ADVERTISEMENT

First workout of the season

Does Alex have a fro? The team looks they are coming together and enjoying it.

Bolden actually smiled for more then a second lol

The middle school team I coach began summer workouts 7/2, Duke began 7/4. Seems my staff is more dedicated this year!

Reactions: Quavarius
Grayson said last year that Jack could really shoot but didn't have the confidence to show it in games.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Man to be 285 and to jump like that... that kid is insane.

Grayson said last year that Jack could really shoot but didn't have the confidence to show it in games.

I think Jack really could be better than he shows. He always rebounds solid, was one of our better defenders in the zone (seldom out of position) and communicates well. If he was knocking 'em down in practice I'm really not surprised. Jack seems a bit to me like the Marty Pocious type, a very capable offensive player yet careful because he knows hes on a short leash from K if he makes a mistake or two.

OFC

I think Jack really could be better than he shows. He always rebounds solid, was one of our better defenders in the zone (seldom out of position) and communicates well. If he was knocking 'em down in practice I'm really not surprised. Jack seems a bit to me like the Marty Pocious type, a very capable offensive player yet careful because he knows hes on a short leash from K if he makes a mistake or two.

OFC

THIS...Jack made something like a ridiculous 87% of his 250 3 balls.

6'7 220...strong rebounder/defender/talks on D/has leadership qualities/smart unselfish team player- if he can come in and hit the 3 ball and be a "3 and D" bench guy for Duke that would be huge. Hopefully K uses the bench some this season :) we know the studs will be in the majority of the time and winning time but I'll be interested to see how K uses his very talented bench this season-Alex/Jav/Jack/Goldwire/Vrank/JROB/Baker (who I also read did one of the tops in the shooting test as well. Young talent but damn our bench as some true potential this season

THIS...Jack made something like a ridiculous 87% of his 250 3 balls.

6'7 220...strong rebounder/defender/talks on D/has leadership qualities/smart unselfish team player- if he can come in and hit the 3 ball and be a "3 and D" bench guy for Duke that would be huge. Hopefully K uses the bench some this season :) we know the studs will be in the majority of the time and winning time but I'll be interested to see how K uses his very talented bench this season-Alex/Jav/Jack/Goldwire/Vrank/JROB/Baker (who I also read did one of the tops in the shooting test as well. Young talent but damn our bench as some true potential this season
All Jack needs is for Coach to show some confidence in him by leaving him in for an extended run, even when he makes a mistake or two.

Thanks Denver- Spot on sir! OFC
I think the following would provide a healthy spread through 8-10 games (not including any big matchups where we might want to ride 6 guys the whole way), then adjust minutes from there:
RJ 31
Tre 31
Cam 27
Zion 26
Bolden 23
Jav 20
AOC 16
Vrank 11
White 7
Goldwire 4
Baker 3
JRob 1

I think the following would provide a healthy spread through 8-10 games (not including any big matchups where we might want to ride 6 guys the whole way), then adjust minutes from there:
RJ 31
Tre 31
Cam 27
Zion 26
Bolden 23
Jav 20
AOC 16
Vrank 11
White 7
Goldwire 4
Baker 3
JRob 1

Sure... tho I might trim a few minutes from Jav and Vrank and give them to Zion and AOC.

Damn, we do have talent. No way K plays everyone.

Better chemistry, leadership seems to be identified, and good mix of players.

The coaching staff of Nate, Nolan, Jon and Chris seems to be a great asset for this group. No offense to Jeff or others, but this is a more collective unit. Three won National Championships, 4 went to the FF. They understand winning and chemistry...especially roles.

RJ 31
Tre 31
Cam 27
Zion 26
Bolden 23
Jav 20
AOC 16
Vrank 11
White 7
Goldwire 4
Baker 3
JRob 1

I have a hard time envisioning a scenario where RJ, Cam, and Tre don't each average 30+ MPG. Closer to 35 in competitive games, and 28ish in blowout walkovers. I think Zion is close to accurate, but if he played more MPG I wouldn't be shocked. AOC will push for close to 20, IMO.
I'd like to see White get some time, but I think Jav and Bolden will get most of the big man minutes.
Our two frosh wings are phenomenal, and the exact type of players K loves. Throw in a PG that is basically K's ideal, and I just see a bunch of frosh that play a ton of minutes.

Reactions: jamsession3
He’s actually 282 now. Love Zion but he needs to get that down , it will hinder him late in games and during the game at times, I’m sure they are telling him this as well. Getting to 250 would be perfect and get him even more faster and athletic, will also put less pressure on his feet and knees

Man that’s unreal how that dude is jumping that high at 270 pounds.

You must be young but when I was younger that guy was Charles Barkley.

That is ridiculous. I'm not sure I've ever heard legend of a dude built like Zion being able to jump like that let alone ever actually having seen anything like it.

He’s actually 282 now. Love Zion but he needs to get that down , it will hinder him late in games and during the game at times, I’m sure they are telling him this as well. Getting to 250 would be perfect and get him even more faster and athletic, will also put less pressure on his feet and knees

Too many people forget how big Barkley was in college and NBA. Zion will lose weight just through conditioning, practice and playing those intense games.

That’s what everyone hopes (including me) but he’s shown that it isn’t that easily with how he has actually gained weight without working out. Used to play basketball with his father back in 2002 and weight will be a issue with him likely forever (dad played college football). Just playing intense game and conditioning doesn’t do it for everyone especially for those who are naturally big, diet and eating right is the real key for those and that’s likely going to be key for him.

And Barkley was great but could have been even better if he was in better shape. Sometimes that can separate a All conference player from stopping there or becoming a AllAmerican. My college and pro coach in Germany used to tell me that when I was younger and I wished I would have listened then because you leave a little bit on the table as far as accomplishments when you don’t tighten up your diet even if you are a elite player

Too many people forget how big Barkley was in college and NBA. Zion will lose weight just through conditioning, practice and playing those intense games.

That’s what everyone hopes (including me) but he’s shown that it isn’t that easily with how he has actually gained weight without working out. Used to play basketball with his father back in 2002 and weight will be a issue with him likely forever (dad played college football). Just playing intense game and conditioning doesn’t do it for everyone especially for those who are naturally big, diet and eating right is the real key for those and that’s likely going to be key for him.

And Barkley was great but could have been even better if he was in better shape. Sometimes that can separate a All conference player from stopping there or becoming a AllAmerican. My college and pro coach in Germany used to tell me that when I was younger and I wished I would have listened then because you leave a little bit on the table as far as accomplishments when you don’t tighten up your diet even if you are a elite player

Excellent points

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT