ADVERTISEMENT

I Hate Christian Laettner 30 for 30

Laettner

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 11, 2002
Sunday night's 30 for 30 may be the most enjoyable tv show I'll ever watch. Saw Laettner play in '89 Regional Finals vs G'town/Mourning. CL went right at Zo from opening tip and it was vicious. My father & I were in awe.

I can't wait to watch this. Talk about something that will only help fuel the rest of the country and their blind hatred of Duke. It is just the media, once agains, pumping up Duke. Everyone will hate it. I that makes me smile.

But, if he wasn't an absolute all time great college player, they wouldn't be making this film. That, is the real reason they hate him.

Winslow brings a little bit of that Laettner style to this team and I love it even though other fans hate it.

Going to be a great 30 for 30, heck they could do several more episodes focusing just on Duke players that were hated, Redick being the next obvious choice.

Originally posted by Laettner:
Sunday night's 30 for 30 may be the most enjoyable tv show I'll ever watch. Saw Laettner play in '89 Regional Finals vs G'town/Mourning. CL went right at Zo from opening tip and it was vicious. My father & I were in awe.

Can't Wait

He was an absolute killer. I remember watching the '92 tournament with my father (who is a UVA season-ticket holder), and at one point he looked at me and said "Does this mother f***** make everything?!" That summed up to me the sentiment that all opposing fans had. They hated the guy, and he still ALWAYS made the play. A true college bball legend.

Yeah, I've been looking forward to this one since they announced it back in the fall.

And I'm with Bart Scott on this one....."CAN'T WAIT!!!"

I have two all time favorite Duke players. One is Shane Battier, one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, a champion, and a great teammate. The other, well, it is Christian Laettner. Laettner is the baddest dude we ever have had to slip on the Duke jersey. I cannot help but smile whenever I see him or think about those four years that we had him. He is without a doubt the best college player to have ever played at Duke. I expected to always win and expected nothing less than excellence from himself and his teammates. There will never be another Laettner and I am so excited about this documentary.

Laettner is not only one of the best ever at Duke, he's one of the best college players of the modern era, period.

I absolutely love this 30 for 30!!! I love that UK and UNCheat fans detest everything about him.

I usually go to the F4 almost every year and the times UK have been there. I've seen A LOT of "I Still Hate Laettner" shirts. Hilarious!!

Really looking forward to seeing this! Laettner is one of my all time favorite Duke players. Just watched a short video of Kentucky people being asked about him, and lmao at the responses. How could you possibly "hate" someone after all these years?!
It cannot be denied that he was "stone cold" and one of (if not the) best College BB players of all time!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Rob Lowe is the producer. He has a son at Duke.

I heard Rob on Coach K's satellite radio show.

I can't wait to see this 30 for 30 special as well because I saw the previews and a lot if not all the players it showed in the previews said some seriously vile things about Laettner. So it'll be interesting to see what other vile things are said about him during the special. I personally think it's pretty hilarious that UK fans and former UK players still hate him as much as they do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT