ADVERTISEMENT

Great off-court Duke moments...

TheDude1

Cameron Crazy
Apr 15, 2010
So, as a Duke fan, it isn’t always the moments on the court that you remember and love. Sometimes it is the off court moments, moments where you get a great moment of our boys characters, that are memorable. A few I love...

Lee kissing the floor on his last night.
Amile’s triple-take when Ms Florida walked by as he was hosting an interview, maybe in Maui?
“It hasn’t happened yet.”
That photo of Zoubs in the Lincoln Bedroom
“In only my ice.”

So which are some you remember?

Last edited:
Reactions: dukehokie
Who said “it hasn’t happened yet?” I’m blanking on that one.

So, as a Duke fan, it isn’t always the moments on the court that you remember and love. Sometimes it is the off court moments, moments where you get a great moment of our boys characters, that are memorable. A few I love...

Lee kissing the floor on his last night.
Amile’s triple-take when Ms Florida walked by as he was hosting an interview, maybe in Maui?
“It hasn’t happened yet.”
That photo of Zoubs in the Lincoln Bedroom
“In only my ice.”

So which are some you remember?

Nolan’s senior year on Duke Blue Planet, he got emotional after his last home game being interviewed by KI. That’s was a touching moment.

I think I shared this a few years ago, but I'll share again. The summer before my junior year of high school (a long time ago, but after Coach K came to Duke) I attended the Duke basketball camp. One evening during the game sessions I set a pick and the guy I screened ran into me. What I didn't realize when it happened was his head hit my head just right and it split my eye open. Coaches stopped the game and sent me to the trainer. By the time I got to the trainer I was covered in blood and looked like I was dying. They jump up, have a fit and immediately take me to ER. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous in the big ER at 16 years old all by myself. They had just taken me back to do clean up and stitches and all that fun stuff when Mickie K came in. She say there with me the entire time they stitched me up. Told me she was there to take care of me since my mama wasn't around.
She left when they finished while I was signing paperwork and the trainer brought me back to Cameron. When I got back to the dorm, I called my house to tell my folks what had happened and they already knew. Mrs. K had called them before she got to the ER and again when she left and let them know I was ok.
At the time, I just thought it was cool she came and checked in on me. Now that I have kids of my own, I realize how awesome that was. It also shows the care and compassion she and her family have for that program. She gave up one of her nights to spend with a kid at the camp that she didn't know and probably would never see again. Imagine the love and caring she shows for the kids on the team.

Holy crap Marvin ! THAT is an awesome story. Good stuff my friend, it's why "OUR BLUE IS BEST !"

Reactions: Nivram50
When I was with you at The Skillet at CTC 2017 and Zion gave us the "silent verbal." How can you forget such a great moment in Duke recruiting history. OFC

Reactions: Skeelow22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT