ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

8 games left in the season. Just getting shocked by a terrible team (St. John's beating Nova doesn't make it any better) and Coach K saying he was disgusted by the play. This will be a new Duke team, a team that is capable of making the St. Johns game the last loss of the season.

Duke 83
UNC 70

I hope we can rebound from the poor Saturday and play Duke Basketball. I just do not know which team will show up. Hopefully it is the team that listens to K and is bought in. Lets Go Duke

Reactions: hart2chesson
It"s a Duke win. By a wide margin - +15

Duke 88
UNC 73

From this past week's jaunt to NYC, Coach K's heart-warming motivational speeches, non-critical analysis, and nurturing practices provide the kind of positive incentive to get the job done.

Duke 83
Unc 74

I know its at the Dean Dome but the last line I saw was Duke at -1. I will take that bet all day. I feel we cover that one point spread and pull out the win over the last 7 minutes of the game.

Reactions: hart2chesson
We know it won't be a problem with "want to" from either team, but we need this game. The Holes have no chance at a title, and if we expect to, the time is here for everyone to get it. There's no one on our team that has been great, they all have issues.
We need Grayson to get his head right, Duval too. Also Bagley, Carter and Trent need to quit being out of place defensively. Tired of watching us look like a fire drill, and sick of Grayson not being aggressive.
Like a broken record, the talent is here. We have size and athletic ability. Now the basketball IQ needs to get there. Tonight. And stay.

Wow line went from Duke -2 to UNC -2 in like an hour.

Duke by a lot tonight.

We've been waiting for the light to turn on for this team all season. We've shown the talent of a national championship winner this season, but not the consistency of one. With how much season we have left, it has to happen soon or it's not going to happen at all. Hopefully tonight is the start of that run.

I'm nervous, and don't have a clue. Someone tell me it'll be ok.

Nobody has a clue my friend, but I can tell you that no matter what happens, IT'S GONNA BE OK!
Both teams are struggling right now, the Holes need this one real bad, and they are at home, but after spending this week with "K" after the debacle last game, I like Duke to find a way to get this one and find "themselves".
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
UNC will need to shoot it well tonight. They do that, and there's a good chance they beat us. I posted this in another thread, as well, and I know we rag on Maye a lot, but if the Heels use screen-and-rolls and try to pick-and-pop with Maye and he's on....it could be a longer night. Neither Wendell or Marvin are very good perimeter defenders.

It's like with us in some of our 'down' years against the Heels....we made the three-ball our great equalizer. And you know what it did? It won us a few we weren't expected to get.

UNC will need to shoot it well tonight. They do that, and there's a good chance they beat us. I posted this in another thread, as well, and I know we rag on Maye a lot, but if the Heels use screen-and-rolls and try to pick-and-pop with Maye and he's on....it could be a longer night. Neither Wendell or Marvin are very good perimeter defenders.

It's like with us in some of our 'down' years against the Heels....we made the three-ball our great equalizer. And you know what it did? It won us a few we weren't expected to get.
This is spot on. The fact that we have won 3 of 5 in the last 2 years against the Heels is amazing. I'm guessing the only game we were favored in would have been last years home game, if that??

I feel much more comfortable going into tonight, than I have in any of the last 5 games.

This is spot on. The fact that we have won 3 of 5 in the last 2 years against the Heels is amazing. I'm guessing the only game we were favored in would have been last years home game, if that??

I feel much more comfortable going into tonight, than I have in any of the last 5 games.

Last year at home we were favored. The ACCT game was a pick'em, IIRC. But yes, in the other three we were underdogs.

As for tonight, I'm not 'as' confident as I was last year, but I'm feeling a lot better than the two games two years ago.

If we can limit them to just a handful of 3's, I think we will win going away....12 plus points.

I'm kind of with Show on this. We lose tonight, but win a close one in CIS.

I think if we shoot any sort of reasonable percentage from 3 we win by 8-10. Bagley and Carter will get there put-backs all night long. It would be ideal if Berry didn't go off for 40 tonight.

Duke 88
UNC 79

Come on Grayson, show us what you got!

Alan

In their win against us last year, Joel Berry had one of the better games of his career. He shot 9-14 from the field (5-5 from 3) and only 1 assist. I think for them to beat us, Berry has to score 30+ points and do a lot of that damage from behind the line. That, or we have to completely go away from our bigs and take deep, contested shots. Otherwise, I don't see how this game is close.

What ever happened to the Duke Blue Planet videos? They used to make the best hype videos before these games.

Unfortunately I think we lose this one. I see no way we lose on senior night but I don't know if our youth will be ready for this one tonight. The only way I think we pull this one out is if Grayson goes off for 25+. Really hope I am wrong of course.

UNC 86
Duke 81

I heard that T.V.Teddy will be officiating the game tonight. I wonder if he and joel berry will make out at half court during warm ups? OFC

If Grayson shows up I think we win by 8-10...I will believe it when I see it(meaning Grayson showing up).

If Grayson don't show up then I think we get beat

Grayson you are the key tonight...ready to show up buddy?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT