ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS EASTERN MICHIGAN OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Dr_15hyU4AI7mEI

Bronny James at the game.

Last edited:
Last 8 minutes or so was not pretty. Not understanding what happened there. Even with the main guys it was sloppy. Hope it doesn't carry over. Maybe I'm asking for too much. The only player that really shot the ball well was Zion. It'll work itself out. Happy for Jav to have a solid game. Danged we need to work on those free throws. OFC

Cam is the forgotten man. But we will need him as teams start to pack the paint and the competition increases. His ability to get hot and knock down outside shots is deadly. But his defense will also be needed. Hoping this isn't a lingering issue dude is a beast.

Cam is the forgotten man. But we will need him as teams start to pack the paint and the competition increases. His ability to get hot and knock down outside shots is deadly. But his defense will also be needed. Hoping this isn't a lingering issue dude is a beast.

We are in trouble if any of the core four get hurt and miss significant time. In the first 3 games, we’ve had Zion and Cam miss a decent amount of minutes due to foul trouble and UK was beginning to get back in the game to the point where K had to play Zion and Cam with 2 fouls with close to 8 minutes left to stop UK’s run. Similar with Tre, when he had to leave the game briefly due to injury, things started to fall apart.

We are just going to have to pray that they stay healthy and out of foul trouble until a point in the game where there are only a few minutes remaining, and we have a big enough lead, so we can just take the air out of the ball.

We are in trouble if any of the core four get hurt and miss significant time. In the first 3 games, we’ve had Zion and Cam miss a decent amount of minutes due to foul trouble and UK was beginning to get back in the game to the point where K had to play Zion and Cam with 2 fouls with close to 8 minutes left to stop UK’s run. Similar with Tre, when he had to leave the game briefly due to injury, things started to fall apart.

We are just going to have to pray that they stay healthy and out of foul trouble until a point in the game where there are only a few minutes remaining, and we have a big enough lead, so we can just take the air out of the ball.
I think as long as we have Tre, we can withstand an injury or two. Injuries are going to happen at some point. We just have to hope they are minor. Tre is the only player who we just couldn’t function without. Gold wire played well tonight too, but we are soooooo good with Tre in charge.

Coach K said in his presser that Cam was experiencing a little soreness in his groin and that’s why he didn’t play in the second half to give him a couple of days to rest.

That's good enough for me and it should be good enough for everyone else. No need for further discussion in my opinion but we'll end up discussing it until the next game. OFC

I'm just watching the game now.

Gminski is one of my top 5 announcers. I love when he gets to do a game. Very insightful and a lot of fun.

Duke certainly took care of business! Nice to keep the blood pressure down to doctor approved numbers.
I am a little worried about the ft shooting though...whoops, there go those numbers creeping up.;)

OFC

Actually, to defend him, GMan did say they had an interesting talk with K about communication, and body language on the court came up, that coach talked to the team about it. I don’t think our friend was the only one who noticed RJ being agitated out there.

Yea he had bad body language because things weren’t going the way he thought they should as far as individually. The travel calls were the things that got on his nerves. It had nothing to do with teammates taking his shine or jealousy

I'm just watching the game now.

Gminski is one of my top 5 announcers. I love when he gets to do a game. Very insightful and a lot of fun.

Usually, yes. But the announcers not even mentioning Cam's absence was glaring.

Yea he had bad body language because things weren’t going the way he thought they should as far as individually. The travel calls were the things that got on his nerves. It had nothing to do with teammates taking his shine or jealousy

Sure, but the basic observation of his body language being a bit "off" wasn't too off base.

Sure, but the basic observation of his body language being a bit "off" wasn't too off base.

I wouldn't say it was even off because I'm sure he has done that before in games before he got here. This was just the first game we've seen him in a Duke uniform where he was having an all around not-so-good half

I was looking over stats through the first three games and between Zion, RJ & Cam they’ve had eight 20 point games with one of those being a 30 point game. Is there a team stat/record anywhere for most 20 point games by freshmen or team in a season?

Last edited:
Good win for Duke! Crazies seemed to me more on their A game as well compared to Sundays game. Student section had a few fans in it as well which is cool to see.

The start of this game was great. I started to think that the city Durham should change its name to Dunk City lol! The guys brought the dunks and Eastern Michigan's defense could not stop them.

In the presser Coach K mentioned something like Reddish had soreness in the groin but would be ready for Maui. He mentioned that Duke in the last few days had grown up more as far as communication goes. At the end of the presser, 1 reporter asked a question about Cameron Reddish being a 3rd option.... K shut him down quick.. replying that we have 3 #1 options in Reddish, Zion, and RJ. That we have 3 #1 go to guys. He talked about Reddish being the guy in the UK game. It was very cool to see K stick up for his players and set the reporter straight lol.

Over all a fun game to watch with all the dunks. I will try to get some player post game videos up here soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT