ADVERTISEMENT

F.Y.I.

Starting today the smoking of marijuana is now legal in Canada Coast to Coast.Man you folks thought we were a friendly bunch before!! I can see us now,at Christmas,standing around the Cannabis tree singing Cannabis carols!:p
Was just talking to Hart, and he was talking about visiting Canada, and how nice it was this time of the year. Now I know.

Even less reason to visit Canada

Yes, of course... why would we want to visit a place with friendly, well-educated people, wonderful cooking, beautiful outdoors, and now the ability to smoke a joint in peace after a long hike while looking at the sun set over the mountains...?

latest

Geeze, you lot are sure contentious today. Relax, I love Canadia, I don't like weed. Did that KY troll rile you guys up too much or something?

Good for Canada. Whether you smoke or not, you should support government staying the hell out of what you want to do in your own home. You can argue the merits of alloying it in public, but it is asinine for the feds to think they should have some say with individuals choosing to grow and consume in their own home. Treat it like alcohol and tobacco. Come down hard on folks who give it minors. Leave responsible adults alone.
Unfortunately the issue is pushed as a financial one in the US - lets legalize it and then tax it. B.S. Lets legalize it because freedom.
I don't smoke - and I don't want Jeff Sessions telling me I can't.
(any more than I want him telling me how many and what type of guns I can have, or who I can marry, or how I spend my money)

Good for Canada. Whether you smoke or not, you should support government staying the hell out of what you want to do in your own home. You can argue the merits of alloying it in public, but it is asinine for the feds to think they should have some say with individuals choosing to grow and consume in their own home. Treat it like alcohol and tobacco. Come down hard on folks who give it minors. Leave responsible adults alone.
Unfortunately the issue is pushed as a financial one in the US - lets legalize it and then tax it. B.S. Lets legalize it because freedom.
I don't smoke - and I don't want Jeff Sessions telling me I can't.
(any more than I want him telling me how many and what type of guns I can have, or who I can marry, or how I spend my money)

I agree. I don't smoke either. But I do drink. I don't see a huge difference between the two when it comes to one being legal and one not. Also, in my observation, people who have been smoking have better control over themselves than people who have had too much to drink.

“““The govt will never leave you alone .....always taking my money!!!! Giving it to people who keep having kids! They can’t afford the first one, but yet got 3 or 4. They get free food, free eye care, free dental, free damn health, free everything! While I gotta pay for my Sh!T, and pay for their Sh!t too! I want somebody to tell me how In the F that’s fair! When I turn 50 I’m done! I’m done helping MFs. I did it the first 50 years. The 2nd 50 years I’m taking care of me! If you don’t like this yesterday was hump day get the F over it !”””

I agree. I don't smoke either. But I do drink. I don't see a huge difference between the two when it comes to one being legal and one not. Also, in my observation, people who have been smoking have better control over themselves than people who have had too much to drink.

Ah c'mon DukeKy, you dont really believe we think you occassionally pop a cold one or two now really???? "Burp, excuse me DukeKy, I started a little early this morning!"

OFC

Reactions: DukefanKY
Was just talking to Hart, and he was talking about visiting Canada, and how nice it was this time of the year. Now I know.

Yeah I usually fly up to chill out before Duke-tar hole games.....We could make it a group thing, "joint session." :confused: OFC

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
good for canada. i dont smoke but realize how absurd some of our laws are. tax the hell out of it and get another revenue stream. brilliant
100 Million a year is what our Government is looking to rake in for taxes.our population is 37 Million,can you imagine the tax revenue the U.S. would generate with 10 times that many people!

Last edited:
“““The govt will never leave you alone .....always taking my money!!!! Giving it to people who keep having kids! They can’t afford the first one, but yet got 3 or 4. They get free food, free eye care, free dental, free damn health, free everything! While I gotta pay for my Sh!T, and pay for their Sh!t too! I want somebody to tell me how In the F that’s fair! When I turn 50 I’m done! I’m done helping MFs. I did it the first 50 years. The 2nd 50 years I’m taking care of me! If you don’t like this yesterday was hump day get the F over it !”””

Aside from the typical IPSYCHOSIS stuff (why is everything triple quoted? Are you quoting someone who was quoting someone? And what on earth does this have to do with weed?) that's a lot to take in. Personally, I'm lucky enough to be financially secure, and I'm fine helping less fortunate Americans with essentials like food and medical care. This isn't a third world country where so many people are struggling for basic survival. In a nation where nearly everyone has an iPhone and a giant TV I think being charitable and kind when it comes to essentials like food and health care is what Christ would expect, and is the right thing to do.

Anyway... have you ever read an IPSYCHOSIS post... ON WEED???

Aside from the typical IPSYCHOSIS stuff (why is everything triple quoted? Are you quoting someone who was quoting someone? And what on earth does this have to do with weed?) that's a lot to take in. Personally, I'm lucky enough to be financially secure, and I'm fine helping less fortunate Americans with essentials like food and medical care. This isn't a third world country where so many people are struggling for basic survival. In a nation where nearly everyone has an iPhone and a giant TV I think being charitable and kind when it comes to essentials like food and health care is what Christ would expect, and is the right thing to do.

Anyway... have you ever read an IPSYCHOSIS post... ON WEED???
Keep smoking it lmao

I paid for my tv, and iPhone, and theirs most likely lmao.... If you only knew how many people I know that take full advantage of the government and your hard earned money while you work your as$ off and they sit on their as$ you would feel a little different .... Hell they got nicer stuff then me. Nice cars . Nice house. toys. Never lift a finger and work......You like giving your money away . I don’t . :) It be a little different if it was going over to starving people in another country .....This country it goes to people that don’t deserve it for a variety of different reasons.... And they end up living better then you all while doing nothing!

Last edited:
I paid for my tv, and iPhone, and theirs most likely lmao.... If you only knew how many people I know that take full advantage of the government and your hard earned money while you work your as$ off and they sit on their as$ you would feel a little different .... Hell they got nicer stuff then me. Nice cars . Nice house. toys. Never lift a finger and work......You like giving your money away . I don’t . :) It be a little different if it was going over to starving people in another country .....This country it goes to people that don’t deserve it for a variety of different reasons.... And they end up living better then you all while doing nothing!

No, you are not buying anyones iPhone or big TVs. No, most people on welfare or who get food stamps are not living better than you are (unless you really live poorly... not sure what you do for a living, or how good you are at managing your money and the like.) No, that sort of stuff doesn't only go to Americans who don't deserve it for a variety of reasons... the vast majority of people who get help are children, and the majority of Americans who get assistance also have jobs.

I suggest you educate yourself a bit about your fellow Americans, rather than just going with the overly emotional blame-filled rants.

https://www.thoughtco.com/who-really-receives-welfare-4126592

Jeez. Anyway... back to canadian weed.

No, you are not buying anyones iPhone or big TVs. No, most people on welfare or who get food stamps are not living better than you are (unless you really live poorly... not sure what you do for a living, or how good you are at managing your money and the like.) No, that sort of stuff doesn't only go to Americans who don't deserve it for a variety of reasons... the vast majority of people who get help are children, and the majority of Americans who get assistance also have jobs.

I suggest you educate yourself a bit about your fellow Americans, rather than just going with the overly emotional blame-filled rants.

https://www.thoughtco.com/who-really-receives-welfare-4126592

Jeez. Anyway... back to canadian weed.
I suggest you educate yourself and look up what ( “”) means btw.. obviously it didn’t get through to your pot kettled head ;)

Last edited:
I don’t know about the TVs, but I do know we are paying for phones. I had an issue with my phone bill a while back. The lady started going over it with me and we came to a US service fund charge. I asked what that was. She said it’s to buy phones for people who “can’t afford” them. I asked her to remove that charge from my bill. She said she couldn’t because it was the law. She said a former president created that, saying everyone deserves a smartphone.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Can I personally deliver my money to those in need is the ? ......All I see is people getting it that don’t deserve it... It’s become the norm around here to pop out a few kids, sit on your ass, and get paid. Lmao

I don’t know about the TVs, but I do know we are paying for phones. I had an issue with my phone bill a while back. The lady started going over it with me and we came to a US service fund charge. I asked what that was. She said it’s to buy phones for people who “can’t afford” them. I asked her to remove that charge from my bill. She said she couldn’t because it was the law. She said a former president created that, saying everyone deserves a smartphone.
Are you serious ?

Can I personally deliver my money to those in need is the ? ......All I see is people getting it that don’t deserve it... It’s become the norm around here to pop out a few kids, sit on your ass, and get paid. Lmao
Wow.

QC, your phone rep lied to you. It is NOT a law that they have to charge you that; it is their policy. It IS true a former President started this program (it is called Lifeline); his name was Ronald Reagan. It is NOT true that everyone gets a smart phone.

Phone companies give a tiny portion of their profits to the federal government for a program started by Reagan that ensures all Americans have phone (not necessarily cell phone, but PHONE) access, in case of emergency... for example, calling 911 if someone is hurt or if there is a fire. This fund is then used to help reduce the costs of maintaining a phone line for impoverished Americans.

This seems like a reasonable move, given that we all benefit from this; if I am mugged, I want everyone else to be able to get help. If I get in a car accident, I want everyone else to be able to get help.

Some large companies then decided that they didn't want to suffer to provide for this program, so they created extra fees. These fees (much like cancellation fees and a bevy of other money-making fees) are not required by law; this is a decision made by individual capitalist companies who want to ensure max profitability.

Again, I suggest people educate themselves about things, especially things that sound SO obviously fake, like "The government is making sure every poor person has an iPhone, and I am paying for it!" Come on, anyone with any common sense should immediately be suspicious of that, and should investigate.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/phone-home/

Dude1, I'm pretty sure he's not saying EVERYBODY, but he is talking bout people wrongly taking advantage of the system, your tone seems to indicate that doesn't happen a lot, if you really believe that, well, I'll just be nice and call you dumb. Maybe it is YOU who needs to investigate whats going on out there, like getting tons of help from every government program known to man, getting money from every church in the neighborhood and rolling around in their brand new Range Rover and TRYING to text on their brand new Iphone with those extra long new nails on. Can't pretend it doesn't piss me off while i'm out there working my ass off either.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
They come in to pay the electric bill, ask for a 3rd extension cause they have no money, then they get told it's getting cut off today, then they thumb through the 100's and pay cash. GTFO.

Dude1, I'm pretty sure he's not saying EVERYBODY, but he is talking bout people wrongly taking advantage of the system, your tone seems to indicate that doesn't happen a lot, if you really believe that, well, I'll just be nice and call you dumb. Maybe it is YOU who needs to investigate whats going on out there, like getting tons of help from every government program known to man, getting money from every church in the neighborhood and rolling around in their brand new Range Rover and TRYING to text on their brand new Iphone with those extra long new nails on. Can't pretend it doesn't piss me off while i'm out there working my ass off either.

I'm definitely not dumb. Don't worry. Not a lot of dumb folks actually go to Duke.

Are there people who take advantage of EVERY SYSTEM ON EARTH? Of course; it is human nature. And the most egregious of these will, of course, be infuriating.

But this ridiculous narrative that some people cling to, that all the Americans who rely on our various systems designed to help Americans in need are instead some giant sponge class of users just popping out babies and living large while the rest of us work hard is nonsense. This is supported by every piece of data, by every fact, that is out there. And invariably the people who post these nonsensical stories struggle to understand that... and they NEVER have any actual real data to support their take. It's all just emotional kneejerk stuff.

I find in the end it comes down to people who actually have some faith in their fellow Americans and who understand that most people are just like them... working hard for their family, doing their best... and this is supported by fact...

... and people who believe they are special, they are the ones who work hard, and anyone who needs help is invariably less than they are, and who believe that a personal anecdote they heard tells the TRUE story.

Last edited:
I always find it funny when people throw out they can't be dumb, because they went to Duke. Where you attended college doesn't land a flying shit to whats going on in the real world and actually makes it worse when you defend those scenarios. Now don't try to twist this into I don't have faith in my fellow man and all that crap. I love this country to my core. And I love people. But that doesn't mean we can't call out a turd or two. Don't be so quick to defend the wrong stuff, it's ugly , but it's out there man.

BTW, you know things are pretty ****ed up when people are fine with IPsychs rambling nonsensical babble about how we buy big screen tvs for poor people who all live better than he does (I won't even get into the fact that, judging from the way he types, he may indeed struggle to make a decent living) and yet, when I post pretty simple information, along with a link to help out, THAT'S what brings out the attacks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT