ADVERTISEMENT

Gardner Webb game cancelled!

Sucks bad, I was really looking forward to some Duke basketball. But its not surprising. It may be the first of many, but I hope not!!!
OFC

I think you’ll be right unfortunately

How many games are postponed or cancelled before the NCAA decides to postpone the entire basketball season or will they just power thru? Could we see May Madness? Pitino made some valid arguments recently on postponing the season to late February and having May Madness.

How many games are postponed or cancelled before the NCAA decides to postpone the entire basketball season or will they just power thru? Could we see May Madness? Pitino made some valid arguments recently on postponing the season to late February and having May Madness.

I have no idea but this is a lot different then CFB.. when you quarantine you need 14 days and losing 3-4 players on a football roster isn’t as big of a deal as 3-4 players on a basketball roster. CFB you play 1 day during the week.... with CBB esp in the beginning the tournament games you could play 3-4 games in a week... Being outdoor to indoor to me is a big factor, yes you can get COVID anywhere but you aren’t confined in one space.... there are more factors..

This really stinks, but this the way the majority of the season is going to go, not just with Duke, but with most teams this season. I was wanting to have these two games played due to the fact, Duke would have had a couple of easy games to prepare for Michigan State.

Agree bleed...Hope we can at worse have a delay. However I see some postponement/cancellation as imminent. OFC

Really wish they would have just had a conference only schedule.

Between State, UNC, Wake and Virginia that’s atleast eight games. Smaller schools are strapped more for how they can contain and allow for sports teams to stay in a bubble like atmosphere.

It’s almost a show as to why the Ivy League cancelled all winter sports. You have to start asking how many cancelled games will there be allowed before the ncaa stops all sports.

This will be an exhibition season in my opinion. Duke will always err on the side of caution. Perhaps we can get enough games played to decide who will play in the "bubble" tournament if we're lucky. That would be better than last year.

G Webb had to cancel their football game last week vs Charlotte for the same reason.

Good idea but it might be too late to get an opponent so close to Thanksgiving. OFC

news round here said they are actively looking, but I doubt 2 days, now a day is enough time, but then again.....probably gotta wait til Saturday=(

Very disappointing.

And the worst part is, now on the night before Thanksgiving I don't have an excuse to slip away from the in laws and watch the game.

Unfortunately, this will definitely not be the last time this happens this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT