ADVERTISEMENT

Harry will return!!!

Harry will have a big year for the Kings if he is healthy. I predict he has a good chance of making All Rookie team. He won’t be a Joel Embliid but he may average double figures.

Basically every report of him is that he’s an even better person than a basketball player. If anyone deserves to make a full recovery, it’s him.

Looking at Kings roster there is a good spot for Harry to see quite a bit of time on the court.
Randolph plays the 4 and Cauley Stein the 5 .
Harry can hopefully share time at both spots on the second team.
Vince Carter must be using the same UNC attorneys to negotiate his deal.
Scoring 5.5 points a game he gets paid 8M per year. 12 th in scoring but 5th best in pay.
Time for Vince to follow Jerry Stackhouse to retirement.

Looking at Kings roster there is a good spot for Harry to see quite a bit of time on the court.
Scoring 5.5 points a game he gets paid 8M per year. 12 th in scoring but 5th best in pay.
Apparently he is an amazing mentor. I have been impressed with his interviews lately. It may be that 8 million is the minimum pay for a 20 year veteran.

I’m not sure Vince Carter can make any less money.

The crazy thing is a healthy Giles would’ve been better than Marvin Bagley. We were all cheated from seeing a beautiful treat last year.

I'm not sure we can say Giles would have been better than Bagley. It's certainly possible, though. Giles was once considered a 'can't miss' kind of talent. Unfortunately, injuries probably derailed any chance of him becoming a superstar.

Few recruits are talked about the way Harry was as an eighth-grader and freshman in high school. He was elite. Those damn knees.

We'll never know why Giles was cleared to play at Duke, obviously at 50% speed at best, when he was clearly so far from being ready. Harry would have been better served putting in the work that he's been doing this year. Not blaming Duke, but it was a wasted effort to put him on the court.

The legend of Harry Giles was formed during his sophomore and junior seasons, mainly during the AAU summers. He was supposed to be the next Chris Webber.

Completely unfair though to compare Harry to Marvin. Once Harry suffered that first torn ACL (I believe early junior year), he was never the same. Comparing Harry to Marvin is basically like saying what this Duke team would be with Frank Jackson, it's dumb and pointless, plus we wouldn't have Duval if we had Frank.

The legend of Harry Giles was formed during his sophomore and junior seasons, mainly during the AAU summers. He was supposed to be the next Chris Webber.

Completely unfair though to compare Harry to Marvin. Once Harry suffered that first torn ACL (I believe early junior year), he was never the same. Comparing Harry to Marvin is basically like saying what this Duke team would be with Frank Jackson, it's dumb and pointless, plus we wouldn't have Duval if we had Frank.

Not unfair at all. Junior year Harry was better than junior year Bagley imo. Doing comparisons is what people who love sports do

Both were number 1 recruits. Giles was an elite athlete. He could shoot, handle the ball, And was a better defender. Super long arms. He was Chris Webber.
Scout graded Giles a 97, but graded Bagley a 98 which is higher than every other high schooler from 2013-2020. 247 graded Bagley higher as well. Haven't looked elsewhere. I think its just way too hard to say so definitively that a healthy Giles would have been better. Marvin Bagley is hands down the best freshman that has ever played for Duke.

Scout graded Giles a 97, but graded Bagley a 98 which is higher than every other high schooler from 2013-2020. 247 graded Bagley higher as well. Haven't looked elsewhere. I think its just way too hard to say so definitively that a healthy Giles would have been better. Marvin Bagley is hands down the best freshman that has ever played for Duke.

It would’ve been hard for him to put up the numbers Bagley is doing. But skill level Giles was better all around. Both were great prospects though

It would’ve been hard for him to put up the numbers Bagley is doing. But skill level Giles was better all around. Both were great prospects though
Considering last year's team had zero elite big-man, all we basically had was Amile, one would think it would have been easier for Giles to have put up monster stats. He would have had the paint all to himself, and if he's as good as Bagley, would of been putting up 25 and 10 a night.

Bagley has to share the paint with Wendell.

I love Harry, but this conversation is depressing, we never got to see the real Harry, and we suffered because of it.

I think we should all agree on this..a fully healthy Harry would have been a better defender than Bagley (Harry would have been a defensive force in the paint swatting shots), but Bagley is the better offensive player and rebounder.

Last edited:
Considering last year's team had zero elite big-man, all we basically had was Amile, one would think it would have been easier for Giles to have put up monster stats. He would have had the paint all to himself, and if he's as good as Bagley, would of been putting up 25 and 10 a night.

Bagley has to share the paint with Wendell.

I love Harry, but this conversation is depressing, we never got to see the real Harry, and we suffered because of it.

I think we should all agree on this..a fully healthy Harry would have been a better defender than Bagley (Harry would have been a defensive force in the paint swatting shots), but Bagley is the better offensive player and rebounder.

Harry would've had Tatum. Wendell is nowhere as aggressive as a scorer as Tatum. Amile was a really good rebounder as well. But I wish we did get to see him play at full strength. We would be talking about championship #7 this year

I don't remember who the guy was but I remember hearing a radio show with some AAU coach who said Harry was the best high school basketball player he had ever seen play in person.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT