ADVERTISEMENT

First workout of the season

I have a hard time envisioning a scenario where RJ, Cam, and Tre don't each average 30+ MPG. Closer to 35 in competitive games, and 28ish in blowout walkovers. I think Zion is close to accurate, but if he played more MPG I wouldn't be shocked. AOC will push for close to 20, IMO.
I'd like to see White get some time, but I think Jav and Bolden will get most of the big man minutes.
Our two frosh wings are phenomenal, and the exact type of players K loves. Throw in a PG that is basically K's ideal, and I just see a bunch of frosh that play a ton of minutes.

Spot on..we know all 4 freshmen will most likely start and play heavy minutes with Bolden starting at center

We also know Alex will be the 6th man and first guard/wing off the bench, he should also be in late during games with his FT shooting.

Javin should be the first big off the bench playing the 4 with MB and or the 5 with Zion...Jack could get some time at the 3/4 depending on match ups.

Jack seems to bring a lot of really good stuff to the team with an improving shot, will be interesting to see how much Javin has improved his skills over the summer. White could be more valuable on some nights over Jav depending on the match ups. I think Duke will be solid if Goldwire has to play 5-10 minutes here and there as he is a really good defender like Jones and can knock down the open 3 as he showed last year against MSU.

Pretty damn deep at a lot of positions...lets just hope they all stay healthy for once!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
This isn’t Summer Leagus related but I just saw on Facebook that Jabari Parker has signed a 2 year deal with the Chicago Bulls

This isn’t Summer Leagus related but I just saw on Facebook that Jabari Parker has signed a 2 year deal with the Chicago Bulls
2 years 40 million. The Bucks declined matching the offer the Bulls made. I'm happy for Jabari, and this is definitely a "prove it" deal. The next 2 years of Jabari's career could honestly be the difference in him making hundreds of millions of dollars.

2 years 40 million. The Bucks declined matching the offer the Bulls made. I'm happy for Jabari, and this is definitely a "prove it" deal. The next 2 years of Jabari's career could honestly be the difference in him making hundreds of millions of dollars.
Hope he can stay healthy! Injuries have killed Parker.

Reactions: Tlass
Ooooh, Chicago could be a dark horse team this year. Their front court is gonna be TOUGH
Yep. Love the Wendell and Jabari frontcourt. They got Lauri Markanian too, who had a great rookie season. Would love to see the Bulls make some noise in the East, they are still a few years away though.
However, with Lebron gone, a team of 5 DI posters may be able to win the East.

Cue up the Celtics fans................

Yep. Love the Wendell and Jabari frontcourt. They got Lauri Markanian too, who had a great rookie season. Would love to see the Bulls make some noise in the East, they are still a few years away though.

I'm in, but I don't play defense.

Reactions: jwill133
Yeah it’s gonna be fun watching Wendell Carter Jr and Jabari Parker play together

Dark Horse to make the playoffs, but I don't really expect them to win more than 1 round. The front court is talented, but young. And they are good at defense, in theory, but that would be "good a defense for young players" not an unqualified "good at defense."
Beyond that, I don't like their backcourt. Dunn and Levine are OK, with Levine IMO being the weak link. As decent as the front court is at D (excluding Jabari), Levine is a poor defender.

Reactions: dukehokie
Really ready to see how their front court plays out especially if Parker is healthy and gets back to form. A healthy Parker is a starter in your he league.
IMO, a smart move for Chicago because if Parker has a good season a very tradable asset for the bulls.

Really ready to see how their front court plays out especially if Parker is healthy and gets back to form. A healthy Parker is a starter in your he league.
IMO, a smart move for Chicago because if Parker has a good season a very tradable asset for the bulls.

I'd sub in Levine for that. I think they look at Carter, Markennan, and Parker as a long term starting front court. That is a title caliber front court, if the wings and bench are there. Levine is a guy that I just don't see as a quality starter in the league. He'd be fine if he'd stay in his lane, ie attack the rim and shoot 3s. But he sees himself as a high volume shooter, and he's just not good enough for that. Plus, his D is atrocious. And I remain doubtful regarding Dunn as a starting PG. If Parker works out this year, then the front court is set, and the next 3+ years can be spent on getting a backcourt. They'd be peaking at the right time, once the current title contenders (excl the Celts and Sixers) have exited their title windows.

The issue is hey have too many bad defenders. Lavine, Parker and Lauri are very very bad defenders. Should b exciting to see watch though

Reactions: jwill133
The issue is hey have too many bad defenders. Lavine, Parker and Lauri are very very bad defenders. Should b exciting to see watch though
Wendell’s defense was fantastic in summer league, and Kris Dunn is known as a bulldog defender. But yes, the Bulls will fall between 25-30th in terms of defensive efficiency, and that will ultimately be why they don’t make the playoffs.

Wendell’s defense was fantastic in summer league, and Kris Dunn is known as a bulldog defender. But yes, the Bulls will fall between 25-30th in terms of defensive efficiency, and that will ultimately be why they don’t make the playoffs.

Good for them. I wouldn't want to "make the playoffs" unless I was one of about 4-5 teams. Outside of GSW, Houston, LAL, Philly, and the Celts, no team has a chance of winning the title. Thus, it would be better to be in the lottery. They can get a good defending 3pt shooter in the late lottery. Maybe they can move Levine or Dunn for some pieces.

Good for them. I wouldn't want to "make the playoffs" unless I was one of about 4-5 teams. Outside of GSW, Houston, LAL, Philly, and the Celts, no team has a chance of winning the title.
Outside of GSW..no team has a chance of winning the title.
Until the 2019-2020 season when the Lakers and probably Celtics load up.

There, I fixed it for ya.

Outside of GSW..no team has a chance of winning the title.
Until the 2019-2020 season when the Lakers and probably Celtics load up.

There, I fixed it for ya.

A major injury to one of the big 4 at GSW would make them very beatable. If that happened, one of the other teams COULD, not necessarily WOULD beat them. Assuming reasonable health, GSW should win the title, but I listed the others as the only teams that could win even if GSW stumbled. 1 or 2 or even 3 could stumble, somehow. But 1 of the 5 I mentioned will cut down the nets come next summer. It won't be the Bulls. Even if they sneak into the Eastern Playoffs as a 7-8 seed, they cannot win the title. As such, it would be better to miss the playoffs and maybe get lucky in the lottery.

A major injury to one of the big 4 at GSW would make them very beatable. If that happened, one of the other teams COULD, not necessarily WOULD beat them. Assuming reasonable health, GSW should win the title, but I listed the others as the only teams that could win even if GSW stumbled. 1 or 2 or even 3 could stumble, somehow. But 1 of the 5 I mentioned will cut down the nets come next summer. It won't be the Bulls. Even if they sneak into the Eastern Playoffs as a 7-8 seed, they cannot win the title. As such, it would be better to miss the playoffs and maybe get lucky in the lottery.
Agreed. To nitpick, I'd throw the Raptors in there. If Kawhi is 2016 Kawhi again, than I think they are dead-even with Philly and Boston. RJ Barrett would look wonderful in a Bulls jersey though. Next NBA draft is also the first year with the new lottery rules.
I believe the 6 worst teams all get the same odds of the #1 pick?? Meaning a lot of teams should be "tanking for RJ."

Agreed. To nitpick, I'd throw the Raptors in there. If Kawhi is 2016 Kawhi again, than I think they are dead-even with Philly and Boston. RJ Barrett would look wonderful in a Bulls jersey though. Next NBA draft is also the first year with the new lottery rules.
I believe the 6 worst teams all get the same odds of the #1 pick?? Meaning a lot of teams should be "tanking for RJ."

I won't say you are wrong, but I'll have to see the Raps in action first. DeRozan wasn't the only problem. But they have some decent pieces. Like I said, I await proof. But they could be one of the top 6, and I almost listed them. Too many unknowns for them right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT