ADVERTISEMENT

He's gone.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
johnny "tar heel" swofford" announed that he is retiring as the ACC comissioner at the end of June 2021. It can't come soon enough for me. He is being touted for expanding the ACC by adding nine teams and only losing one during his tenure and playing a major role for the ACC network which so far I haven't been all that impressed with in it's 1st year. Hopefully they will get all the kinks out and cut off volley ball matches go into 4 or 5 overtimes and missing the whole 1st half of a Duke game. It is said he brought a lot of revenue into the ACC with major television money. That may all be true but here's some more truth. He was athletic directer at unc cheater u from the very start of the AFAM scandal and if you don't believe that you arevas naive as Beaver Clever was at 6 years old. He had as much to do with creating that scandal as anyone and when the truth came out while he was ACC commissioner he had nothing to say. With all the things he has be given credit for he still in my mind he is a sleezy as the coaches and others in college athletics who lost their jobs , integrity and reputations. Your comments are welcome but I request no "likes" on this thread but I expect one from my "like troll." OFC

Reactions: bullettoothtony
Should've been gone years ago.

Ridiculous for him to stay in such a position for so long.

He should write thank you letters to K and Tony Bennett for carrying this league in basketball for the last 5-7 years and one to Dabo for carrying it in football. UNC has been way below average for most of his stint as ACC commissioner in basketball and teams like Miami, FSU, and VT who used to carry the ACC in football have played below average as well.

johnny "tar heel" swofford" announed that he is retiring as the ACC comissioner at the end of June 2021. It can't come soon enough for me. He is being touted for expanding the ACC by adding nine teams and only losing one during his tenure and playing a major role for the ACC network which so far I haven't been all that impressed with in it's 1st year. Hopefully they will get all the kinks out and cut off volley ball matches go into 4 or 5 overtimes and missing the whole 1st half of a Duke game. It is said he brought a lot of revenue into the ACC with major television money. That may all be true but here's some more truth. He was athletic directer at unc cheater u from the very start of the AFAM scandal and if you don't believe that you arevas naive as Beaver Clever was at 6 years old. He had as much to do with creating that scandal as anyone and when the truth came out while he was ACC commissioner he had nothing to say. With all the things he has be given credit for he still in my mind he is a sleezy as the coaches and others in college athletics who lost their jobs , integrity and reputations. Your comments are welcome but I request no "likes" on this thread but I expect one from my "like troll." OFC

You've got the sleazeball down COLD Sky!!!!! He was the buffer for Cheater Hole in the scandal, no question.... OFC

Reactions: hpnole and skysdad
Should have added , I hope this teaches the ACC a lesson. Do not pick another commish that has ties to any ACC school. Didn't he also get his son involved in the ACC network? How damned unprofessional can you get.

Guy was the AD at UNC when they were started and were neck deep in the cheating schemes. The guy is a sleazeball

Reactions: skysdad
Guy was the AD at UNC when they were started and were neck deep in the cheating schemes. The guy is a sleazeball

There is no way as the a.d. in cheater heel that he knew about it, knew it wrong and was a big part in getting it set up. They did it in a way that was decieving. Yes there dotted the i's and crossed the t's. It was well planned and involved a lot of high ranking indiviuals at cheater u. If they really wanted to benefit all students they would encourage that the AFAM program be offered to every university in the nation. Perhaps scam is not the right word but we were all taken for a ride for close to 20 years. I don't care how much he accomplished as ACC commisioner I will not forget who he was when this scandal began. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT