ADVERTISEMENT

Haha...Marvin's Father Thinks Joel isn't a Choir Boy

Of course the funny thing is I don't think Marvin's dad is implying Joel is dirty so much as 'perception' of certain players. Grayson is perceived as dirty, so everything is scrutinized, while Joel is considered hard-nosed, heady, and thus leading with elbows is seemingly okay.
Anyway, if this causes the Heel fans to get all huffy, then all is well.

OFC

There's no doubt Berry has been doing something very crafty, dirty... to score like he does when going to the hole. A guy his size, to be as effective as he is, is doing something to gain an advantage. Often wondered why he never gets called for an offensive foul.

They do get a little huffy when the finger points in their direction don't they? Not their players. I go back to the early 60's of them thinking anybody that went to UNC walked on water. I hear it even in Church all the time, but try very hard to be above that ish. I am getting close to popping a vein though.

OFC

Grayson’s hip check tech the other night was weak as hell. That happens all the time and a lot of the time it’s never called. With that said though Grayson has brought a lot of this on himself but the overreactions are just ridiculous.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Obviously I'm biased but his dad is really immature. Why call out a college kid like that when you are a parent of another college kid? Doesn't he have enough to focus on already. This is not a big deal but his dad should grow up.

Reactions: absolutely nobody
Obviously I'm biased but his dad is really immature. Why call out a college kid like that when you are a parent of another college kid? Doesn't he have enough to focus on already. This is not a big deal but his dad should grow up.

I've seen you post enough to know that if Joel Berry's dad said something about Grayson you'd slobber it up and the tune would change.

Besides, Marvin's dad is just sticking up for someone he actually knows.

You just can't help can you ? Your initials aren't RMB by any chance is it? Really why do you post here? OFC

Like Roy callin out the kid that turned him down to go to Michigan st? Class act you and all your fans and coach are.

JB does tend to lead with his elbow a lot. I don't think he's trying to be malicious or anything. But sometimes stuff like what you see in pic below will happen when you do that. At least he got called out on the flagrant against Izundu.

berry_zpsvcavlpjb.jpg

I think there is a little bit of race involved with the reaction to Grayson vs Joel Berry.

When people think of Duke and unlikeable players, it is Christian Laettner, JJ, Wojo, and I have even heard (for the life of me cannot figure out why) Bobby Hurley, Kyle Singler, and Jon Scheyer. But no one ever mentions someone like Dahntay Jones, who quite frankly, acted like a jerk and showboat at times (still remember the pushups against, UVA was it?)

Now, I know, post hoc, ergo, propter hoc is a fallacy, but sometimes I wonder...

I think there is a little bit of race involved with the reaction to Grayson vs Joel Berry.

When people think of Duke and unlikeable players, it is Christian Laettner, JJ, Wojo, and I have even heard (for the life of me cannot figure out why) Bobby Hurley, Kyle Singler, and Jon Scheyer. But no one ever mentions someone like Dahntay Jones, who quite frankly, acted like a jerk and showboat at times (still remember the pushups against, UVA was it?)

Now, I know, post hoc, ergo, propter hoc is a fallacy, but sometimes I wonder...
Unfortunately you are right.

Oh get out of here with that. If Grayson Allen was black he would have been branded a thug a long time ago and you know it. I get that fans are biased. I understand because I'm biased for my school but this guy has a history of doing this and you all know if Allen played for us you would be calling him the dirtiest player in history.

I should have been clear, I just sometimes wonder if the reaction has anything to do with race.

I pointed out above how when everyone points out Duke players they hate, they are always white when duke has had it share of non-white hateable players. I wonder if there are pre-conceived notions on play when I am watching college A play an inner city Detroit team (team B). Anytime team B drives and does not look right, foul. Team a drives, you can HEAR the slap, no foul.

I am not saying people are racist, but it does seem like people have natural biases on how a certain race plays basketball.

The fact of the matter is, Berry's play in the UVA game at a very minimum deserved a second look and probably a flagrant 1. And this was not the first time.

I also go back to CP back in 05. He finally got called on it near the end of the season, but he clearly had a penchant for groin shots all year and was never called out for it...

Hehe, a cheater telling us to get out of our own board. Classic. :)

Oh get out of here with that. If Grayson Allen was black he would have been branded a thug a long time ago and you know it. I get that fans are biased. I understand because I'm biased for my school but this guy has a history of doing this and you all know if Allen played for us you would be calling him the dirtiest player in history.

Do you understand where you are at ? Well I guess you do. Really you think you have the run this Duke board and tell the regulars what to do? You gotta be kidding me. You really have no business even posting here. And no if Grayson played for unc Makhtar would still be the diritest player ever for unc. By the way do you know who he was or remember him? Is your 1st name Robert by any chance and are you called Bobby for short? OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: tison31
Do you understand where you are at ? Well I guess you do. Really you think you have the run this Duke board and tell the regulars what to do? You gotta be kidding me. You really have no business even posting here. And no if Grayson played for unc Makhtar would still be the diritest player ever for unc. By the way do you know who he was or remember him? Is your 1st name Robert by any chance and are you called Bobby for short? OFC
I think his first name is Richard, but everyone calls him DICK!!!

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT