ADVERTISEMENT

For fun: Your athletic profile and player comparison

politicsasusual21

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Dec 23, 2005
Ok lets have some fun. Place yourself in your most athletic year, give us your general profile as an athlete, and project yourself into the NBA, NFL and MLB with a single player comparison and your reasonings.

Be honest with your profile, but obviously the player comparison will need some imagination. This is supposed to be fun.

Me:

5'10" 195 lbs. Strong, compact athlete with frame to hold another 25 lbs. High level quickness, but lacks elite top end speed. Tight in the hips and needs to work on flexibility. Elite hand eye coordination. More of a power athlete than a graceful one.

NFL: not ideal size for the qb position, but arm talent and athletic ability more than make up for it. Tough to contain when breaking the pocket and a knack for throwing on the run. Player comparison: Russell Wilson

MLB: short, powerful, two handed swing. Elite defensive outfielder with a plus arm. Plays hard at all times. Good speed on the paths and a run producer. Player comparison: Mike Trout

NBA: PG with deep understanding of the game. Not overly athletic when compared to league elite. Not a great shooter. Excellent rebounder and winner with a knack for distributing the ball. Player comparison: Jason Kidd

Reactions: christophero
Me.
6-2 160 (now 180)
Shooting guard in high school. I was better in track. really wanted to play basketball in college but I ended up running track as that was by far what I was better at.
My junior year averaged around 12 a game and 80 percent from the line. Could shoot but not much more. I regressed my senior year as I was focused on running. Player comparison: Chris Collins, but no way near as good. :) I wanted to be Chris Mullin ha.Maybe a 6-2 Mullin, in my head anyway.

Last edited:
Me.
6-2 160 (now 180)
Shooting guard in high school. I was better in track. really wanted to play basketball in college but I ended up running track as that was by far what I was better at.
My junior year averaged around 12 a game and 80 percent from the line. Could shoot but not much more. I regressed my senior year as I was focused on running. Player comparison: Chris Collins, but no way near as good. :) I wanted to be Chris Mullin ha.
Im gonna need your mlb and nfl projections too. Dont be shy

I played little league baseball and was horrible. They stuck me in the outfield and I prayed no one would hit it to me. So...Bill Buckner? :)
NFL: okay I was fast. tall too. Maybe Chris Collinsworth. I wanted to play football in high school but my mom didn't let me.

Reactions: politicsasusual21
Four sport varsity in high school: soccer, cross country (when no soccer game), basketball, and baseball. Best at baseball. Pitched at Duke under Jim Bly and Tom Butters...although not much and not particularly well. "Career" cut short by rotator cuff injury. Comparison: Matt Harvey or some other flame-out!
OFC

Four sport varsity in high school: soccer, cross country (when no soccer game), basketball, and baseball. Best at baseball. Pitched at Duke under Jim Bly and Tom Butters...although not much and not particularly well. "Career" cut short by rotator cuff injury. Comparison: Matt Harvey or some other flame-out!
OFC
You have to project yourself in the other sports as well.

I mean...im.kinda just bustin your balls. Doesnt have to be serious. I always love hearing how awesome of an athlete everybody was 25 years ago. Honestly, i enjoy talking about it too. I just think it is a fun fantasy like...how would i spend the powerball winnings.

I pitched a little in baseball. I was taught a knuckleball early, so I would say Phil Niekro.
Golf was my favorite. I wasn't a long hitter and I am still not. My iron game is what carried me, so I would say Jim Furyk!!!!
OFC

6” 185.
Baseball I’d have to go with...it’s hard because I couldn’t hit a lick. I was one of the best pitchers and shortstops in the state at the time. I had a godly arm, which I through out and had Tommy John surgery and didn’t take the rehab serious and never really got my arm back. I was really fast and when I did get on base I made things miserable for the other team. My base running was godly. I would just outsmart the other teams and get a extra base here and there, stealing bases...idk how to explain it. .theres a rare mental side to baseballs base running that people have. Reading people and what they do or did before and remembering and using that to fool them. Erbody knows I’m crazy so I’ll go with John Rocker @hart2chesson lol
Football I was the running back with really quick shifty feet . Didn’t really like it. I’d have to go with Christian Mccafery
Basketball I was a point guard who could shoot the lights out...in practice lmao idk what happened to me in games so I was more of distributer who did whatever was asked to win. Greg Palus

Reactions: hart2chesson
6” 185.
Baseball I’d have to go with...it’s hard because I couldn’t hit a lick. I was one of the best pitchers and shortstops in the state at the time. I had a godly arm, which I through out and had Tommy John surgery and didn’t take the rehab serious and never really got my arm back. I was really fast and when I did get on base I made things miserable for the other team. My base running was godly. I would just outsmart the other teams and get a extra base here and there, stealing bases...idk how to explain it. .theres a rare mental side to baseballs base running that people have. Reading people and what they do or did before and remembering and using that to fool them. Erbody knows I’m crazy so I’ll go with John Rocker @hart2chesson lol
Football I was the running back with really quick shifty feet . Didn’t really like it. I’d have to go with Christian Mccafery
Basketball I was a point guard who could shoot the lights out...in practice lmao idk what happened to me in games so I was more of distributer who did whatever was asked to win. Greg Palus
Lol at the Greg Paulus. I feel ya. I actually led all of Jacksonville in runs scored my senior year. Think i ended up with 39 stolen bases and hit over 400 after breaking my hand in the first game. It just so happened that the centerfielder for one of our rivals broke the state record for stolen bases that year and they won state...so i did not have as much notoriety...but i did have some.

Reactions: IFaZe
Lol at the Greg Paulus. I feel ya. I actually led all of Jacksonville in runs scored my senior year. Think i ended up with 39 stolen bases and hit over 400 after breaking my hand in the first game. It just so happened that the centerfielder for one of our rivals broke the state record for stolen bases that year and they won state...so i did not have as much notoriety...but i did have some.
I wanna say when they pulled the stats at the end of the year I hit 311 or something close. 3 something. But that’s terrible at the level I was at I held down the 9 spot lol. I will say I hit a little ground ball between 1st and 2nd to win our region and advance to states once! Lmao.

If only I knew what I knew now....ima try to live my life through my son . All he does is play with balls. All them other toys around him he goes straight for whatever balls in the room ”ball ball ball” Hopefully he has my genes and not his uncoordinated cheerleader moms lol

I wanna say when they pulled the stats at the end of the year I hit 311 or something close. 3 something. But that’s terrible at the level I was at I held down the 9 spot lol. I will say I hit a little ground ball between 1st and 2nd to win our region and advance to states once! Lmao.
I guess it depends. Maybe more nowadays...not sure. There were maybe one or two kids that hit over 500 in jackaonville that year and they were probably frim smaller schools. I played in the highest class at the time. The kid that i referenced earlier... his name was troy veleber. Im pretty sure he hit like .380 that year but shattered the stolen base record by a lot. He won state player of the year that year. Does help when you play for a big name school

Reactions: IFaZe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT