ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SDSU OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Outside of conference tourney week and the NCAA tournament, as a college basketball fan, none is better than Feast Week. Having the opportunity to watch college basketball from lunch time until 1am can't be beat.

What a great year for us to be back in the Maui Invite. I'm excited about the field and excited about today's matchup.

The Aztecs enter today's game with a 2-0 record having beaten Arkansas Pine Bluff and Texas Southern. Both games haven't been close, but weren't expected to be.

Brian Dutcher is in his second year as the head coach at SDSU after he took the reigns from long time head coach, Steve Fisher. Dutcher is no rookie to college basketball having spent many years with Fisher both in Michigan and then of course in San Diego.

The Aztecs will again be paced by their defense. Always known as a team that likes to grind it out, it'll be an interesting matchup with the high-flying, uptempo pace we like to play.

I think we get this one by double-digits but better make sure we don't look past San Diego State. As we all know, Coach K puts a heavy emphasis on these preseason tournaments because he's always felt like it's the only chance, until conference tournament week, to prepare your team for the rigors of a one-and-done format (I know this is double elim but we aren't playing for the consolation prize).

Today's game is slated for a 5pm est tip and will air on ESPN2 HD. I think it's going to be more of the same from this Duke team today. As long as we stay healthy and out of foul trouble, absolutely no team in the country can throw the talent out on the floor each night like we can.

Duke 86

San Diego State 71

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we might be in for a tight game. Hopefully, our guys can get out in transition and put the hurt on them quickly. Go Duke!

Duke 82
SDSU 74

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Duke 90
SSSU 74

On a side note. I have Dish Network and when I checked the program guide it showed that the game is scheduled for 4:30pm EST

Depending on how much the bench plays I think Duke wins by at least 22.

Duke — 101
SDSU — 69

The journey to win our sixth Maui Invitational starts today! I think Duke wins comfortably today!

Duke: 94
SDSU: 78

Let’s go Duke!!

I think we look a bit out of sorts first half, pull it together in the second. Duke by 16.

Duke 90
SSSU 74

On a side note. I have Dish Network and when I checked the program guide it showed that the game is scheduled for 4:30pm EST
Yea I’m not sure about that either. I was watching the Virginia Tech/Purdue game last night and it said our game would be at 4:30 and then it also said 5:00 so I’m not sure either.

Mother****er, literally the longest week of work of the year. Won't get to watch any the games live.

Duke wins 90-70 but the margin of victory is a bit deceiving. Duke was in control the entire game, Coach K decided not to play anyone more than 25 minutes to keep bodies fresh, and took his foot off the pedal. Game was never in doubt after the under 12 minute 1st half media timeout.

Mother****er, literally the longest week of work of the year. Won't get to watch any the games live.
People we are staying with only have one tv and she works 7pm-7am so she will be sleeping during the games. So I will either have to set up a tv at my house or go somewhere to watch them. Pros and cons to early games.

Duke 82 SDST 69, but we're in control most of the game. If we glue Tre and Jordan onto their senior leader Devin Watson, we can shut down their offense completely. If we frustrate Watson, we'll get turnovers and easy buckets. They can shoot 3's as a team pretty well according to their season stats, RJ, Cam and Zion need to be alert out there. I'd actually love to see us go small most of the game. I'm not sure Bolden gives us much of an advantage here.

Duke 90
SSSU 74

The game prior to Duke is at 2:30pm EST. We will start 30 minutes after that one is complete. So 5pm is the best bet.

I think Duke covers and wins 78-62. SDSU will do everything they can to slow us down. It will work somewhat, but they will have tough time scoring enough to keep up.

I agree with Show. I think it's close in the first half and then the last 12 min we hit the burners.

Duke 93
SDSU 69

Hopefully Cam is good to go. If we start out hot from 3 point line, I think we blow them out. If not 1st half may be tight, and we pull away late!!!
OFC

SDSU, turns the ball over quite a bit. Watson averaged 3 in his two games so far. They turned it over last year too. They’ll turn it over again today.

Duke - 92
SDSU - 69

Duke 88
SDSU 70

Game is uglier than the score indicates. We go up 25+ but rest our starters the last 6-8 minutes.
Stay rested and avoid injuries.

Reactions: jcdevilfan
SD State might be able to stay in this one early due to their defense, but sooner or later they will make a mistake, and that in itself is a mistake!
Duke will win going away, and hopefully the starters get some rest for tomorrow.
Go Duke!
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT