ADVERTISEMENT

Final Report on UNC Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I'm guessing it'll be as stern as the last one. The board leader in optimosm is pessimistic on this, haha.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Here's the gist of what I expect to be in the final report:

4805e161-e086-44dc-88d3-4cd9d7fad816_text_hi.gif

Announcement of a Friday at noon, same week as a National tragedy, and having the FBI scandal all feels like prime time to sweep it all under the rug.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Announcement of a Friday at noon, same week as a National tragedy, and having the FBI scandal all feels like prime time to sweep it all under the rug.
Alternatively, if the penalty is strict, they could be rushing to show they are still relevant. Compared with the FBI, the NCAA is looking pretty toothless about now. Hammering UNC might be the fix they need.

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
Most of them are saying it is going to be bad...some say really bad. But they also say they will eventually win in court.
Sort of funny that it's all gloom and doom over there, expecting the worst - while it's also gloom and doom over here, expecting only token punishment.

Sort of funny that it's all gloom and doom over there, expecting the worst - while it's also gloom and doom over here, expecting only token punishment.

I suppose both sides are emotionally hedging. It's easier to prepare for mentally if you expect the worse case scenario - it's not a shock anymore if you sort of resign your feelings to just accept a bad outcome.

The fact that they just got their biggest recruit in years makes me believe this is a slap on the wrist.

What I think SHOULD happen
1) 2-3 vacated Titles
2) lots of vacated wins
3) loss of scholarships for 2-4 years
4) recruiting restrictions
5) Roy suspended (not sure how long I think he should be suspended for)
6) 2-3 year postseason ban

I doubt that’s what happens though

If it was favorable for unx why not release it asap? Or if it IS favorable , I can see unx stringing it out to get maximum attention for when the wristslap is delivered. “See world?! We’re clean! So there!” Who knows?

How can scheduling conflict affect an an announcement by the NCAA
Heres how, unc wants to get nassir little 100 percent committed and the basketball world comfortable that he will definitely be a tar heel and this will also allow people to forget that little and parents were possibly involved in payola. They just needed more time and that made for a scheduling conflict.

Last edited:
1) 2-3 vacated Titles
2) lots of vacated wins

Given the pervasiveness , egregiousness and duration of this scam , unx’s penalties ( if any ) should include all of that...at least. They won’t but should.

If the NCAA does not do much of anything, they are more or less saying other schools can do the same thing and nothing will happen. That would be a self castration on the NCAA's part. That said, nothing will happen to a major school like UNC. Louisville is not on the same level as UNC and probably never will be so if this were Louisville, it would be different. Louisville, as John Rambo said in First Blood part 2..... is "Expendable."

1) 2-3 vacated Titles
2) lots of vacated wins

That would be nice. Not to sound negative but of the 6 thing you listed I see none of them happening. In fact when this is all over unc fans will be like a cocky rooster. Too much power, money and influence from that place but you know we all will know what happened. That's why it's so important to keep discussing it. They may very well get out of this without even a slap on the wrist but never forget. OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Still can’t figure out how the whole mess ended up being about only the academic issues. Of course that would be enough to nuke most schools

Yea, that's what I'm figuring ,bout 2 weeks after the NCAA final round.

Looks like we've put this off again, got some big fundraisers coming up this weekend ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT