ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SDSU OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

SDSU was primarily trying to stop Zion. Leaving others open. With him out we’ll see who is open.

Good chance we don’t see Zion or Cam the rest of this half. Nice opportunity for others here. Foul trouble is going to be a concern at time this season....face it head-on now.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Just can't seem to put them away. Maybe it's just getting used to being in Maui. OFC

This is one of the better defensive teams we will face all season. They’re strong in that area and physical. Not sure they can score with us, though.

Here’s to hoping we don’t start settling for jumpers. Stick with the plan and attack.

I'm alright with settling for threes!

Reactions: skysdad
The 3 point shooting of this team has been such a pleasant surprise. The work RJ has been putting in is really showing. Zion is at least respectable there, Cam is a marksman, and we have other threats elsewhere.

They tried to slow it down. Didn’t think we played great. Zion has 1 basket. 37 duke players have at least two fouls and they still almost scored 50 and are leading by 17. Amazing.

This team continues to impress me. Zion, didn't play very much, yet Duke still marched on. We had foul trouble, and Duke marched on. The Devils didn't ever appear to get frustrated, or tried to go to much one on one. This is a team of freshmen, but play far better than their limited college experience would dictate. We have an excellent 'team'.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
They tried to slow it down. Didn’t think we played great. Zion has 1 basket. 37 duke players have at least two fouls and they still almost scored 50 and are leading by 17. Amazing.

Quit exaggerating. Only 11 players have two fouls....and two of the team manager’s.

They are sagging off and packing it in as much as possible. With their long bodies it is going to be tough to get to the rim. With that said we can’t just pass it around the perimeter, we must attach and then kick. Taking a lot of 3’s is fine as long as they are quality 3’s. That mid range jumper from RJ is lethal if he can make it consistently.

Refs really calling too many little fouls that don’t matter both ways. Don’t like seeing this but Duke hitting shots so just hurting SDSU st this point.

Barrett & Zion may be BETTER players, but i'll be damned if Cam isn't the smoothest operator on this team. His handling is next level.

I can certainly see where people think he coasts sometimes. It’s not that he’s necessarily coasting....it’s that he’s that smooth.

This is a pretty fun team.

Reactions: Quavarius
We need about a 40 point lead because we might only have 5 eligible players to finish the game. . If we could hit free throws we would have that 40 point lead now. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT