ADVERTISEMENT

I am offcially declaring the 2017-2018 year as:

If he goes on to have an All-American season, this has all the makings of a stereotypical sports movie. Lol a player has the world at his hands only to lose it all, but he comes back to reclaim his spot on top of the sport. Imagine if he ends his senior year the same way he ended his freshman year with a historic performance in the national championship. A guy could dream!

I like it. Grayson has an opportunity to do some great things this season, and I wouldn't bet against him. Hopefully, #3 gets #6 for Duke, and perhaps puts his jersey in the rafters in the process.

Grayson%20Allen%20Quest%20for%20the%20Rafters.jpg

OFC

Last edited:
What a great finish that would be! One of my all-time favorite Duke players getting his Jersey hung in the rafters would be a dream come true for him. If he can stay injury free and just let the game come to him, he could have an opportunity to leave the school he loves with not only #6 hanging in the rafters, but his Jersey not far from it.
Fingers crossed for a really great young man that deserves nothing but the best in his last year!
Go Duke!
OFC

Speaking of jerseys in the rafters, I'm sure this has been asked / discussed before, but is there a list of criteria that has to be met to have your jersey hung, or are players selected just based on the staff thinking they deserve it? Is there a jersey you think should be there, but isn't?

Speaking of jerseys in the rafters, I'm sure this has been asked / discussed before, but is there a list of criteria that has to be met to have your jersey hung, or are players selected just based on the staff thinking they deserve it? Is there a jersey you think should be there, but isn't?

National award and graduate I'm pretty positive

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
"Though there is no ‘official’ criteria to have a jersey retired at Duke, a player must achieve at a national level — earn National Player of the Year or National Defensive Player of the Year honors, set an NCAA record, win a gold medal representing his country in the Olympics or earn All-America recognition. What distinguishes Duke’s retired jersey players from many other schools is the main criteria. No jersey will be retired at Duke unless the player has earned his degree."

"Though there is no ‘official’ criteria to have a jersey retired at Duke, a player must achieve at a national level — earn National Player of the Year or National Defensive Player of the Year honors, set an NCAA record, win a gold medal representing his country in the Olympics or earn All-America recognition. What distinguishes Duke’s retired jersey players from many other schools is the main criteria. No jersey will be retired at Duke unless the player has earned his degree."

I think we should pin this because it comes up every year. Haha.

For future reference you can find this information in the media guide.

Should Allen win a national award, even the Senior C.L.A.S.S. award, it will be hard to keep him out. He'll need a record to really solidify as well. Honestly, I think not having a school record has kept Mark Alarie and Kyle Singler out. Scheyer too.

If he goes on to have an All-American season, this has all the makings of a stereotypical sports movie. Lol a player has the world at his hands only to lose it all, but he comes back to reclaim his spot on top of the sport. Imagine if he ends his senior year the same way he ended his freshman year with a historic performance in the national championship. A guy could dream!
And dreams do come true.

If Elton Brand finishes his degree, #42 will go up....get it done Elton!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT