18 Notre Dame 8-2 564
19 Florida State 9-0 452
20 Tennessee 7-1 342
21 Baylor 7-2 281
22 Florida 6-3 261
23 Arizona 7-3 252
24 Texas Tech 7-1 191
25 Cincinnati 7-2 145

That’s about what I expected. I knew we’d probably drop down to somewhere between #4 and #6.

We're still #1 in the RPI (We have 6 top 100 wins already - and IU wasn't one of the 6). For some weird reason, the NCAA Committee seems to really, really like the RPI... so at least we still got that going for us.

Also, yes, excited about Arizona State. Fun team to watch (#5 rated offense in KenPom). Marvin Bagley's HS teammate, Remy Martin, is a gamer, too. He will transition nicely as the primary ball-handler once Tra Holder and Shannon Evans graduate.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Bright side Show, we're still above unc :D
And UK. RR fans are a trip, early in the season they were saying they were about a #20-25 ranked team but now they’re constantly whining about not moving up in the rankings and being stuck at #8 while other teams move up and/or move passed them in the rankings

Very happy for Bobby Hurley. Theres a real Profile In Courage!!! And actually #4 for our boys is probably about right at this juncture. We can be better and am confident we will.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Honestly the regular season means nothing in college basketball. Would I like to go undefeated? Yes. But we can lose 8-10 games and still get in. As long as we get hot towards the end then I don’t care if we lose 8 games

I just want to see this team reach their potential. I would prefer they only lose one game and cut the nets down in April. This talk about losing 8-10 games, it ain't happening!

Reactions: pisgah101
I just want to see this team reach their potential. I would prefer they only lose one game and cut the nets down in April. This talk about losing 8-10 games, it ain't happening!

We know it’s not happening. But if it did it wouldn’t matter because we would still make the tourney

Not sure how you rank MSU and Wichita State over Duke. Both have one loses and we gave MSU their one loss. In no world where Duke and Wichita St have similar records should they be ranked above us. Their best win is against Baylor. Not to mention that we won the PK80 tournament which was by far the most stacked pre-conference tournament.

In the end it won’t matter but the only team that deserves to be ranked over us right now is Nova.

Villanova Wichita DUKE MSU would have seemed a bit more "real".

Polls at this point are no more important than losing on Saturday was.
Our next 6 games:
20th--Evansville
30th--FSU at home
Jan6--NC State in Raleigh
Jan10--Pitt in Pitt
Jan13--Wake at home
Jan15--Miami in Miami

This 6 game stretch and where the team is at after will be huge. Very tough games, but hopefully this practice time will help.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Polls at this point are no more important than losing on Saturday was.
Our next 6 games:
20th--Evansville
30th--FSU at home
Jan6--NC State in Raleigh
Jan10--Pitt in Pitt
Jan13--Wake at home
Jan15--Miami in Miami

This 6 game stretch and where the team is at after will be huge. Very tough games, but hopefully this practice time will help.

I could see us going 3 and 3 in that frame or 6-0. You never know with young kids what you are going to get especially on the road. Florida State, NC State on the road, and Miami will be very tough games.

Andmaybe UK. RR fans are a trip, early in the season they were saying they were about a #20-25 ranked team but now they’re constantly whining about not moving up in the rankings and being stuck at #8 while other teams move up and/or move passed them in the rankings
Maybe they should curb stomp one of the little sisters of the deaf dumb and blind teams they have played and they would get more respect

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
Not sure how you rank MSU and Wichita State over Duke. Both have one loses and we gave MSU their one loss. In no world where Duke and Wichita St have similar records should they be ranked above us. Their best win is against Baylor. Not to mention that we won the PK80 tournament which was by far the most stacked pre-conference tournament.

In the end it won’t matter but the only team that deserves to be ranked over us right now is Nova.

The rankings are often times a 'what have you done for me lately' kind of thing. We lost to a team that's not good and MSU has been playing well, as of late. We're not really dealing with scientific rankings.

Reactions: Dattier
I think 4 is fine for us, don’t really care all that much to be honest. I think it’s cool when we are number 1 but right now my concern is all about us getting better and learning from not only Saturday but the games we won that were tighter than we would have liked. At the end of the year we should be towards the top of not at the top if we play to our potential.

I could see us going 3 and 3 in that frame or 6-0. You never know with young kids what you are going to get especially on the road. Florida State, NC State on the road, and Miami will be very tough games.

Wake SEEMS to have righted itself, and Pitt didnt play too badly over the weekend at WVU. I take nothing for granted after our loss, and other upsets last week as well.

OFC

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT