ADVERTISEMENT

For Duke to win it all...(this has to happen)

IPSYCHOSIS

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2016
Just for fun .(((1 thing))) It can’t be stuff like great defense or great offense. Our players live up to expectations. Etc. Make it simple smaller things like Alex shoots 40% from 3. Bolden averages a double double. A certain player suprises. Zion shoots 40% from 3 . Jones averages 7 assists . We beat UNC twice. Or 3 4 lol. You get the picture now. Just (1) thing that makes us the champion....I know it’s not going to be just 1 thing, this is just for a fun prediction type thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Something like this is assuming?

RJ gets a triple double

1. Assists
2. Scoring
3. Rebounding

We beat U.K.
We win Maui Invitational( probably the hardest Maui tournament to date)
We beat the holes twice
We expose UVA’s defense and absolutely shred them apart.
We win ACC regular season as well as the ACC tournament!

RJ gets a triple double

1. Assists
2. Scoring
3. Rebounding

We beat U.K.
We beat the holes twice

RJ gets a triple double

1. Assists
2. Scoring
3. Rebounding

We beat U.K.
We beat the holes twice
We win ACC regular season as well as the ACC tournament!
yes but 1 hahahaha

Zion isn’t the poor shooting, defensive liability, 4-man that some are predicting.
Zion averages 14 and 8, all while making it look easy, and being a defensive force.

RJ wins National Player of the Year.
I knew the asking for (1) wasn’t going to happen hahaha but I’ll take that! ..close enough

Coach K finally bites the bullet and he comes in here to take advice from our esteemed posters.
There’s a couple that should step right in when K retires. At least in their minds, they think so.
This attitude you two are displaying should not be tolerated. Stop this foolishness.
Just because both of you look like famous stars, doesn't give you the right to carry on this way.

We could beat UNC 4 times correct? Think of the kick in the nads if Duke won both acc games, the tourney title, and NCAA championship against UNC....Or worse! If it happened to us.....suicide alert lmao ..extremely unlikely but would be absolute madness! Just the NCAA title game would be bad enough alone!

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
We could beat UNC 4 times correct? Think of the kick in the nads if Duke won both acc games, the tourney title, and NCAA championship against UNC....Or worse! If it happened to us.....suicide alert lmao ..extremely unlikely but would be absolute madness!
Be very careful Ipsy. Remember before this past season started, most felt we would sweep the Holes and win easily.

Cautiously optimistic.

I’ll admit after we got Bagley I thought that was going to be the best Duke team I have seen. Atleast talented anyways. Now that we’ve been in this one and done a few years, and seen what I have, I’m more cautious.

and there were many here who said unc would be very tough. Let's don't leave those guys out.

I think the key ingredient to winning the ship this year will be score at least one more point than our opponent for 6 games straight, and maybe just have that shot that rolls around the rim for what seems to be an eternity, fall in , instead of out, to take us to the FF. :D

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
I was one who thought we COULD sweep the Heels, but as time rolled on a bit, I'm fairly certain dukiejay and I said it would be very tough the way they were shaping up. But that doesn't fit the narrative.

Reactions: dukehokie
But, in other news, this nice cold front that rolled through has been heaven , has it not?

This pay the ref fund that I've heard so much about is the key.
A great way to pay for it is set up a dunking booth at the DI meet up at the "Cutting Board Fine Dining and Cuisine."
$1.00 per throw. We all take turns sitting in the booth.
With the way some of us have been arguing with each other, I see no reason we don't raise at least 6 figures, that is unless we break the arm on the booth.

I'll probably take out a loan myself, and will more than likely dislocate my arm in the process.

I’ll admit after we got Bagley I thought that was going to be the best Duke team I have seen. Atleast talented anyways. Now that we’ve been in this one and done a few years, and seen what I have, I’m more cautious.

Couldnt agree w/you more Ipsy....OFC

This pay the ref fund that I've heard so much about is the key.
A great way to pay for it is set up a dunking booth at the DI meet up at the "Cutting Board Fine Dining and Cuisine."
$1.00 per throw. We all take turns sitting in the booth.
With the way some of us have been arguing with each other, I see no reason we don't raise at least 6 figures, that is unless we break the arm on the booth.

I'll probably take out a loan myself, and will more than likely dislocate my arm in the process.

It's gonna take more than a dollar per dunk? Does that include dinks. Listen the main reason we came up short is that we came up short on funds. Ran out of money against KU and still almost pulled it off. The price for all 3 refs and the clock operator per game this year . We're talking $60,000. per. unc and tourney games go up to 80K. OFC.

Reactions: stratos201
Coach K establishes a solid 8-9 man rotation by the time March rolls around and sticks with it. Jones, Barrett, Reddish, Williamson, Bolden, DeLaurier, O’Connell, and 2 of Goldwire, White, Vrank, Baker, and Robinson.

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
If UNC beat us 4 times in a season, and that 4th one was for the ship, I don't know what I'd do. I might just have to go on a self imposed exile.
Hahah you’re not alone...I’m curious have we ever even played UNC 4 times in a year ? Or hell the NCAA tournament ?

Hahah you’re not alone...I’m curious have we ever even played UNC 4 times in a year ? Or hell the NCAA tournament ?
I don’t think that we’ve ever played them more than 3 times in a season and to my knowledge, the only time that we even came close to playing them for a 4th time in the same season was in 91 when we played them the usual 2 times during the regular season and in the ACCT Championship game and we would’ve played them in the NCAAT Championship game if they had gotten passed Kansas in the Final Four.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT