ADVERTISEMENT

Duke offers....

And we have our 1st Crystal Ball pick, from Duke Insider Adam Rowe. We don't miss too often on guys we really want (and need).

Frank Jackson has been looking really good early in the season and will only get better... I could be completely wrong but could this be a tyus situation where he was possibly going to stay 2-3 years but blew up so much that he bolts

I think some of these guys should use the Tyus Jones situation as a cautionary tale. Tyus obviously had a great freshman year, but you see where that got him. He's just now starting to get meaningful minutes in Minnesota.

Frank is much more athletic, but his position in the NBA is point guard and unless he miraculously becomes a player that shows point guard attributes in a few short months it would behoove him to stay. I see him still as a shooting guard that can make some good passes here and there and bring the ball up.

Just my opinion.....

I always thought really finding your feet in your second year in the NBA was a good thing, almost the norm. Especially when you start as a teenager. I wouldn't really consider that a cautionary tale. Just my opinion though.

I think some of these guys should use the Tyus Jones situation as a cautionary tale. Tyus obviously had a great freshman year, but you see where that got him. He's just now starting to get meaningful minutes in Minnesota.

Frank is much more athletic, but his position in the NBA is point guard and unless he miraculously becomes a player that shows point guard attributes in a few short months it would behoove him to stay. I see him still as a shooting guard that can make some good passes here and there and bring the ball up.

Just my opinion.....
"Just now"? It's the start of his second season.

Just think he could have used a second season at Duke. Just because you could get drafted doesn't always mean you should leave. I get the money argument, but a second year would not have hurt his stock. In my opinion, he would have been even more featured in his second year.

Tyus is in his second year. I'm not sure I understand the point you're trying to make.

I get the part where he will be featured more...of course he would have. But history suggests coming off a national championship and MOP of the Final Four made it a pretty good decision to leave.

Reactions: duke4life831
I understand the argument for staying- a solid one can be made. But his stock wouldn't have been higher, you need to go.

I think Frank returns. I think Luke returns as well because this draft is much tougher than next years allegedly.

Duval is legit- he's OAD regardless. If he's good to go clearance wise then go for it.

Frank sticking around is less about his talent and more about he and his family making a determination to stay in school to get at least close to a degree.

This Duval move has a lot to do with the recruiting at PG for this class. I'd still be super shocked if he ends up with Duke but I'd take him.

No question they should go after Duval, just not sure how much of a shot Duke has to get him. You always go after the best talent. He's certainly a talented kid, you can see it in the videos, the kind that is instant impact.

There are a couple barriers here. I don't see him here in the end.

A recent quote about Duke: “It’s pretty good,” he said of their communication. “I talk to them every so often, maybe two or three times a week.” Guessing that communication frequency will begin to ramp up, and Capel watching the night before a Duke game shows our interest.

Feels like we're all in on Duval - Coleman has specifically said he wanted to know he was a primary focus for Duke rather than a backup option. This offer, to me, means we're probably not getting Coleman, either because we'd prefer Duval and think we can get him, or the staff feels Coleman is headed to UT.

All this speculation is good but doesn't Duval need to commit 1st. OFC

A recent quote about Duke: “It’s pretty good,” he said of their communication. “I talk to them every so often, maybe two or three times a week.” Guessing that communication frequency will begin to ramp up, and Capel watching the night before a Duke game shows our interest.

Feels like we're all in on Duval - Coleman has specifically said he wanted to know he was a primary focus for Duke rather than a backup option. This offer, to me, means we're probably not getting Coleman, either because we'd prefer Duval and think we can get him, or the staff feels Coleman is headed to UT.
Before we can talk about recruiting him!? If we ban speculation on recruiting threads...

@skysdad I get what you're saying, and I know your rule about wanting to be in a Duke uniform, but recruiting talk is just so interesting. Why not talk about who might be here?

Reactions: skysdad
@skysdad I get what you're saying, and I know your rule about wanting to be in a Duke uniform, but recruiting talk is just so interesting. Why not talk about who might be here?
True, but the current team is playing right now.

Reactions: dbav
I like Duval and would like very much For him to be in a Duke uni! I heard somewhere Duke thought he was a package deal, eliminating our chances, and it didn't turn out that way. Or they would of been in on him earlier.

Reactions: devilry
Sorry bro but he's not AI. Would be a great get for us though. I think Frank is gone and if he is we'll be in great need of a lead guard.

I always go by feel here. And I feel we don't get Duvall.

And we can't talk about both?! That's seriously nitpicky guys.
If you don't find the game worthy of your full attention, feel free to do some online shopping, house work, etc. It's a free country. Is that better?

I'm basing my feel on grades, shoes, and attitude, what are you basing your feeling we get him on Pishah?

I hope we keep balancing our one-and-done recruiting hauls with hardworking, capable 4-year guys. We could really use a crafty, 4 star ball handler/distributor right now. I would feel much better having some more depth at guard. Watching DeLaurier/White/Vrank today, I'm feeling great about our front-court stability over time. Hopefully we get just the right guard this next cycle.

If frank goes pro ( hope not) after this year if we don't land duval our guard play will be questionable. Assuming we don't get Coleman either.

I'm basing my feel on grades, shoes, and attitude, what are you basing your feeling we get him on Pishah?
I never said he was coming tough guy I just asked. I remember one of them you said wasn't coming and they did. I don't follow it enough to know but you've been wrongness huge with that one so I was just giving some new guys an idea that you aren't 100%

LoL, did I ever say I was 100%? Dry your eyes, I know you're still butthurt over your girlfriend crank.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT