ADVERTISEMENT

Florence

I just want to know why so many people run out and buy bread. How much bread is needed for the potential of 3 days at home? Are y'all some kind of toast addicts?
I saw a funny post on Buzzfeed about toast. Along the lines of “who invented toast? Who looked at a piece of bread and was like ‘cook it again.’”

I saw a funny post on Buzzfeed about toast. Along the lines of “who invented toast? Who looked at a piece of bread and was like ‘cook it again.’”

I've alwaya wondered
the same thing about frog legs!! i love em, but who was the first to look at a frog, and think, oh yeah! I'm eating that!!!

I think no one wants to admit they run to the store to get the bread and milk. Everyone says "everyone else" does it.
Kind of like riding a moped. You want to, just don't want anyone seeing you do it.

I might’ve gone earlier in the week for milk and bread........

I think no one wants to admit they run to the store to get the bread and milk. Everyone says "everyone else" does it.
Kind of like riding a moped. You want to, just don't want anyone seeing you do it.
Me and my buddy got drunk rode a moped together for 30+ miles to get to a party...We got there got drunker and on the way back we broke down had to call a ride! Lmao

Has anything been heard from Show and the rest of those in harm's way. Praying they found safe harbor. OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
Why do people go to the store for milk and bread when a storm is looming? Are they gonna eat milk sandwiches??

The milk
Me and my buddy got drunk rode a moped together for 30+ miles to get to a party...We got there got drunker and on the way back we broke down had to call a ride! Lmao

I gotta know......who was riding bit*h???.....,LOL!!!!

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Flooded everywhere here in Lumberton and Pembroke.

The county stores got hit hard by looters so there has been some camping at them. Hope Show is ok.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I hate both you. And yes I was riding Bi!ch! Yes we were Harry and Lloyd. (It wasn’t cold though) lmao. It was dark and very few people saw us. The very few that did were beeping the horn behind us at 12 am..:)

Several backroads here in Durham are flooded, but the geniuses at DPS decided to keep schools open. Both Wake to our East and Orange to our West cancelled, but not us.

Several backroads here in Durham are flooded, but the geniuses at DPS decided to keep schools open. Both Wake to our East and Orange to our West cancelled, but not us.
All the schools around us were closed, but we were on two hour delay o_O

Reactions: PixelDevil

I've alwaya wondered
the same thing about frog legs!! i love em, but who was the first to look at a frog, and think, oh yeah! I'm eating that!!!
I’ve seen both of these posted on Facebook lol

My late mother in law would not eat shrimp. crab legs or lobster because she said they were ugly looking but she loved frog legs and chicken. Go figure that. OFC
My dad won't eat a burger but loves liver.

Reactions: skysdad
I'm here men ! Just got power. Oldasdirt, that pic of me you made....I laughed so hard! Thank you sir because trust me, i needed one. The carnage here is epic. Our condo is trashed, many here lost everything. I've been helping people out of homes that had 7 to 8 ' of water in them along the Newport river. I've seen at LEAST 60 homes with huge pines cut the whole way through the home .I've seen cars swept off our bridges and washed down the river, one guy in a ford F150 hauling a trailer with a cub cadet lawn mower in back went over and completely disappeared. Cherry Point MCAS out in officers country looks like a nuke went off. The giant trees there are splintered into thousands of pieces and crushed tons of cars and homes. It rained here for 10 hours non stop in the most heavy rain you ever imagine. I've never seen rain that heavy that long in any storm. They did 100's of water rescues 3 minutes down the road from my house, people got swept away the water rushed in so fast and they were in the woods clinging to trees and brush trying not to drown in the dark, it was horrible. I'll post more later, so much to do here at home and at work. Thanks for thinking of me and checking on me guys, i love you all like a brother. God bless !

Been waiting to hear from you Show. Thankful you are ok. Thanks for helping out down there. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
So glad to hear you're okay, Show. We know you've got your hands full with all the work that's going on after this. Take care my friend, and God bless you, your family, your neighbors, and everyone affected by this storm.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
I'm here men ! Just got power. Oldasdirt, that pic of me you made....I laughed so hard! Thank you sir because trust me, i needed one. The carnage here is epic. Our condo is trashed, many here lost everything. I've been helping people out of homes that had 7 to 8 ' of water in them along the Newport river. I've seen at LEAST 60 homes with huge pines cut the whole way through the home .I've seen cars swept off our bridges and washed down the river, one guy in a ford F150 hauling a trailer with a cub cadet lawn mower in back went over and completely disappeared. Cherry Point MCAS out in officers country looks like a nuke went off. The giant trees there are splintered into thousands of pieces and crushed tons of cars and homes. It rained here for 10 hours non stop in the most heavy rain you ever imagine. I've never seen rain that heavy that long in any storm. They did 100's of water rescues 3 minutes down the road from my house, people got swept away the water rushed in so fast and they were in the woods clinging to trees and brush trying not to drown in the dark, it was horrible. I'll post more later, so much to do here at home and at work. Thanks for thinking of me and checking on me guys, i love you all like a brother. God bless !

Bout time you checked in!! Glad you are ok, but must be really devastating to some folks with all the damage you described.

Glad to hear you’re safe Show! Glad to hear a bunch of you have been safe! Please keep posting to give updates

Reactions: QC Dukie
Good luck to all. Hope the worst is over. Hope that those who need it receive all the help they need.

I’ve seen a couple of different posts from different weather stations on Facebook in the last little while about Florence possibly reforming into another tropical storm and heading back towards the South East Coast. If it does reform into another tropical storm then it will be renamed Kirk.

What a difference a week makes. So blessed where I live. Some wind and heavy rain. No power out. May all those who lost loved ones and homes be blessed and up lifted. I know it has to be tough so I can't tell you I know how you feel but I can tell you I feel for you. Why does it always take a tragedy to bring people together. I saw so much love for fellow man. I also saw some very sick and mean people who took advantage of this by looting and stealing. Sooner or later karma's gonna get you. So thankful these people are a minority of the human race. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT