ADVERTISEMENT

I searched, anyone else have their popcorn ready for “The Last Dance”?

It was entertaining and I’m just glad to have some new sports content on ESPN. I’m not sure how many more reruns of those cornhole tournaments I could watch haha

Despite is Carolina allegiance Jordan was and will always be the GOAT. Excited to have some form of sport back in my life and to watch nba basketball when men still played it.

Reactions: KDSTONE
I will not be watching, but he was the greatest NBA player in history. He recently was labeled as the best ever in the ACC. I disagree with that. Dean had him and that team for 3 years and only got one Natty was not success on my mind. I still say Laettner was the best player ever in the ACC. 4 FF, 3 National Championship games, and 2 Nattys. 2 last second shots to advance. Numerous records in the NCAA. But that is just my opinion.

Reactions: Devilinside
I really enjoyed the first two episodes. No fan of Jordan, but I loved the NBA of the 80s and 90s.

Still trying to wrap my head around that stuff happening 20 and 30 years ago. In some respects it’s like it happened just yesterday. I’m getting old.

I watched it, loved every second of it, and I am not a Jordan guy. Hate UNC of course and I'm Team Lebron.
If you consider yourself a basketball fan, than I believe you are doing yourself a disservice by skipping this one. The fact that they are showing never before seen footage of all those legendary Bulls teams is worth it in itself.

Also, and I'm sure MJ played a part in this because he got to choose what they show and what they don't show, but he doesn't come off as the massive jerk that the media portrayed him to be, just my opinion.

Reactions: jeans15
Sat and watched it, popcorn in hand. Thought it was really cool and can’t wait for the next 8 episodes.

It’s funny how much you forget. The stuff in the second episode about Pippen had completely left my mind. He really did get screwed over by Krause and the Bulls.

Also....how much talent was on that ‘86 Celtics team? Jordan went for 49 and 63 the first two games and the Bulls are down 0-2.

Lastly, how premature was it to break that group up after the 1997-98 season? I think they might have been able to win it again. Let them lose before you break it up.

Reactions: bfort2223
You could go 82-0 and we still won’t bring you back. What a line. Think about Robert Kraft telling that to Bill Belichik. You could go 19-0 and we still aren’t bringing you back. Wild.

Reactions: dukiejay
Speaking about Krause, Steve Kerr put it best: “He deserves a lot of credit — but he couldn’t get out of his own way.” It's unfortunate about his passing a few years back. I would love to hear his perspective on some of these moves which sound ridiculous on the surface. I hope that all the blame doesn't fall on him though. Reinsdorf deserves some of that as well.

You could go 82-0 and we still won’t bring you back. What a line. Think about Robert Kraft telling that to Bill Belichik. You could go 19-0 and we still aren’t bringing you back. Wild.

I would have saved him the trouble and said let's end it right here and now. OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
First two episodes were very interesting from a sports history perspective. The second episode was much better than the first in my opinion. Like him or not, Jordan is the GOAT.

First two episodes were very interesting from a sports history perspective. The second episode was much better than the first in my opinion. Like him or not, Jordan is the GOAT.

I'm not a fan of MJ, but it's very good reflective piece on how things played out. And I agree with your comment on a sports history perspective. I'd be less inclined to watch if I wasn't such a sports history rube....but I found myself fascinated by parts last night. I'm looking forward to the next eight episodes.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I'm not a fan of MJ, but it's very good reflective piece on how things played out. And I agree with your comment on a sports history perspective. I'd be less inclined to watch if I wasn't such a sports history rube....but I found myself fascinated by parts last night. I'm looking forward to the next eight episodes.

Oh I love anything sports doc related most of the time. The best thing I've ever seen in that regard is the OJ: Made in America series. Most of the 30 for 30 docs have been really good too. Have you watched The Scheme yet? I'm hoping to get around to it this week some time.

I watched it, loved every second of it, and I am not a Jordan guy. Hate UNC of course and I'm Team Lebron.
If you consider yourself a basketball fan, than I believe you are doing yourself a disservice by skipping this one. The fact that they are showing never before seen footage of all those legendary Bulls teams is worth it in itself.

Also, and I'm sure MJ played a part in this because he got to choose what they show and what they don't show, but he doesn't come off as the massive jerk that the media portrayed him to be, just my opinion.
We will see that Jordan more in Episode 3 as I believe it covers the Bulls rivalry with Detroit.

From what I have seen reported - MJ did have the power to add/delete content but he surprisingly kept most everything in tact.

Reactions: Showenuff
This is the finest content to ever air on ESPN. Love how the series moves back and forth in time. Seems Rodman will be covered in episode 3 and Phil in episode 4.

Just the sight of Jordan enjoying some drink on the rocks during interviews feels so rare because MJ had a very calculated image.

Krause is clearly the villain here but how he constructed the Bulls team is impressive.

Jordan is definitely an enigma. Greatest ever, no doubt imo but it doesn't seem to have won him many friends along the way. I remember how he made others around him better. Most of the guys he played with didn't do much after being traded to other teams. Even Pippen, who I like, was not the same player once he left the Bulls.

Reactions: jamsession3
Episode III and IV

I expect Rodman back story with Detroit Pistons journey. I want to see Jordan in the locker room especially after playoff loses. The building blocks of what was molded into a Bully in the Eastern Conference

Episode Four is Phil. Not discussed here but debating with Bull fans, some agree that this doc is too hard on Krause. Phil successfully built an 'us vs them' rivalry between the players and Management. Bulls acquired Kukoc, Harper, Kerr, and Longley in 1993+, thus the franchise was still on the upswing thanks to Krause.

Reactions: Showenuff
The episodes leaked earlier in the week, but I have no desire to binge watch the rest of the episodes early. Tonight’s episodes were really enjoyable as well. Phil Jackson deserves a lot of credit for managing the different personalities in that locker room. He was the perfect coach for that team.

This^

After watching it I have even more admiration for MJ. Myself having an older teenager trying to figure out adulthood I really appreciate what his parents did on two levels. One, giving “the boys in the back yard” the space to figure things out on there own and not helicopter and micro manage. Second, the parents and Dean to some degree guiding a protege in a way that had him survive the early years and distractions. The list of others who didn’t is sadly way too long.

Isiah Thomas calls Jordan the 4th best player he played against. You're not helping yourself Mr. Thomas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT