ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS COLORADO STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
The biggest thing with tonight’s home opener is just continuing to take steps forward with this young team. Kicking the season off with a win against KU was great, but come March that game will be faded history, and hopefully have hit our stride. All of this, is preparation for that.

There were too many things Tuesday night to name them all, but we really never had a rhythm offensively Tuesday and I think that’s going to be the biggest challenge for K, and Tre leading this team. The defense looks like it’s going to be there.

I’m confident we will win with relative ease, but I still think it’ll be lower scoring.

Tonight’s game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will air on the ACC Network (612 for all you Directv’ers).

Duke 74

Colorado State 54

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the Devils 80-63. At least one CSU player was talking a little junk earlier this week (maybe someone can post the link), and it could be tough for awhile. However I think we build a working margin, and win fairly handily. Would love to see Joey "Buckets" come off the bench and play with a "verve!" Ch 388 for you Spectrum subscribers! OFC

I like the Devils 80-63. At least one CSU player was talking a little junk earlier this week (maybe someone can post the link), and it could be tough for awhile. However I think we build a working margin, and win fairly handily. Would love to see Joey "Buckets" come off the bench and play with a "verve!" Ch 388 for you Spectrum subscribers! OFC
Yeah would love to see what was said, if anyone can find it

Can't wait to see the crazies rocking tonight. Think we see some full court press tonight and hopefully force some turnovers. Joey Baker goes for 30 off the bench then doesn't play at all the next game and the whole board disintegrates into little pieces......I kid I kid.

ACCN is channel 612 for anyone with Direct TV.

Duke 79
CSU 62

Reactions: jcdevilfan
Duke not even close!

Defense continues to improve and Moore has a better offensive game.

Looking forward to tonight hopefully we will start finding a better rhythm on offense.. Hoping Moore breaks out tonight Go Duke

I just hope we don't come out and play flat.
Last year, after our Champions Classic domination, we slept walk through the Army game.

Defense will dominate tonight.
Duke 81
Colorado St 57

I don't think that kid was trash talking. Hell, what's he supposed to say? "Yea, we plan on getting slaughtered?" He's gotta pump up his team. Duke with the W tonight, I'm thinking 12-15 points, not 23. 64-77 DUKE!

I don't think that kid was trash talking. Hell, what's he supposed to say? "Yea, we plan on getting slaughtered?" He's gotta pump up his team. Duke with the W tonight, I'm thinking 12-15 points, not 23. 64-77 DUKE!
Right! What was he supposed to say? We’re going to Cameron but we really don’t expect to win.

I don't think that kid was trash talking. Hell, what's he supposed to say? "Yea, we plan on getting slaughtered?" He's gotta pump up his team.

Meh.....I don't think you need to put anything out there in public to potentially stoke the other team up, particularly when its at Duke and the non-conference win streak is nothing short of amazing....OFC

Any suggestions on getting the game live? I have Comcast so no ACC network. Mother of pearl.

Any help is appreciated!

K plays five, maybe six guys tonight....might even go Norman Dale on the bit for stretches.

REF: Coach, need one more.

NORMAN DALE: My team is on the floor.

In all seriousness....I think Duke wins relatively easy. Might not be pretty the whole time, though.

Reactions: christophero
Man you cant help but love that kind of attitude in sports. Why play at Cameron if you come with the attitude of we cant win. It is best for both teams for them to come in and think they can win and will not be scared. Definitely makes for a better game and Duke needs to get pushed. Door mat games doesn't make you better all the time. I love a team that is coming in and ready to fight and go at it hard. I still don't think they will win, but we are a very young team and as DJ said, there could be times in this game when we as fans are wondering what the heck is going on with Duke.

I Predict Duke wins by 20 in the end.

I think it's tight early but we win by 15. Would like to see Joey get some time. We need to hit shots, and not every team is going to turn the ball over 30 times against us.

Cut the cable. Get YouTube TV. I was apprehensive about it, but so far I'm really impressed and I'm not throwing away money with cable or dish/direct.

Man my wife and kids would freak out! I’m on the road 90% of the time anyways so I think I’ll lose that battle.

Is it expensive monthly or annually? Thank you.

I bet you can’t do it.

There’s your first negative quote. Stay ready.
giphy.gif

Reactions: christophero
honestly the thread would be boring if everyone just said "it's gonna be okay. We're gonna win." ;)

Man my wife and kids would freak out! I’m on the road 90% of the time anyways so I think I’ll lose that battle.

Is it expensive monthly or annually? Thank you.

It's much cheaper....I pay less than $70/month. With DirecTV my monthly bill had ballooned to over $200. Now, I had NBA League Pass, too....but even without that I was paying $175/month.

The toughest part of You Tube TV is the functionality. You get used to it, but it's a bit of a process and takes some time to adapt to. When I was researching initially that was the biggest drawback, per people who already had it.

But I have most of the sports channels I need, as well as local channels. I was even surprised to learn that ACCN is part of the package. Both my wife and I work out of home a lot....so our internet speed was already pretty high. That would maybe be the only thing. If both my kids are on tablets doing homework and my wife and I are working and the TV is on....well, it can 'sometimes' use a lot of bandwidth and maybe slow things down.

Reactions: Fourteen44
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT