ADVERTISEMENT

Final Report on UNC Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude I actually felt better after reading this article from Ed Hardin. He tends to tilt lite blue, but something tells me he expects them to get hit pretty hard. (Or maybe he didnt talk to Bilas).

http://www.greensboro.com/sports/ac...cle_e11cc438-abf0-591e-af01-7c967137450b.html

OFC
I noticed an interesting fact in the article but after doing some research it’s not adding up. It said that the NCAA will announce the results of the infraction committee one day after UNC celebrates its 224th birthday but according to Wikipedia UNCheat was established in 1789 and first admitted students in 1795. 1789 was 228 years ago and 1795 was 222 years. Whoever edits UNCheat’s Wikipedia page must’ve gotten their education at UNCheat lol

I noticed an interesting fact in the article but after doing some research it’s not adding up. It said that the NCAA will announce the results of the infraction committee one day after UNC celebrates its 224th birthday but according to Wikipedia UNCheat was established in 1789 and first admitted students in 1795. 1789 was 228 years ago and 1795 was 222 years. Whoever edits UNCheat’s Wikipedia page must’ve gotten their education at UNCheat lol
AFAM math

This report will be one of the final blows, whether the school is forced to vacate wins, seasons or championships, whether it’s forced to endure postseason bans, probations or fines. And only then will we know if the school has learned anything at all from all of this.

You get the impression that it hasn’t. One the eve of what might be the worst day in the school’s long and proud athletics history, you can imagine its lawyers are already girding for an appeal. If not a trial.

The day of reckoning has arrived. But in many ways, this sad saga will never end.

They gained a title ( should hang a banner for their lawyers ) but they lost some things that matter to the Tarhole Nation and all the wristslaps in the world won't change that. The carolina way is absolute trash and exposed as the lie it's always been. Their icon , Deano , has been shown to be quite a bit less than the paragon of virtue they've always said he was. Roy? Fuuuggghhhedddaboudit.Cheated at KU and cheated at unx too. They went from "the carolina way" to "everybody does it" virtually overnight. Sure , they'll probably skate tomorrow but they're also OJ. All they have over rival fans is the obnoxious arrogance of having gotten away with it and , well , they've always had that...scandal or not. They can play it off all they want but if ya actually KNOW any unx fans you've seen first-hand how it digs at 'em whenever the subject is broached. No more "We don't cheat." No more "carolina way." No more "Dean did this Dean did that." And damn-sure no more , "Roy didn't know." They're forever linked with all those schools ( the U , tOSU , Southern Cal , SMU , etc ) the used to look down their noses at. "Cheaters." Is what it is.

They gained a title ( should hang a banner for their lawyers ) but they lost some things that matter to the Tarhole Nation and all the wristslaps in the world won't change that. The carolina way is absolute trash and exposed as the lie it's always been. Their icon , Deano , has been shown to be quite a bit less than the paragon of virtue they've always said he was. Roy? Fuuuggghhhedddaboudit.Cheated at KU and cheated at unx too. They went from "the carolina way" to "everybody does it" virtually overnight. Sure , they'll probably skate tomorrow but they're also OJ. All they have over rival fans is the obnoxious arrogance of having gotten away with it and , well , they've always had that...scandal or not. They can play it off all they want but if ya actually KNOW any unx fans you've seen first-hand how it digs at 'em whenever the subject is broached. No more "We don't cheat." No more "carolina way." No more "Dean did this Dean did that." And damn-sure no more , "Roy didn't know." They're forever linked with all those schools ( the U , tOSU , Southern Cal , SMU , etc ) the used to look down their noses at. "Cheaters." Is what it is.

Good post and something tells me if unc does skate on this thing the whole program will be shunned. OFC

I still can’t believe anything will really happen to them, but maybe that’s just me being my cynical-self. Some posters that I tend to find pretty “plugged-in” at IC are shaking in their boots. Whether or not that’s them being cynical like me, only opposite, I don’t know? I guess we’ll finally find out tomorrow.

I think we're both on the same page on this, DJ. I, on the one hand, can't see how the NCAA can let the Heels skate without serious repercussions...BUT...UNC has used every trick in the book to delay, obfuscate, or downright lie about the scandal, and even though I'm usually an optimistic person, the pessimism in me is afraid that they're going to cheat their way out of any serious sanctions. I hope not, but until I see otherwise, that's the way I feel.

Oh, an another thing, if the NCAA hammers 'em, they'll just appeal, drag it out, whatever for the next 20 years. I don't believe they'll ever accept anything but a clean bill of health because that is what the Carolina Way really is about...whatever it takes.

OFC

Bilas is absolutely sickening. Why does that guy always find it so necessary to take up for the Holes?? Good God he is such an A hole.

Jay Bilas
@JayBilas
"After all these years, released same day as Late Night with Roy where an NCAA title banner is raised. You just can’t make this $&@% up..." https://twitter.com/insidecarolina/status/918487101846556675 …

11:34 AM - Oct 12, 2017
Someone should tell Jay that Carolina already got their one, free stay last Friday. plus continual delays, foot dragging, and obfuscations. As a lawyer he should understand that. The law has no duty to adjust things to make your life easier

Reactions: hart2chesson
Reactions: hart2chesson
Someone should tell Jay that Carolina already got their one, free stay last Friday. plus continual delays, foot dragging, and obfuscations. As a lawyer he should understand that. The law has no duty to adjust things to make your life easier

UNC pushed it.

Jay is a total douchebag.

Bilas is absolutely sickening. Why does that guy always find it so necessary to take up for the Holes?? Good God he is such an A hole.

Jay Bilas
@JayBilas
"After all these years, released same day as Late Night with Roy where an NCAA title banner is raised. You just can’t make this $&@% up..." https://twitter.com/insidecarolina/status/918487101846556675 …

11:34 AM - Oct 12, 2017

Agree on your sentiments and others above KP regarding the Charlotte lawyer and John Skipper minion. Glad to know others let him know:

OFC

I think we're both on the same page on this, DJ. I, on the one hand, can't see how the NCAA can let the Heels skate without serious repercussions...BUT...UNC has used every trick in the book to delay, obfuscate, or downright lie about the scandal, and even though I'm usually an optimistic person, the pessimism in me is afraid that they're going to cheat their way out of any serious sanctions. I hope not, but until I see otherwise, that's the way I feel.

Oh, an another thing, if the NCAA hammers 'em, they'll just appeal, drag it out, whatever for the next 20 years. I don't believe they'll ever accept anything but a clean bill of health because that is what the Carolina Way really is about...whatever it takes.

OFC
Agree but if they drag it out their is program will start to slip.The last so years have been an anomaly as they have been able to keep five star top fifteen recruits for multiple years.Theyare not recruiting at nearly that level now.Little again is an outlier who after the fallout may not ever be eligible to play.Of course all of this will be moot if the NCAA allows them to slide

The meltdown has already begun. I created an account and checked in. Imajericho is about to jump off a bridge. This could be good. He's asking everyone to not engage any of the trolls that come over. Some of them are saying the word is they are getting hit hard. Get your popcorn ready.

Hoping this is a Friday the 13th that will live in infamy for that campus and their fans.

Pisgah they are thinking it's bad over there.......so idk.

Okay. On the. Aim board two guys posted one said he's hearing scorched earth and another is hearing complete skate. I totally expect nothing but in a little hopeful

Reactions: DukeDenver
You guys are going to have a huge let down I'm afraid. As for the last two years being an anomaly, that's just ridiculous. As much crap as we give Roy he's a pretty damn good coach despite who you route for. You can only let your homerism go so far. I love seeing UNC fail and poking fun about it but sometimes you just have to give a team/coach their props even if it is the rival.

You guys are going to have a huge let down I'm afraid. As for the last two years being an anomaly, that's just ridiculous. As much crap as we give Roy he's a pretty damn good coach despite who you route for. You can only let your homerism go so far. I love seeing UNC fail and poking fun about it but sometimes you just have to give a team/coach their props even if it is the rival.
Where are they getting the players to replace the five star talent they are losing?After this year Berry is gone,Pinson is gone.Does Platek replace him?Roy is a great coach but no coach can be as successful as he has been recently with out talent

He may be a decent coach, but his players deserve some credit too (not course credit necessarily). As for let down, I won't mope if they escape formal punishment. Those fake classes were planned and happened. They were in place for the bball and football teams. That's just cheating any way you slice it. Whole departments don't just offer paper classes just for fun. It was a backdoor that allowed top athletes to focus on sports 100%. Other teams didn't have that luxury. Those wins are bogus. Not even their own fans believe Roy was unaware of the backdoor.

Where are they getting the players to replace the five star talent they are losing?After this year Berry is gone,Pinson is gone.Does Platek replace him?Roy is a great coach but no coach can be as successful as he has been recently with out talent

When they skate today the talent and transfers will be rolling in for them. They same thing was said about UNC when Johnson and Paige left. We didn't give them a chance the last two years and they went far both times. While they had talent it wasn't normal UNC talent like when Roy first came.

and Harvey Weinstein was a great film producer.

BREAKING: The NCAA has dealt UNC's basketball program severe punishment for academic fraud, designates Jerry Tipton as its new beat writer.

Jerry Tipton is a Kentucky beat writer, so who knows what info he could've heard...I'm praying 'severe' means no more 2005 Title but I doubt it

Nothing on his twitter
W63qgiO.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT