ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Personally, I think tonight's game is the biggest of the year to this point. I know, I know Carolina - that's special for other reasons. For this team, it's confidence and jockeying for position and seeding. We need a strong, conference road win against a ranked opponent to prove we are back among the elite and can challenge for a national championship.

If we can get this score into the 70's, we win. If this score is 60-54, Virginia is going to win. Contrasting styles, contrasting teams. Virginia is a very good basketball team but we've some nice wins over them the last few years.

Tonight's game is slated for a 9pm est tip and will air on ESPN2 HD.

Duke 72

Virginia 67

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke is more than capable of winning this game if everyone steps up tonight but its certainly will not be a cakewalk. UVA will be really amped simply because its Duke and they lost there last game to VT.

Duke 75
UVA 68

Reactions: Mac9192
Huge game for Duke and Virginia likes to slop things up a bit. It's going to be a good one. Duke holds on for the win!

Duke: 67
UVA: 62

Let's Go Duke!!

Reactions: Mac9192
That D will be tough tonight but we can do this if our 3 stays hot. Very proud of our turnaround no matter what this outcome is. GO DUKE !

Play really good d, and put pressure on their offense. Speed them up. Statement game boys. Win

I think UVA wins not so much because they lost to VA TECH, but because they're still butthurt over the way they lost here last year....Still I look for us to play em tough, but fall, 68-62.....

OFC

I think UVA wins not so much because they lost to VA TECH, but because they're still butthurt over the way they lost here last year....Still I look for us to play em tough, but fall, 68-62.....

OFC
Hart, how could you? Say it ain't so!!!

Hart, how could you? Say it ain't so!!!
Mac that betting line is a bit high to me. I figured Cavs would come 2.5 or 3pt fave. I figure most of money goes on our boys and the dang guys in Vegas clean up. Sure hope I am wrong and we beat em straight up my friend!

OFC

Mac that betting line is a bit high to me. I figured Cavs would come 2.5 or 3pt fave. I figure most of money goes on our boys and the dang guys in Vegas clean up. Sure hope I am wrong and we beat em straight up my friend!

OFC
Ok pal. You had me worried there for a moment. Just making sure your heart is where it should be. Haha

Reactions: hart2chesson
Please Lord come out of crapville tonight with a win devils

I got a good feeling tonight we come to play for 40 minutes

I can't listen to these preppy ignorant arrogant pricks around here all year

JUST WIN BABY!!!!

I have no idea about this game. We looked good against ND on the road and good at home against UNC. But bad at home vs Pitt and Clemson. If we want to say we've gotten better and for me to feel like we can make the Final Four, we need to win this game. But I have no idea. None. No outcome would surprise me. I'll say Duke wins, but only because I want them to.

Duke 70
UVA 66

I want to see this team lay a smack down on somebody and get some major mojo flowing, unfortunately I don't see Virginia letting it be them. Should be a tight game throughout, and low scoring. Just win please!!!

Reactions: Dad2ze
every good team we have had has a statement game and this is it !! I have a good feeling about this game . The way the game is called is huge . If they allow freedom of movement like they are supposed to we win but if they allow mucking up it will be a dogfight .
Go Devils !!!

Reactions: Dukesince90
Definitely think it will be a close game. I don't really see it being a game of spurts like it was against UNC. I'll say that we pull it out late though.

Duke by two from Luke.

Been waiting on my granddaughter to arrive since after the UNC game she can come any day now told my son they had to wait until after eleven tonight, lol

Last year we beat them by getting down the floor quickly on offense. We have the lineup to do that again. Let's keep up the FT shooting as well.

Reactions: skysdad
This is going to be a tough one to win. And part of the equation is how close to 100% is Grayson's ankle. Is it 70, 80, or 90%? Going to need big games out of him, and at least one or the other of Luke or Jayson (preferably both). Have to make fts (if and when we get them), and keep turnovers to a minimum. Oh, and stay out of serious foul trouble.

Duke 76
UVA 74

OVC

I was Vegas a few years ago and had a guy tell me working that lines. Never trust the line until about an hour before tip-off. He said anything can happen and News can break in your favor, kinda like the news about Hicks the other night. I still feel good about us tonight. We find a way and win.

Duke - 79
UVa - 68

If we're putting up points, we'll win. If we get into a defensive battle with UVA then we'll lose. With that said, hopefully our guys light it up tonight early!

Coach Bennett has some of the same qualities as a young Coach K. UVA has some of the same qualities as Duke. For these reasons, this game means something. It's a measuring moment. I think the fires will be lit on both sides. Usually that means defense has the advantage. I like our chances of scoring over a fired up defense, going one on one mostly. Tatum, Grayson and Luke know how get buckets against a pack line defense. UVA has a few guards, namely Perrantes, that can get buckets individually, but their not as good at it as we are. For this to pan out in our favor, we have to match their defensive intensity and not give away too many fouls early. So it comes down to Duke's defense, IMO.

Duke 72
UVA 68

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT