ADVERTISEMENT

Game Sunday

I like it. Sunday will be really nice weather so I am glad ro have the day to do something outside. A d I am glad that it's not a late game on a Sunday. Perfect.

On to the 7'6" wonder. Does Zion dunk on him, or will he shut Zion down?

c9shdudnkvg6nem2z7he.gif

We need to draw him away from the basket. Zion go around him and already be in the air before Taco even gets turned in the other direction

I like it. Sunday will be really nice weather so I am glad ro have the day to do something outside. A d I am glad that it's not a late game on a Sunday. Perfect.

c9shdudnkvg6nem2z7he.gif

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Coach better be on this teams azz to forget the 3, drive, and have the 3 forwards crashing for clean up after Fall bites on the first drive.

I noticed they also play a 6’11 guy next to Tako. That’s some freakish length.

You could literally say that about every game. We are favored by almost 15.
Being favored means absolutely nothing this time of year. This will be a close game and I will probably take UCF +15 if I decide to bet it. Should we win, yes.

UCF’s tempo is glaringly slow, and not because Tacko is slow. Virginia’s slow tempo is a thing of beauty because their patience finds the open shot and they excel at shooting. UCF struggles shooting the ball, so I’m not worried. If we just push the pace offensively, we will absolutely eat them alive. Tacko is SLOW and getting down the court before him will rip them to shreds. What we cannot do is settle for half-court offense every possession and rely on offensive rebounds to save the day.

I think it’s also important that we don’t utilize Zion’s defense on Tacko. He’s way too aggressive... Let Bolden and DeLaurier get the foul trouble on the poor version of Yao.

I think K will try a few things by using a more athletic Bolden on Tacko or just going small all around where he becomes a huge liability. I think we'll be fine.

c9shdudnkvg6nem2z7he.gif

Tacko is:
1. 5 years older
2. 15 pounds lighter
3. 11" taller
4. Infinitly slower
5. Guessing not as strong
6. Guessing not as skilled

Unless UCF figures a way to slow Duke down, I am not developing a sense of panic. I hope they run a zone -- between Zion, Barrett, and Redish -- I think there are plenty of options.

I think a funnier scenario would be if Zion stuffed Tacko.

Reactions: dbav
Tacko is:
1. 5 years older
2. 15 pounds lighter
3. 11" taller
4. Infinitly slower
5. Guessing not as strong
6. Guessing not as skilled

Unless UCF figures a way to slow Duke down, I am not developing a sense of panic. I hope they run a zone -- between Zion, Barrett, and Redish -- I think there are plenty of options.

I think a funnier scenario would be if Zion stuffed Tacko.
Tacko is listed at 310

He doesn’t score a ton and basically only dunks (albeit with his fee still on the floor). Just keep him from catching the ball in the circle and he won’t hurt you offensively.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
If we play D like we’ve been playing and keep attacking and not settle for 3’s I really think we should win by double digits tomorrow

Reactions: christophero
Tacko is listed at 310

He doesn’t score a ton and basically only dunks (albeit with his fee still on the floor). Just keep him from catching the ball in the circle and he won’t hurt you offensively.
I saw 270 on one site...but I see 310 now. OK. He's 25 lbs heavier -- even better. My lack of panic just increased.

Reactions: dbav
From the UCF side. Do I expect us to win, oh hell no. Just hope to keep it close for as long as possible. We have wanted to play Duke since the day Johnny Dawkins signed on as Head Coach, add to that that our Athletic Directors are father and son, and it makes for an interesting game all around.
As for Tacko, big tall kid with very limited basketball experience. Has only played the game for 6 yrs. Zion scares the hell out of me with his mobility. Tacko will stay in the paint and look to change shots along with Collin Smith.

Lets pray for a game with no injuries, on either side. Good luck

Go Knights, Charge On

From the UCF side. Do I expect us to win, oh hell no. Just hope to keep it close for as long as possible. We have wanted to play Duke since the day Johnny Dawkins signed on as Head Coach, add to that that our Athletic Directors are father and son, and it makes for an interesting game all around.
As for Tacko, big tall kid with very limited basketball experience. Has only played the game for 6 yrs. Zion scares the hell out of me with his mobility. Tacko will stay in the paint and look to change shots along with Collin Smith.

Lets pray for a game with no injuries, on either side. Good luck

Go Knights, Charge On
The one thing I never do is underestimate an opponent. Duke is a great team, no doubt, but the arrogance of the Duke fan saying if Tacko had talent he would not be at UCF is so typical dook.

Reactions: ucfMike and JAFFX2
UCF has some good athletes. I expect it to be a pretty close game overall. Good shooters will always keep you in a game.

The one thing I never do is underestimate an opponent. Duke is a great team, no doubt, but the arrogance of the Duke fan saying if Tacko had talent he would not be at UCF is so typical dook.

Hehe

Debating why a player is not at a power school if he really is super talented is common and an obvious question, "so typical DUKE"
Is well,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT