ADVERTISEMENT

Game Sunday

The one thing I never do is underestimate an opponent. Duke is a great team, no doubt, but the arrogance of the Duke fan saying if Tacko had talent he would not be at UCF is so typical dook.
It’s our board. We can be as arrogant as we want. I don’t recall you getting an invitation to our party anyway.

The one thing I never do is underestimate an opponent. Duke is a great team, no doubt, but the arrogance of the Duke fan saying if Tacko had talent he would not be at UCF is so typical dook.
How’s it feel to be playing in your first National Title game tomorrow?

Debating why a player is not at a power school if he really is super talented is common and an obvious question, "so typical DUKE"
Is well,

I love Ron White.

“My wife called the hotel and said it was an emergency. I ran to the phone thinking maybe my rich in-laws [had died]....I get on the phone and she said the dog crapped on the carpet. I’m halfway across the country. What does she want me to do? ...... Put the dog on the phone, honey.” Hahaha

I did that to my wife. Before we were married I was in Germany. She was in Kansas. She Skype’s me panicking. I ask her what’s wrong. She informs me there is a huge spider in the shower and she needs to shower before work. Asks me what to do. I tell her, “kill it.” She says no bc she has this crazy fear that all spiders can jump 20’ and are also ninjas. After dealing with all this, I tell her “put the spider on the phone.” Yeah, didn’t go over well. I think she ended up dumping a ton of conditioner on it and using the nozzle to flush it down the drain.

I mean if the dude was that much of a superstar, would he really be playing for UCF?
Well, it is his 6th year of playing ball. Would you have risked a scholly on him 5 years ago? Plus, he had grammar school grade issues despite posting a near perfect SAT score, so he had two strikes against him.

I like it. Sunday will be really nice weather so I am glad ro have the day to do something outside. A d I am glad that it's not a late game on a Sunday. Perfect.

On to the 7'6" wonder. Does Zion dunk on him, or will he shut Zion down?

c9shdudnkvg6nem2z7he.gif
Coach K said we were just a one jump shot team in the first half against NDSU. I think we have to run fast at them, push it up court fast and get Taco really tired. When he runs out of gas, we can force him into fouls and dominate him.

Reactions: christophero
I love Ron White.

“My wife called the hotel and said it was an emergency. I ran to the phone thinking maybe my rich in-laws [had died]....I get on the phone and she said the dog crapped on the carpet. I’m halfway across the country. What does she want me to do? ...... Put the dog on the phone, honey.” Hahaha

I did that to my wife. Before we were married I was in Germany. She was in Kansas. She Skype’s me panicking. I ask her what’s wrong. She informs me there is a huge spider in the shower and she needs to shower before work. Asks me what to do. I tell her, “kill it.” She says no bc she has this crazy fear that all spiders can jump 20’ and are also ninjas. After dealing with all this, I tell her “put the spider on the phone.” Yeah, didn’t go over well. I think she ended up dumping a ton of conditioner on it and using the nozzle to flush it down the drain.

Sounds like my wife!!

Reactions: FearTheBeard
It’s our board. We can be as arrogant as we want. I don’t recall you getting an invitation to our party anyway.

OK you can be as arrogant as you want......sure Duke is a BB school playing for the past 115 years........yes you will probably win hands down but no need to be a salty hump about it

OK you can be as arrogant as you want......sure Duke is a BB school playing for the past 115 years........yes you will probably win hands down but no need to be a salty hump about it
I wish I was as obsessed with anything as you are of Duke

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
Man what is with opposing fans like you coming over to our board to bitch and moan about how great our team is and how much better our basketball program is overall? You're like sheep willing walking into a slaughter knowing it's a freaking slaughter.

You must not have much respect for your head coach because disrespecting Duke in that manner is disrespecting him also!

If you don’t like what you read here, then I suggest you stay away. Pretty easy to do.

Reactions: bluedevilfan42
We will have to have a better start Sunday or this will be a dog fight.

Not sure i agree, could be wrong and so correct me if so, but when healthy, Duke has been a second half team this year. I think lots of our blowouts have occurred in the second half. I think it will be close early on and then Duke wins going away in the middle of the second half.

Death lineup with Goldwire. Run them out of the gym. Tako can't block shots if he's on the other side of the court.

I may end up being very wrong about this, but I think the Huskies match up well with the Tar Heels. I've seen them play a bunch of times. They will not be afraid. Go Dawgs!

Like I said earlier, I think this will be a very tough game. UCF will be ready to go. They have athletes and a few shooters. That can keep a team in a game.

I'd love for an easy game but I don't expect one. Would be happy if the team proved me wrong.

Not sure why all the visiting animosity in this thread, as I think everyone knows all games at this time of year are tough.

Tacko is:
1. 5 years older
2. 15 pounds lighter
3. 11" taller
4. Infinitly slower
5. Guessing not as strong
6. Guessing not as skilled

Unless UCF figures a way to slow Duke down, I am not developing a sense of panic. I hope they run a zone -- between Zion, Barrett, and Redish -- I think there are plenty of options.

I think a funnier scenario would be if Zion stuffed Tacko.
Older, not nearly lighter (310 at least),taller, yep slower, probably at least as strong, no, not nearly as skilled. Zion is a once in a life time player. Duke is great, this game will be more about the non mentioned players rather than Tacko IMO, namely the other two bigs at 6'11" and 6' 10". Good luck.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
A comment from 1 person indicates that ALL Duke fans are arrogant? Child, please.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Older, not nearly lighter (310 at least),taller, yep slower, probably at least as strong, no, not nearly as skilled. Zion is a once in a life time player. Duke is great, this game will be more about the non mentioned players rather than Tacko IMO, namely the other two bigs at 6'11" and 6' 10". Good luck.
Fair enough. I think this game is about everyone not named "Zion" or "Tacko". Wish you good luck, too -- just not as much as us! ;)

Reactions: footnfan1
He took official visits to G Tech and Georgetown. He had offers from those schools as well as K State and Baylor.
Really? Per verbalcommits.com, there were no offers from anywhere but UCF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT