ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs VT football

BlackKnightNut

Cameron Crazy
May 13, 2007
What do we think gents? Duke looking much better after the Bama game, albeit against much weaker competition. I like Harris and how he's played.

VT has not exactly looked like a powerhouse so far, but we often have very tough games with them. We can win, but we need to execute for four quarters.

Duke should win going away. This Tech team is really having some issues and it starts with personnel and talent. I’ve been to a few booster dinners and Fuente and Babcock felt this way about this team going in. They knew it’d be a tough season.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Biggest game of the year so far. Get the lead early, put the D on them all night and show no mercy because they never showed mercy to Duke. OFC

Duke should win going away. This Tech team is really having some issues and it starts with personnel and talent. I’ve been to a few booster dinners and Fuente and Babcock felt this way about this team going in. They knew it’d be a tough season.

Virginia Tech had had issues going back to last season. Going into the game at Wallace Wade Duke was 4-0 and Tech was coming off a loss to Old Dominion by two touchdowns. They totally dominated the Blue Devils.

As Sky said it is huge game for the Blue Devils. Lose this one and it will be very unlikely we can get enough wins to get to a bowl with the difficulty of our remaining schedule.

Bud Foster is still there and he is a bad man,

Virginia Tech had had issues going back to last season. Going into the game at Wallace Wade Duke was 4-0 and Tech was coming off a loss to Old Dominion by two touchdowns. They totally dominated the Blue Devils.

As Sky said it is huge game for the Blue Devils. Lose this one and it will be very unlikely we can get enough wins to get to a bowl with the difficulty of our remaining schedule.

Yes exactly. The outcome is never guaranteed, they always give us fits regardless of how why’re doing. Sincerely hope we win though.

For some reason Vegas still has VT as a solid favorite. We have laid an egg each time we play a big game like this. I hope and feel that Duke can turn it around but it starts with the offensive line opening some holes and keeping the defense off the field. I see a 21-17 type game.

Reactions: PixelDevil
I see Duke winning and Quinten Harris doing something Daniel Jones did not: Beating Va Tech or UVA.....DJ, great as he was, was 0-6 in three years vs both.... OFC

Reactions: skysdad

Bud is great and has been an amazing coach and ambassador. I just think this group is a bit more inexperienced on D. The game is in Blacksburg so it won’t be easy, but I think Duke can absolutely get the win.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Ok gang lets get our prediction shoes on! Vegas has Va Tech as a 2.5 pt favorite, which is almost a 5 point drop from start of week. Obviously in Blacksburg in a nite game on national tv this is going to be tough!

However this isnt your vintage Hokie squad. They lost at BC who was bombed by Kansas, and have only two close wins against lesser teams.True, Duke's two wins were against mediocre opponents, but the Blue Devils have played the best competition (Bama) of either school. This will help Duke!

Quinten Harris is confident at qb, and we will be at full strength offensively with our projected best receiver Jake Bobo back from a broken collarbone. Brittain Brown (RB) is also expected to play. I see us giving up no more than 17-21 points, and the offense has enough firepower to rattle even the almighty Hokie DC Bud Foster. Duke 27-21.

Its our 2nd national tv appearance in 4 games. Kickoff is scheduled for 7pm on ESPN HD.

OFC

Reactions: Dukeman
I see Duke winning and Quinten Harris doing something Daniel Jones did not: Beating Va Tech or UVA.....DJ, great as he was, was 0-6 in three years vs both.... OFC
Kind of unfairly puts the blame squarely on DJ's shoulders for all 6 losses. I know that in one of the UVA games, he had 6 interceptions, so blame if fair there. Why is he solely responsible for the other 5, rather than coaching, poor defense, etc.?

Kind of unfairly puts the blame squarely on DJ's shoulders for all 6 losses. I know that in one of the UVA games, he had 6 interceptions, so blame if fair there. Why is he solely responsible for the other 5, rather than coaching, poor defense, etc.?
You came to that conclusion after reading Hart’s post? I only see it as a factual statement, and surely didn’t read him blaming the 6 losses on Jones.

Reactions: hart2chesson
You came to that conclusion after reading Hart’s post? I only see it as a factual statement, and surely didn’t read him blaming the 6 losses on Jones.

Thanks Mac, appreciate the support. You're exactly right. Just meant as a statement of fact, and obviously didnt help our chances of winning the Coastal. Daniel never beat Pitt either-again just factual statement, not intentionally throwing shade at a great player I am obviously VERY PROUD of.....

Too bad the poster took it as BLAME. I never pinned the losses on DJ, it is simply Quinten has something to really shoot for in that regard....OFC

At least we didn't allow but a FG. Now maybe we can get a little better field position.
OFC

The offense does not look good at all. Better hope the defense can stop the silly penalties and continue to play well.
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT