ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MICHIGAN STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
One of my favorite games of the year, every year, is the ACC/BIG 10 Challenge. I wish we didn't play the same three teams over and over again, but I enjoy it none the less.

After a 3-3 start to the season in which MSU played almost no defense, they got a decent win on Friday in the Battle for Atlantis over Wichita State. You know any Coach Izzo isn't going to let his team be down for long. He's one of the best in the business...

With that, I expect a fight tonight. We know we aren't going to see any of the freshman and we're pretty banged up otherwise. In the end, we don't lose at home to non-conference teams and it won't start tonight.

Game is slated for a 9:30pm est tip and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 79

Michigan State 74

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: DukeDenver
Michigan State not a very tall team due to injuries. Duke wins I think by double digits.

Duke:81
Michigan State:69

Let's Go Duke!!

We handle them on the boards tonight.

Duke 79
Sparty 72

OFC

I think that Miles Bridges is the only potential match up problem for Duke. Aside from that, Duke has better players across the board. Duke takes it at Cameron.

Duke: 77
MSU: 65

I don't think it will always be pretty, but I expect about an 8-10 point win tonight.

Duke 82
Michigan St. 73

Bridges is definitely a tough matchup fo Duke. Hopefully Jones can slow him a bit, because I feel that is a likely match-up.

Any word on Grayson's health?

I LOVE 930P TIP OFFS!

Summer of 2015, kid at MSU hoops camp asked Izzo if he hates Duke. Izzo said no b/c he's friends with K but was heard muttering on the walk out "I am sick & tired of losing to Duke".

Duke - 77
MSU - 72

I've bought tickets to three Duke games in my life.

First, in 2011, for the Elite Eight in Anaheim. They lost the game before to UofA (yes, that game) and I had to watch UConn/UofA instead.
Second, in 2012, when UNC came into Cameron. It wasn't pretty.
Third, in 2016, to see Izzo vs Coach K in Cameron (also because my wife of 3 months went to MSU). Our three prized freshmen get hurt and can't make the game.

Time to break the curse! Duke > MSU in a close one tonight.

If not, I'm selling my Final Four tickets.
I don't like you lol

First, in 2011, for the Elite Eight in Anaheim. They lost the game before to UofA (yes, that game) and I had to watch UConn/UofA instead.
Third, in 2016, to see Izzo vs Coach K in Cameron (also because my wife of 3 months went to MSU). Our three prized freshmen get hurt and can't make the game.

Stay away

Reactions: nickris
Bridges has to go off in order for the Spartans to hang in my opinion.

I'll say Duke 81-68.

Good luck tonight. If we lose, I think you need to go ahead and take one for the team and sell those tickets ASAP.

I like us in this one...no matter whose playing.

You are not allowed to attend any more games!

@sgrooms you have a lot riding on this one. Haha.

They don't defend as great as they typically do and they give up a decent 3pt percentage. What they do well is control the clock and rebound (though they have been outrebounded twice, Gulf Coast and Baylor). They are also a really good three point shooting team. Duke defends the three very well this season (though the last two games they gave up 34% and 37% respectively). So whoever wins that matchup can dictate the game.

This is going to be a big game for Tony. He might put up double digit rebounds tonight. Same with Amile. Who guards Bridges isn't necessarily the issue if we can rebound. He's so damn active that he could single start MSU runs or end Duke runs.

Grayson will cut his toe off to play if he has to a la Ronnie Lott. We win this one big.

Duke - 83
Mich. St. - 67

One of my favorite games of the year, every year, is the ACC/BIG 10 Challenge. I wish we didn't play the same three teams over and over again, but I enjoy it none the less.

After a 3-3 start to the season in which MSU played almost no defense, they got a decent win on Friday in the Battle for Atlantis over Wichita State. You know any Coach Izzo isn't going to let his team be down for long. He's one of the best in the business...

With that, I expect a fight tonight. We know we aren't going to see any of the freshman and we're pretty banged up otherwise. In the end, we don't lose at home to non-conference teams and it won't start tonight.

Game is slated for a 9:30pm est tip and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 79

Michigan State 74

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to add a little more fun to this thread let's do this. The game is slated to start at 9:30 EST. What time do you think it will be when the Duke game is on. I'm saying 9:48 OFC

I am taking this information with a grain of salt but a guy on the Elizabeth King forum is saying that his wife is sitting in the waiting room of an orthopedic and Grayson Allen and his father are sitting in there waiting to see the ortho.

"FWIW, my wife just texted me that Grayson Allen and his Dad are in the waiting room to see her doctor. She's there for a post-op visit after having her hamstring reattached... "

Last edited:
Just to add a little more fun to this thread let's do this. The game is slated to start at 9:30 EST. What time do you think it will be when the Duke game is on. I'm saying 9:48 OFC
I'll be watching the replay tomorrow night. I really enjoy waking up fresh.

I am taking this information with a grain of salt but a guy on the Elizabeth King forum is saying that his wife is sitting in the waiting room of an orthopedic and Grayson Allen and his father are sitting in their waiting to see the ortho.

"FWIW, my wife just texted me that Grayson Allen and his Dad are in the waiting room to see her doctor. She's there for a post-op visit after having her hamstring reattached... "

Could just be to get an evaluation. We already knew he was hurt, not sure that changes anything.

Yea, I am not saying its anything, I just find it kind of weird that the team doctors are not dealing with this. Again, no idea if there is any truth to this statement that was made.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Amile gets a double double with 15+ rebounds. MSU hangs in for most of the first half, but struggles in the half-court and turns the ball over too often to keep up.

Duke 76
MSU 62

I am taking this information with a grain of salt but a guy on the Elizabeth King forum is saying that his wife is sitting in the waiting room of an orthopedic and Grayson Allen and his father are sitting in their waiting to see the ortho.

Thank you for relaying the info. The only thing that stuck out to me is that I just can't see Grayson sitting in the waiting room at the office of any doctor in Durham. Maybe CH, but I feel like there would be an off hour appointment for a player.

Again, I know it's not you passing it along and I appreciate the post, but I'm a little skeptical. Just my opinion though.

Reactions: pisgah101
Thank you for relaying the info. The only thing that stuck out to me is that I just can't see Grayson sitting in the waiting room at the office of any doctor in Durham. Maybe CH, but I feel like there would be an off hour appointment for a player.

Again, I know it's not you passing it along and I appreciate the post, but I'm a little skeptical. Just my opinion though.
I am skeptical as well, just found it interesting.

I'm really confused. Who is seeing the doctor. OFC

What makes it sound unbelievable to me is the hamstring reattachment - that's not a common one. "Grayson Allen is in the waiting room with my wife as she waits to have her spine reinserted."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT