Who get's game ball?

• Zion. 32 POINTS (3-7 on 3's) 11 rebounds, 4 assist

Votes: 53 96.4%
  • RJ. 16 POINTS, 8 rebounds, 4 assist and THE PUT BACK

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Cam. 13 points, 3/4 on 3 4 rebounds

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I went with Zion, 'cause he carried us throughout and went right at the Taco. But all 3 of those guys made huge plays in the closing minutes to get us the win. Cam with the huuuge 3 when we went down 74-70. Zion taking it to Taco and willing the ball in the basket over him while fouling him out (a big, big shoutout to Javin for rebounding the missed 3 and giving Zion another chance). And RJ for rebounding the missed ft by Zion and scoring the go ahead bucket. All 3 played very well. And Javin was terrific also.

OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
2 mins left, 74-70
UCF ball, Javin makes a steal
Cam scores 3PT (74-73)
Dawkins misses, Javin boards Tacko
RJ blows layup, Javin O-boards Tacko
Javin fouled on put-back, misses both FTs
Zion D-foul leads to 2 made FTs (76-73)

Javin sets screen for Z, he shoots off of it. Now Javin scrambles from the top of the key to rebounding position in a matter of 2 seconds to secure the O-board, with Tacko in the game. Passes back out to Z, you know the rest of the possession.

I want to note something along with that following UCF’s missed jumper, Javin is boxing out. 100% positioned for rebound. Allen swings over and hip + elbow checks him sideways, allowing Dawkin’s tip-in opportunity.
2jg58vn.jpg

Before / During hip+elbow check.

Yes of course we don’t win the game without Zion, give him the game ball sure... But can this kid get an honorable mention? Because we also don’t win without him!!!

The two missed free throws by Javin sucked, but besides that, the young man had a really nice sequence late.

Hard fought rebound that doubtfully anyone else in the nation would grab from Tacko, it was a lucky opportunity that he blew... Which of course SUCKED but he didn’t blow the initial possession. Honestly the play of the game was him setting a screen 20ft away from the basket and somehow finding offensive rebounding position over Tacko and Allen both. If that didn’t happen, we lose.

I’m good with all the glory to Zion, well deserved. But if Javin didn’t miraculously do that, Zion’s missed 3 ends the season. Instead of being the hero, he would of been heavily in question for shot selection.

2 mins left, 74-70
UCF ball, Javin makes a steal
Cam scores 3PT (74-73)
Dawkins misses, Javin boards Tacko
RJ blows layup, Javin O-boards Tacko
Javin fouled on put-back, misses both FTs
Zion D-foul leads to 2 made FTs (76-73)

Javin sets screen for Z, he shoots off of it. Now Javin scrambles from the top of the key to rebounding position in a matter of 2 seconds to secure the O-board, with Tacko in the game. Passes back out to Z, you know the rest of the possession.

I want to note something along with that following UCF’s missed jumper, Javin is boxing out. 100% positioned for rebound. Allen swings over and hip + elbow checks him sideways, allowing Dawkin’s tip-in opportunity.
2jg58vn.jpg

Before / During hip+elbow check.

Yes of course we don’t win the game without Zion, give him the game ball sure... But can this kid get an honorable mention? Because we also don’t win without him!!!
Thanks for the run down. I hadn’t relived all those possessions. Needless to say, going 0-3 from the charity stripe while being down in the last 2 minutes is not something we can overcome very often. Really need clutch free throw shooting on this team. Don’t need to shoot a high percentage for the game, but we do need to hit the ones that count.

Have to go with Zion. He carried us when we needed him.....which was most of the game.

Thanks for the run down. I hadn’t relived all those possessions. Needless to say, going 0-3 from the charity stripe while being down in the last 2 minutes is not something we can overcome very often. Really need clutch free throw shooting on this team. Don’t need to shoot a high percentage for the game, but we do need to hit the ones that count.

Dirty work goes unappreciated more times than not. I know he missed his FT’s but he played a hell of a final 2 minutes otherwise.

And well, if we shoot well during the game we likely won’t have to bite our fingernails over FTs late game.

Zion was that dude yesterday but a big thank you to Javin for getting that offensive board!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT