ADVERTISEMENT

Exhibition vs Lincoln

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
We get some live game action today at 1pm on accnx (not sure how to watch that) go duke!

*figured out how to watch it! I’ll update while I can watch but going to a pumpkin patch so will miss most of it live

Last edited:
Water Day Loop GIF by Pi-Slices

Hard to gleam too much from playing a division 2 team but it looks like everyone played well and 10 guys played at least 10 minutes. Proctor playing well is a great sign and he, Kon and Cooper were our leading scorers. Evans with 10 points in 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Hard to gleam too much from playing a division 2 team but it looks like everyone played well and 10 guys played at least 10 minutes. Proctor playing well is a great sign and he, Kon and Cooper were our leading scorers. Evans with 10 points in 10 minutes.
They were the CIAA champs and they hung in as long as they were able but man can this team go easily nine deep.
Defense is the key. It’s so scary at the defense potential of this team. As the season progresses I hate to be the opponent .

They were the CIAA champs and they hung in as long as they were able but man can this team go easily nine deep.
Defense is the key. It’s so scary at the defense potential of this team. As the season progresses I hate to be the opponent .
The rotations are so important. 9 to 10 depending on the opponents. As much as I love Kon and Flagg playing together, I see the need for either Maliq or Gillis to be on the floor when they are playing.

Just watched the highlights and a few things stuck out.
Damn, Cooper is smooth. I like Flip and Mitchell, but after 2 years of watching their awkward moves this is a thing of beauty. The dunks were nice, but that catch and turn 10 footer was perfection. He just went right up and scored. Plus his 3 point shot looked good. Him and Kon's fundamentals are a coach's dream.
Kon's stroke is so pure. Not only that, his Grayson like posterizing dunk probably got the scout's attention. (even more)
It was nice seeing guys like Sion and Gillis make the extra pass. It is hard to find role players these days. Brown knows how to finish. We got assertive Proctor today; we need that consistently for this team to make a deep run.

Just watched the highlights and a few things stuck out.
Damn, Cooper is smooth. I like Flip and Mitchell, but after 2 years of watching their awkward moves this is a thing of beauty. The dunks were nice, but that catch and turn 10 footer was perfection. He just went right up and scored. Plus his 3 point shot looked good. Him and Kon's fundamentals are a coach's dream.
Kon's stroke is so pure. Not only that, his Grayson like posterizing dunk probably got the scout's attention. (even more)
It was nice seeing guys like Sion and Gillis make the extra pass. It is hard to find role players these days. Brown knows how to finish. We got assertive Proctor today; we need that consistently for this team to make a deep run.
It’s a division 2 team . While I won’t say this was anything more than a tune up. The real show all will be on the 27 as far as where this team will go moving forward . Teams will cover Kon harder especially against division one talent . On to the next exhibition.

How does this year's team match up with last year's team? Last year's team was rated in the top 10 preseason, struggled a bit, but made the Elite Eight.
Center :Flip/Young vs Mal/Brown tie (maybe advantage this year but we shall see)
PF: Cooper/Gillis vs Mitchell/Stewart-big advantage Cooper
SF: Kon/Evans vs McCain/Power even. Maybe advantage Kon but too early to tell.
SG: Roach/ vs Foster/Sion advantage Foster/Sion
PG: Proctor/Blakes vs. Proctor/Harris -even
Advantage this year's team, although last year's team had more returning players.

Last edited:
I wouldn't exactly say I'm worried, but I am wondering where minutes will be available for Evans.

He's not someone I want to see get dissatisfied with his PT over the year and enter the portal. We're light years from anything like that and I understand that, I suppose I'm just hypersensitive given the state of the game overall.

How does this year's team match up with last year's team? Last year's team was rated in the top 10 preseason, struggled a bit, but made the Elite Eight.
Center :Flip/Young vs Mal/Brown tie (maybe advantage this year but we shall see)
Advantage this year's team, although last year's team had more returning players.
I think the overall selfless play of this team is a huge advantage for this team. So many times they made the extra pass, whereas last year there was a lot of dribbling and one-on-one play. Our outside shooting looks vastly improved as well. Last year McCain was the only reliable shooter - this team has several. And I love having a tall tree in the paint - as Mal adjusts to high level college ball and gets a little better at positioning, look out. I’m thinking he can be an even better version of Williams and Lively by year end. Tons of upside for this team.

I don’t think the center spot is comparable. Flip/Young ( Flip struggled man on man in the post ). I say slight edge to Mal/ Brown given their defensive awareness and put back skills. Not to mention lob threats .

Pg spot looks like it will be Proctor/Foster/Sion. Don’t really see Harris at the pg spot .

SF is any of the four we have on the roster. Kon/Harris/Evans . I don’t think any are where we will see them defensively say come January.
Duke just has a lot of options at the one to three spot. It’s up to the coaching staff to see how each player fits. I think there will be a different starting line up against Arizona St.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT