ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow Braves Fans.....

Albies is back from his broken foot. He played the entire game. As others have noted here, Acuna plays better when his friend, Albies, is playing. Acuna hit the game-winning HR in the bottom of the eighth

Braves are one game back of the mets. Both teams have 18 games remaining

Reactions: hart2chesson
Albies is back from his broken foot. He played the entire game. As others have noted here, Acuna plays better when his friend, Albies, is playing. Acuna hit the game-winning HR in the bottom of the eighth

Braves are one game back of the mets. Both teams have 18 games remaining
ged this race is NOT for the OLD like me, and FAINT OF HEART, also like myself! OFC

I was wrong again. Mets are 91-55. Braves are 89-55. Mets only have 16 games remaining. Braves are slight underdogs tonight. Odorrizi facing Nola. I don't know more than the headlines. I wonder why the Braves don't pitch Bryce Elder. He seems to my eyes a little better than Odorrizi

Albies broke his right pinky tonight sliding into second base. Curses!!!

Acuna saved the day with a great play with the bases loaded in the 5th against Harper. As I type, Harper doubles to start the eighth

Congratulations to Snitker and Odorrizi. Great job by the pitcher but he ran out of gas. Snitker didn't try to give him 5 innings and a possible win. Bravo!

Last edited:
Braves win 4-3!!! Mets win also . Braves are 2:1 favorites on Sunday with Strider pitching. Mets are 5:1 favorites with deGrom facing the Pirates. I don't ever recall a 5:1 favorite in baseball!

Braves win 4-3!!! Mets win also . Braves are 2:1 favorites on Sunday with Strider pitching. Mets are 5:1 favorites with deGrom facing the Pirates. I don't ever recall a 5:1 favorite in baseball!
All your posts were great and informative ged. Snit did a good job working his bullpen, and Acuna's catch was a gamesaver!

OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
Ozzie can't catch a break. We're approaching the butthole puckering part of the season, where my anxiety intensifies throughout the duration.

Ozzie can't catch a break. We're approaching the butthole puckering part of the season, where my anxiety intensifies throughout the duration.
Agree on both statements bleed. Just glad we swept the Phils. Honestly was just hoping to win two of three. Sweep keeps us One back of the Mets- two weeks of regular season to go. Gotta love these Braves! OFC

Olson is disappointing. Struck out in the third with one out and men on first and third. Then committed a fielding error in the fourth
We need him to start hitting like his PRE All-Star break self. If this happens, and Grissom fills in adequately for Ozzie I think we can have a chance to go all the way.Pitching of course plays a huge role.

BTW, the Mets actually play a decent team tonite. They are at Milwaukee, and the Brewers are only two games behind for final wild card slot. We need to take care of biz at home vs Nats, and pull for Brew Crew!

OFC

Watching Monday night football times two . Keeping up with the Braves . 4-2 Braves after five. Hopefully Wright gets win # 19. Check the Mets score. Scherzer off the DL and winning 3-0. Scherzer has a perfect game after 5 innings. Only 54 pitches. 8 strikeouts. Good grief!!

• Sad
Watching Monday night football times two . Keeping up with the Braves . 4-2 Braves after five. Hopefully Wright gets win # 19. Check the Mets score. Scherzer off the DL and winning 3-0. Scherzer has a perfect game after 5 innings. Only 54 pitches. 8 strikeouts. Good grief!!
Mets pulling away at 5-zip now unfortunately.Braves now up at 4-2 after six... OFC

Mets took no chances with Scherzer for the playoffs. First game back, six innings... no runs, no hits , no walks. Brilliant! Kyle Wright will get win #19 if the Braves hold on. Wright has never pitched this many innings. Nor Strider. Braves recalled Bryce Elder. I wonder how Ian Anderson is feeling.

Mets took no chances with Scherzer for the playoffs. First game back, six innings... no runs, no hits , no walks. Brilliant! Kyle Wright will get win #19 if the Braves hold on. Wright has never pitched this many innings. Nor Strider. Braves recalled Bryce Elder. I wonder how Ian Anderson is feeling.
I am really glad we recalled Elder. A lot of upside there. Yeah Scherzer was Scherzer last nite.Kyle Wright has saved our butts a lot this year it seems.He is the most under the radar 19 game winner in quite some time.Kudos to the young man for a fantastic year.Braves remain one game back.

OFC

Apparently Money Mike shouldn’t win rookie of the year based on “he’s an everyday player”and Spencer Strider only plays 1-5 because “it doesn’t make any sense” followed by…..not making sense of it. Can somebody try to make sense of that ? I can’t. . Mfs just talk out their ass I tell you. Basically it’s an EQUALITY rant and YOU don’t make sense lmao SBNATION

Apparently Money Mike shouldn’t win rookie of the year based on “he’s an everyday player”and Spencer Strider only plays 1-5 because “it doesn’t make any sense” followed by…..not making sense of it. Can somebody try to make sense of that ? I can’t. . Mfs just talk out their ass I tell you. Basically it’s an EQUALITY rant and YOU don’t make sense lmao SBNATION
Co-ROY

Strider will miss his next start with oblique soreness. No doubt!! You throw 100mph with that tight delivery. Incredible core strength. I would give ROY to Strider.

Grissom finally made a mistake tonight. Rushed a double play and sailed the ball into left field scoring a run and putting men on 2nd and 3rd. McHugh wiggled off the hook

Braves lead 3-1 in the ninth but Jansen has put men on first and second with no outs and being visited by the trainer

Braves win 3-2! Jansen gave up a run, loaded the bases and the final out was a blast to the center field warning track

Aaron Judge hits HR #60 as part of a five run ninth and Yankees beat the Pirates 9-8. Judge now leads the league in average, HRs and RBIs

Last edited:
Jansen becoming Will Smith II??? Awful shaky out there, but we held on. Mets coming back on Brewers was a bummer.

Currently Braves lead Nats 2-1 in 5th, Mets/Brewers again play today as well Another chance to tie for the lead today as we still entered play one back. Bryce Elder has looked good on hill for Atlanta.

OFC

Menessis (sp?) is their only good hitter. 30 year old rookie tearing the cover off the ball and gave the Nats a 3-2 lead with a HR

Menessis (sp?) is their only good hitter. 30 year old rookie tearing the cover off the ball and gave the Nats a 3-2 lead with a HR

And it ended the way @geddoughton23 described unfortunately, a 3-2 loss to the lowly Nats. However the Mets did lose to the Brewers.Yep, still one game back.

Braves better forget the L in a hurry-4 straight at Philly starting tonight. Mets are off today before a 3 game set at Oakland starts tomorrow. OFC

Very dumb baseball tonight from the Phillies and Braves. They swing for the fences with the wind blowing in at 25 mph. 1-0 phillies in the 8th

And so it continues.... Again no hitting, and tonite no pitching as Phillies rock Braves 9-1. Mets are about to go two and a half games up as they are whipping A's. Braves look content just to get a wildcard spot. Its become discouraging.

OFC

Last edited:
The Braves' only chance for the division title is to sweep the Mets. I was hoping that they would give Ian Anderson one more shot. He's been bad at AAA so I understand, but he has poise. He has a tremendous playoffs record

Fried looked bad the other night. His fastball was topping out at 91 and he had no command of the curve ball

Fried looked bad the other night. His fastball was topping out at 91 and he had no command of the curve ball
I agree. Has he lost his confidence? He's been a little inconsistent by Fried standards of late.

Per hitting, Olsen has totally regressed and become a non-factor. Hoping he recovers, but his confidence AND BATTING AVERAGE have plummeted.

OFC

Kyle Wright gets the win . 20-5 record! Congratulations! Mets lose. I'm almost positive that deGrom takes the loss. Braves are limping home. It all comes down to next weekend hosting the mets. Strider is on the DL. Still a glimmer of hope!

Kyle Wright gets the win . 20-5 record! Congratulations! Mets lose. I'm almost positive that deGrom takes the loss. Braves are limping home. It all comes down to next weekend hosting the mets. Strider is on the DL. Still a glimmer of hope!
A tiny ray of hope!!!! Wow, Strider, Jackson, Soroka, Acuna, Albies, etc, etc.....Acuna COULD make it back next week, Strider the playoffs....Does Snit have a plan??? REALLY HAPPY for Kyle Wright!!!

OFC

Perhaps Harris just won Rookie of the Year. Huge hits by Acuna off the bench and Harris with his. 900 ops to give the Braves an 8-6 lead in the 11th

Great win 8-7 in eleven. I don't trust Jackson Stephens, but he earned the win! Two innings. 20 strikes out of 25 pitches in two innings. The Michael Harris insurance hit allowed him to throw strikes in the eleventh after saving the tenth with strikeouts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT