ADVERTISEMENT

Florence

QC Dukie

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Apr 16, 2014
Show....looks like The Hurricane is headed your way. Stay safe buddy. Keep us posted this week. Looks like it’s gonna bad here where I live. I can only imagine what it’ll be like on the coast. I suffered through Hugo in the late 80’s. Not fun.

Yep. I’m not happy. Just fired up the generator and made sure she’s ready. Clearing the yard this afternoon of swings, grill, flower pots etc. Got to get prepped early cause I’ll be slammed at work this week getting ready for it.

Going to be fun for NC. The last time we had issues in the mountains was Ivan and Francis back in 04

Yep. I’m not happy. Just fired up the generator and made sure she’s ready. Clearing the yard this afternoon of swings, grill, flower pots etc. Got to get prepped early cause I’ll be slammed at work this week getting ready for it.

Hang tight buddy. Hoping it turns northwest. OFC

Reactions: Showenuff
Be safe Show. If she follows the path that they’re projecting as of now then half to three quarters of the state could see effects from it like when Fran came through back in 1996 but Florence could be even stronger.

Seen a guy on the news this morning say “I done filled up my tank ah gas in case got make run fo it, got in my trunk my ca ca ca coola full of fruits, etc, blah blah” There’s just a small problem with that..ice melts(not a Yeti), and you’re not planning on going anywhere until Friday? Lol god bless his heart! I’m going to my grandmas, she’s got a underground generator. Of course this is no joke and could be devestating, but I try to find a positive, and that’s family bonding during this time, and all that sort of stuff. Hope everybody stays safe in the path.

Last edited:
My prediction is it will go south(more south) and be a category 1. In my experience with how reliable these storm chasers are, I expect the opposite of everything they say. Especially this far out. I’d hate to wish it on someone else, so I’m not pulling for it to do anything but weaken...

Latest predictions say landfall just south of Wilmington. Then who knows. If it takes a similar path to Hugo, we are in for a wild ride here near Charlotte. We got prepared yesterday, so it’s just a wait and see now.

I know this is not going to sit well, but I got this exciting feeling. Anticipation killing me? I don’t know if that’s the exact word I’m looking for . I don’t know. Can’t explain it. I guess my head is kinda full of the few positives (for me) and not weighing the boat load of negatives in this for me and everybody else. I should be thinking about the lives at stake. Well I am, I just, I don’t know. Guess I like storms? I’m crazy. I’m sure when it all happens that feeling will be extinct. Don’t take this the wrong way. I’m in Central Va.

Last edited:
I’m concerned about the rain here! Suppose to rain all week and then the hurricane Friday! Wow In other news my GF has her baby shower on Sunday.. Talk about the luck in that!

I'm so pissed. I was supposed to have some friends come in town this weekend and float the river. That looks like it's not happening. And I don't really have a free weekend outside of this one until mid November with travel soccer games and whatnot.

Greg Fishel just said on WRAL that Florence is 540 miles across from edge to edge and is currently a little over 1200 miles from Raleigh

Reactions: DukeDenver
I borrowed a sump pump from work. Generator next on my list.

Luckily I can just hang out at work if power is out for a while. The whole campus is backed up.

I’m in Hilton Head on vaca and I have bounce tomorrow before 12, two days early. #Weak.

I'm so pissed. I was supposed to have some friends come in town this weekend and float the river. That looks like it's not happening. And I don't really have a free weekend outside of this one until mid November with travel soccer games and whatnot.

/\

Feeling like you might be missing the bigger picture here...?:)

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
Looks like to me with all the technology we’d be able to manipulate the weather by now ;) ...Hey I forget if it was WW2, or WW1, or some war our military was doing something to I think make it rain harder? I think the US signed some kind of peace something to forbid that now. Obviously we don’t want to make it stronger buttt...Can anybody elaborate on this? My history is blurry along with my age;) OFC step up and explain! :)

Looks like to me with all the technology we’d be able to manipulate the weather by now ;) ...Hey I forget if it was WW2, or WW1, or some war our military was doing something to I think make it rain harder? I think the US signed some kind of peace something to forbid that now. Obviously we don’t want to make it stronger buttt...Can anybody elaborate on this? My history is blurry along with my age;) OFC step up and explain! :)
Wasn't it world war Z...and it was rain zombies!:p

I told y’all it’s going south!!! Lmao every prediction on Monday had it staying on course or going north...of course ...It goes south..why I always predict the opposite of these bums .Obviously it could change again and go north! Lmao so I don’t know what to predict now. I’m just on a don’t believe anything they say train until it’s friday...kinda..I should be the damn weather man!

Last edited:
My prediction is it will go south(more south) and be a category 1. In my experience with how reliable these storm chasers are, I expect the opposite of everything they say. Especially this far out. I’d hate to wish it on someone else, so I’m not pulling for it to do anything but weaken...
Pat my self on the back @Dahntay#1

Reactions: Showenuff
Im predicting now a conspiracy...Ain’t no hurricane coming ....this is just about raising gas prices and making money! (Kidding) but I wouldn’t put it past them doin something similar ..y’all know how my mind works.o_O

Last edited:
Im predicting now a conspiracy...Ain’t no hurricane coming ....this is just about raising gas prices and making money! (Kidding) but I wouldn’t put it past them doin something similar ..y’all know how my mind works.o_O

Nobody.......and I mean NOBODY......understands how your mind works!.....LOL!!

As others have said on this board, I certainly wouldn't want to avoid disaster by wishing it on someone else, but I am feeling relieved that we'll be avoiding the brunt of the storm. For all of the new people being affected, stay safe out there.

I just want to know why so many people run out and buy bread. How much bread is needed for the potential of 3 days at home? Are y'all some kind of toast addicts?

Bread, milk, eggs... its like people prepare for a disaster by making breakfast.

I guess the idea is that, at least for bread and eggs, they are relatively non-perishable?

Reactions: Willcampbell
I’d defiantly go with stocking up on the Bush beans..invite K over...play a game or 2 of who dealt it...:rolleyes: he got a hell of a sniffer on him too! I’d put my money on him:D

I just want to know why so many people run out and buy bread. How much bread is needed for the potential of 3 days at home? Are y'all some kind of toast addicts?
stocked up on scotch and cider. can't drink much beer anymore thanks to gout. Dont eat much bread and besides, the damned thing is going way south of High Point ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT