ADVERTISEMENT

Duval

WI#1Dukie22

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 17, 2008
There was much chatter about this kid coming in..... more good then questions but I can't say enough how impressed I am! We all knew Bball wise he would be elite but early indications show he is an even bette teammate!! Loving everything I'm seeing out of our PG! True leader, true floor general! Dynamic ball handler. Future is bright with the keys in his hands

There was much chatter about this kid coming in..... more good then questions but I can't say enough how impressed I am! We all knew Bball wise he would be elite but early indications show he is an even bette teammate!! Loving everything I'm seeing out of our PG! True leader, true floor general! Dynamic ball handler. Future is bright with the keys in his hands
Think he will give Berry fits when we play them

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Duval is special, like Dukiejay said, and as Duke Denver said maybe playing the best at the point in all of college so far. His shot will get a little better as the season goes, but he doesn't necessarily have to become a good shooter for this team to excel. He doesn't have to be Tyus, and lord we don't want him to be like Kyrie. No, right in between is ideal. He is a true point, we have plenty of scorers. Keep distributing the ball, driving to the basket, and take the open shot if wide open.

Duval if he can learn to shoot at least respectable, and i think he will. Will be a Westbrook like player. I think calling him a poor mans westbrook is potentially the floor. He’s got that ability.

He will hit some shots soon. I think he's that kid that once he see's a good shooting night it will stick. But still , he's an amazing asset to our team. his defense is damn good. His athleticism is unmatched. His passing is off the hook , maybe to good, some of our guys aren't ready for it. My GOD that pass to Javin was magical although Jav missed the layup. Anybody remember that one? It was SWEET. His one hand pushes back to a player really pulls the other team out of sync. And if you haven't noticed yet, he's strong and solid as hell. When he gets crashed into he usually gets the better of it. tough ass kid. He will pull off some amazing stuff before he's gone.

Reactions: topps coach
His form is fine, you won't mistake it for dre dawkins, but there is no mechanical reasons why it can't improve with time and practice. He's a mentally tough kid. I think He'll get out of his own why, and it will improve dramatically!

He will hit some shots soon. I think he's that kid that once he see's a good shooting night it will stick. But still , he's an amazing asset to our team. his defense is damn good. His athleticism is unmatched. His passing is off the hook , maybe to good, some of our guys aren't ready for it. My GOD that pass to Javin was magical although Jav missed the layup. Anybody remember that one? It was SWEET. His one hand pushes back to a player really pulls the other team out of sync. And if you haven't noticed yet, he's strong and solid as hell. When he gets crashed into he usually gets the better of it. tough ass kid. He will pull off some amazing stuff before he's gone.
Don't know if we ever see him become a good shooter during his one year at Duke,however I think he can give us something we have not had in a long time That is the ability to stop dribble penetration.I for one look forward to him breaking Gary's heart when he makes Joel Berry's life miserable

Don't know if we ever see him become a good shooter during his one year at Duke,however I think he can give us something we have not had in a long time That is the ability to stop dribble penetration.I for one look forward to him breaking Gary's heart when he makes Joel Berry's life miserable

Yeah, I don’t think he’ll ever be a good shooter this season, either. But we don’t need him to be. He might have a few games where he hits a couple 3’s, but I don’t see it being consistent enough.

I've been waiting for Duke to have a pg like Duval for awhile. There's just something about the hyper athletic 1s that I just love to watch. Throw in his ability to create and defend and he's just what this team needs. I also don't think it's too much of a stretch that he could end up hitting 35%-40% of wide open threes once he gets a dozen or so games under his belt.

And that pass to O'Connell as well!

Reactions: Showenuff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT