, Brakefield, Coleman, and Tape) they were hardly even in the game. I don’t think Tape ever got in the game.

True and I think you'll see much more of them vs MSU. K said after the game he went with smaller guys because Coppin played 5 guards much of the game. Thus the Duke rotation was more matchup oriented. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT