ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
And here we go. The holidays are winding down and we crank up the ACC season - it truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

It’ll be nice to get a little home-cooking for our second conference game even though we play a very tough Florida State team. They always (ok usually) play us tough at home so Vegas having us at -10 I think is a bit healthy.

Nonetheless, I think we get back on the winning track in the ACC today against the Noles.

Today’s game is slated for a 2pm est tip and will have a national CBS broadcast audience.

Duke 89

Florida State 82

GO DUKE!!!!!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Duke 90
FSU 80

My program guide is showing that the game is at 2pm EST

Last edited:
It'll be a tough game, always is, but we're at home, and I think K will have our guys ready.

Duke 85
Florida State 79

OFC

I expect a close game most of the way, and pull away at the end.
Duke - 84
Fla state - 73

I’ll say it, we win and win big

Duke: 91
FSU: 68

I don’t think many teams keep it close against us in Cameron this year.

Duke by eight.

Cheer them on, fellas....I have a late morning tee time today. Hoping to potentially see the second half of today’s game.

Idk what to expect. Often times we don't play good after a big break

Duke by eight.

Cheer them on, fellas....I have a late morning tee time today. Hoping to potentially see the second half of today’s game.

I can't believe you are out playing golf when we have a big ACC game. Shame on you. :) OFC

Reactions: christophero
Duke I like Hart’s pick
I saw the line you posted I think last nite Shey, nine I believe.....Checked this morning its moved to ten. I would love a big win of course, but FSU is very balanced and dangerous I feel....Happy Holidays-

OFC

A couple of things that worry me. One, we haven’t played. We may be a bit rusty and/or will be too amped up and play a little too fast. Second, I doubt it’s going to be a great Cameron crowd since the students are gone.

I think we win but really just because we are at Cameron. If we have been able to improve in defense in practice, will tell us a lot moving forward.

Duke 80
FSU 70

Reactions: hart2chesson
Duke 86
FSU 72

We outrebound them badly. We make a ton of free throws. We pull away at the end of both halves. Go Duke!

Bagley 26/14/4

Surprised Duke is only favored by 10.5 points.

Surprised that Duke IS favored by 10.5. Other than the fact that it’s a home game, FSU is tough and should finish in the Top 5 of the league without a problem. The defense they play is always stout, but they are efficient on O for once. It’ll be a great game. I’m taking the over.

Well, in my league prediction for this season, this is a game I predicted a loss, but then again I predicted a BC win, so what do I know :(.
How much will the XMAS layoff hurt us, and can we sustain the defensive effort from the last game? Defense will tell the story, and since I have already shown that I don't know much, I'm going with Duke to pull this one out.
Go Duke!
OFC

Big game. Hoping to see improvement defensively after the practice time we had. We win a close one late.

I hate weekend games that start before 7 or 8:00pm......I love watching games at a sports bar with hot wings and cold pitchers. That's just more fun at night. Oh well, the fryers are on, so I guess I'll go suffer through it!!

Reactions: df64
Everyone talking about our Christmas layoff.....well I’m pretty sure fsu had a layoff as well. So that shouldn’t be an excuse.

We're in Cameron. The guys are chomping at the bit to get out there, I'm sure. I think we win this by no less than 10 points. Another solid defensive performance as well. Too much talent for FSU to handle on the road in their first ACC contest.

Duke- 82
FSU- 68

I'm just wanting our defense to get to where it needs to be...our offense is good....let's play some solid D

Duke 88
FSU 72

Everyone talking about our Christmas layoff.....well I’m pretty sure fsu had a layoff as well. So that shouldn’t be an excuse.

True but they're playing Duke. It's different. I hope we come out like champions though

ADVERTISEMENT