ADVERTISEMENT

I love Zion, but think this is a STRETCH!

Lebron could of went almost anywhere and won the NCAA title. If Zion is better than Lebron at this age, than it's not even gonna be close, were gonna smoke everyone.
Mighty bold statement. Whether he is better than we even anticipated him being, before I'd go as far as saying we smoke everyone, team chemistry is the key.
There's two other freshmen that are stars, and can they accept it if Zion is "that good?" If so, Duke will be true contenders, which is better than I thought.

If we are that good, the crow I will eat will be delicious.

Mighty bold statement. Whether he is better than we even anticipated him being, before I'd go as far as saying we smoke everyone, team chemistry is the key.
There's two other freshmen that are stars, and can they accept it if Zion is "that good?" If so, Duke will be true contenders, which is better than I thought.

If we are that good, the crow I will eat will be delicious.
We will only be smoking everyone if Zion is better than Lebron, which I put at around a 0.001% chance of actually being true. He could of been the #1 draft pick after his sophomore year of HS.

Zion ain't close to Lebron, but I think we should all be able to agree on 1 thing..... His performance in Canada was MUCH MORE than we anticipated, he was way more than a dunker.
Zion has some Charles Barkley in his game, he can get a rebound and go coast to coast to score. His passing and dribbling were much further along than I thought he would be.
I wouldn't be shocked if Zion is the taste of college basketball this year, and went on to be the #1 pick in the draft. Before the Canada trip that seemed like a pretty farfetched statement to make.

Lebron could of went almost anywhere and won the NCAA title. If Zion is better than Lebron at this age, than it's not even gonna be close, were gonna smoke everyone.
It’s could have gone. Simple question:did you attend duke and graduate with those language skills?

As I’ve said before he looked like the best player on our team in Canada. In all aspects.

It’s could have gone. Simple question:did you attend duke and graduate with those language skills?

If you are going to be a Grammar Nazi, you should at LEAST capitalize your proper nouns. Plus, it should be a semi colon there, not a colon. I'd also have put "could have gone" in quotation marks.

Otherwise, solid second post. Would read again.

e91kCKG.jpg

OFC

A friend of mine (fellow Duke fan) just tagged me in a post about this on Facebook a few minutes ago.

You must be fair with his statement. He's saying LeBron at 18 and Zion at 18. The difference is Zion is at Duke, James went straight to the league.

James playing for Cleveland(hometown kid) at 18 and impactful. Could Zion play in Charlotte(close to home) and be impactful? With today's rules...yes.

You must be fair with his statement. He's saying LeBron at 18 and Zion at 18. The difference is Zion is at Duke, James went straight to the league.

James playing for Cleveland(hometown kid) at 18 and impactful. Could Zion play in Charlotte(close to home) and be impactful? With today's rules...yes.
It didn’t say anywhere in the article that Marburg was comparing 18 year old Zion to 18 year old LeBron. I took it as he was saying that Zion right now is better than LeBron right now but I gisss it could be open to interpretation.

Reactions: hart2chesson
It didn’t say anywhere in the article that Marburg was comparing 18 year old Zion to 18 year old LeBron. I took it as he was saying that Zion right now is better than LeBron right now but I gisss it could be open to interpretation.

Yeah, I interpreted it as Marbury saying that Zion is the only player in HS, college or the pros that could be as good as Jordan and will be better than Lebron. I don’t see Zion being on Lebron’s level in the pros, but I do see a potential argument in regards to comparing their similarities and dominance from 7th or 8th grade throughout HS with the exception of their SR year due to Zion’s injury.

Zion has had the most publicity and hype in HS since Lebron.

Reactions: jamsession3
Stephon Marbury is on some really strong pain killers if he thinks an 18 year old
Steph must have retired because of multiple head injuries.
Either that or Marbury must have some really strong pain killers that have become brain killers in his case. If he's sayin Zion COULD become as good as Lebron then OK I can deal with that but he made it sound like he means already as good as Lebron. Marbury might have hit his head on the floor too many times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT