ADVERTISEMENT

If you could give Coach K a tip on how to coach Duke and he would use it for sure what would it be.

Use the bench more in the beginning of the season. Allow your starters to sit back some and watch the opposite teams player they are guarding. See what the scouting reports missed in terms of ways of defending.

Call Calipari and figure out how someone that can’t coach keep getting a team full of underclassmen to play elite defense every night. All we’re missing is defense

Bring in 6-7 one and dones, and wear black uniforms on the road. They are cool after all. Blue is so old school.
Experience is overrated Coach. Get all the talent you can and figure it out. I mean what's the hurry, you're the best and have a whopping 6-8 months to get them to gel.
Those stats showing every national champion having quality veterans is overrated as well.

Last edited:
A tad bit less stubborn? Lol . Hard to give a tip when he raises his hand and puts it to ur face with 5 fingers that represents his titles . Maybe grow 6?! Lmao

Thank you for the recommendation. Use your big time connects at the school to make that happen.

Big time "connects"? Did you mean connections? Is that weed causing you to get lazy again? Can you cite where I said I had big time "connections" at any university? Was that what was said? You sure about that?

Don't start making things up yet again.

In hindsight I should have titled this thread if you were Duke's coach what would you do different than Coach K does to make Duke better. OFC

In hindsight I should have titled this thread if you were Duke's coach what would you do different than Coach K does to make Duke better. OFC
You didn't think this thread would get heated? Right now anything related to Duke will turn into some debates. I think it's amazing we all claim to be Duke fans.

Simple. Play a deeper bench!

Every year I think this is the year Duke goes 9 deep... Only for him to limit it to 6 or 7, and 5 or 6 at the end of the year... then we lose players like Gbinije Ojeleye. Throw them a bone. The guys can play and went on to be stars. But more importantly when you exile them, you lose guys who are going to have 3 or 4 year careers...

These are guys that will later give you experience and you won't have to explain in every press conference that your team is young. Some like Jordan Tucker didn't earn a lot of PT and I think he really only was a shooter (but he didn't sow much of that)...

Alex O'Connell for example should have been given more chances in games to have a "Grayson Effect". In the Kansas game, put him in there and say "go bring energy and play aggressive." Maybe he could have shown the others how to play hard. I love his energy and think he has a JJ looking jump shot. The way he springs into his shot is a beautiful thing to watch. Not saying he is JJ by any means... But I think he can be a real good shooter and good player, maybe even an All ACC Player by the time he is an upperclassmen... And most importantly he will be a 4 year player, barring a huge jump, and bring that experience Duke teams have lacked the last two years.

My letter to Coach K:
Buy a beach house in Florida. You will become so much smarter if you do.:D

Reactions: hart2chesson
Big time "connects"? Did you mean connections? Is that weed causing you to get lazy again? Can you cite where I said I had big time "connections" at any university? Was that what was said? You sure about that?

Don't start making things up yet again.

Don’t you invest in the program? You’re telling me you give money and they aren’t showing you any love? You need to keep your money and invest somewhere else. Just be an emotional supporter

I use to really enjoy coming to this board to read discussions on Duke basketball. It has turned into which clique is smarter or tougher. I guess I will come back in October. Everyone have a great summer! I'm out.
giphy.gif

Every time a player fails to make a legitimate attempt to box out on the defensive end they get immediately taken out of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT