ADVERTISEMENT

I’m thankful

DukeDenver

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2010
Triad, NC
We get to root for the best program in the land. Focusing on year-to-year performance is small thinking. Look at the consistent quality of play and player in Durham, NC. Duke is the best out there. Let’s give thanks to K and the institution that is Duke. Thank God I am a Devil.

tenor.gif

Amen. Let's enjoy the time left we have with Coach K. If anyone thinks now is hard, there's going to be a full dose of reality coming when he's gone.

I agree 100 per cent. I really think that a lot of Duke fans have taken Coach K for granted and have become unappreciative of him. Just think about it. I've been a Duke fan a long, long time and remember some really hard times. I hope we never see them again because if we do Coach K's biggest critics will be the ones to criticize whoever the new coach is and will probably not be Duke fans anymore. So the next time we have a poster who thinks they know more about basketball than Coach K try to remember what we have. If I'm stepping on any toes then I mean too. Love Duke athletics and love Coach K and will still be as of a big Duke fan as I am now and I challenge every one of you to do the same. OFC

He's been our coach as long as I've been a Duke fan (late 80's).I cant picture anyone else running this program,i think we have 4 more years and he'll call it quits when he turns 75,cant see him going any longer,but you never know

I agree 100 per cent. I really think that a lot of Duke fans have taken Coach K for granted and have become unappreciative of him. Just think about it. I've been a Duke fan a long, long time and remember some really hard times. I hope we never see them again because if we do Coach K's biggest critics will be the ones to criticize whoever the new coach is and will probably not be Duke fans anymore. So the next time we have a poster who thinks they know more about basketball than Coach K try to remember what we have. If I'm stepping on any toes then I mean too. Love Duke athletics and love Coach K and will still be as of a big Duke fan as I am now and I challenge every one of you to do the same. OFC
You are spot on. I posted once that I thought Duke would be down for a time after K leaves and got clobbered for it . I still think that , which is why I hope he stays for a long time. Don't believe that I have seen many programs ,including Duke back in time, that did not do this. Duke fans , including myself, have gotten spoiled by the number of good years that K has given us. I will be the last one to ever criticize this guy. That being said, I just wish he would play more people ..

Reactions: skysdad
I have confidence that Duke will remain a basketball blue blood. Whomever succeeds Coach K won't have the automatic credibility but will still have the tradition and branding that Duke offers. But I'm not going to worry about that yet. I'll just enjoy the ride and being a contender EVERY SINGLE YEAR (sorry for yelling).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT