ADVERTISEMENT

Duke is going to be tough to beat next year

No, I have never said don't be optimistic. That's anyone's prerogative. Where it gets over the top is saying Cam should play the "Pippen" role to the star, or calling Zion a left handed Lebron.
I've also said we could be a good team. Please, if you're going to cherry pick things I've said, at least be accurate.

Why is an example “over the top?” When talking shop, you have to give examples people can relate to or remember. If someone said “Cam could play the Bryn Forbes role for Duke his season,” no one would have an f’ing clue what that meant. Haha. But we can clearly visualize the meaning behind the “Scottie Pippen role.”

The key to the whole thing is it was never said Cam is the next Pippen, Barrett is the next Jordan, etc. There’s a line between drawing a comparison and giving an example and I think for the most part on our board, people are giving examples rather than drawing accurate comparisons.

I digress, I disagree with the Pippen role thing because Cam won’t play anywhere near the defense required to be considered 3 and D, though I hope I’m wrong.

Either way, Duke has two strong wings who are very talented, whatever comparison you want to draw. From there adding a HEALTHY point guard with some solid rebounding and Duke should be a matchup problem for anyone in college since wing defense is generally the weakest part of any college defense.

Why is an example “over the top?” When talking shop, you have to give examples people can relate to or remember. If someone said “Cam could play the Bryn Forbes role for Duke his season,” no one would have an f’ing clue what that meant. Haha. But we can clearly visualize the meaning behind the “Scottie Pippen role.”

The key to the whole thing is it was never said Cam is the next Pippen, Barrett is the next Jordan, etc. There’s a line between drawing a comparison and giving an example and I think for the most part on our board, people are giving examples rather than drawing accurate comparisons.

I digress, I disagree with the Pippen role thing because Cam won’t play anywhere near the defense required to be considered 3 and D, though I hope I’m wrong.

Either way, Duke has two strong wings who are very talented, whatever comparison you want to draw. From there adding a HEALTHY point guard with some solid rebounding and Duke should be a matchup problem for anyone in college since wing defense is generally the weakest part of any college defense.
None of us can honestly say how good we will be. I don't mind comparisons either. Need to word them carefully though. To say in the summer BEFORE the season that Cam should play the Pippen role to the "star" is already saying who the best player is. We don't know yet. Say "I hope Zion is a supercharged Larry Johnson, not he is a supercharged LJ."

We bragged on last years team once we got Bagley. I was one that thought we would win title 6. None of us saw what our demise would be in June. Did anyone know at the time that his defense would be almost as bad as his ability to score was good, or Duval would not be the speed demon point guard we signed, or Allen would struggle with his shot for too many games? Many thought free throw shooting would be what killed us. It didn't. It hurt us from time to time, but wasn't our downfall.

I am excited for this team, and if these kids are as good as advertised, Duke will be a serious contender. But having us as the number 2 or 3 ranked team is a little high, imo. Our 14-15 title team was preseason 6. The last two teams were number 1. It's funny that we have this ranking and realistically finishing 2nd in the conference would be a great regular season.

Does anyone else think that if the 17 class had just been Tatum and Jackson, the expectations for that team would have been slightly higher than the Ingram team the year before? That's basically the class we got. Much of the expectation surrounding that team was based on Giles being Chris Webber.

Reactions: hart2chesson
None of us can honestly say how good we will be. I don't mind comparisons either. Need to word them carefully though. To say in the summer BEFORE the season that Cam should play the Pippen role to the "star" is already saying who the best player is. We don't know yet. Say "I hope Zion is a supercharged Larry Johnson, not he is a supercharged LJ."

We bragged on last years team once we got Bagley. I was one that thought we would win title 6. None of us saw what our demise would be in June. Did anyone know at the time that his defense would be almost as bad as his ability to score was good, or Duval would not be the speed demon point guard we signed, or Allen would struggle with his shot for too many games? Many thought free throw shooting would be what killed us. It didn't. It hurt us from time to time, but wasn't our downfall.

I am excited for this team, and if these kids are as good as advertised, Duke will be a serious contender. But having us as the number 2 or 3 ranked team is a little high, imo. Our 14-15 title team was preseason 6. The last two teams were number 1. It's funny that we have this ranking and realistically finishing 2nd in the conference would be a great regular season.

I get that, but you can look at this team and say who, healthy and all things considered equal, should be the best player on the team. That is one, RJ Barrett.

Based on countless articles, games watched, etc. these kids are scrutinized more than any amateur players in the history of the game, so you get a good idea. You’ll be wrong sometimes. Everyone was hopeful Harry would be Webber, but we were all wrong in thinking an 18 years old with two torn ACL’s would be ready to carry a major collegiate franchise. And it’s funny because Tatum did just that and everyone even his own team’s fans had nothing questions about his game. Yet, he proved them all wrong this season.

But that’s why it’s all hypothetical, which why we shouldn’t take it as gospel, but instead as a way to be able to have a conversation that brings it to a point where everyone can understand it together. Everybody on here knows what “a Scottie Pippen role” means. That’s simple and there’s no issue with that. By using the lost art of inference, I can make an educated guess and say that the poster who stated that, isn’t saying this team is going to be the ‘93 Bulls. We can all come to that conclusion. It’d be the same thing if a team decided to play 7 seconds into the shot clock, you’d say they play like the 7 second Suns. Nobody is saying they’re exactly like Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire, but an analogy was created.

Now, the difference was Howard Garfinkel calling Greg Paulus and Josh McRoberts unequivocally the next Bobby Hurley and Christian Laettner. That was reckless, IMO. But creating analogy to style of play is honestly the easiest way to come to common ground when talking shop.

Does anyone else think that if the 17 class had just been Tatum and Jackson, the expectations for that team would have been slightly higher than the Ingram team the year before? That's basically the class we got. Much of the expectation surrounding that team was based on Giles being Chris Webber.

I agree. And in general the freshman phenomenon has largely over shadowed the other factor which is growth of the veterans. That team’s expectations really didn’t include Luke Kennard suddenly becoming the scorer everyone expected him to be just one year prior. It’s got such a “what have you done for me lately” feel. The season before Luke was the next JJ. When he wasn’t, we were already talking about how Frank is coming to replace him. Then all of sudden Luke was very JJ-like. It is what it is. A guessing game.

R.J. is clearly MJ.
I agree, Cam is Pippen.
I guess that leaves Zion as Dennis Rodman, AWESOME!
Tre Jones can clearly be Ron Harper, team leader, hopefully he plays defense like Harper.
Bolden seems very similar to Luc Longley, big space-eaters.

WE EVEN GOT ALEX O'CONNELL PLAYING THE STEVE KERR ROLE!

I get that, but you can look at this team and say who, healthy and all things considered equal, should be the best player on the team. That is one, RJ Barrett.

Based on countless articles, games watched, etc. these kids are scrutinized more than any amateur players in the history of the game, so you get a good idea. You’ll be wrong sometimes. Everyone was hopeful Harry would be Webber, but we were all wrong in thinking an 18 years old with two torn ACL’s would be ready to carry a major collegiate franchise. And it’s funny because Tatum did just that and everyone even his own team’s fans had nothing questions about his game. Yet, he proved them all wrong this season.

But that’s why it’s all hypothetical, which why we shouldn’t take it as gospel, but instead as a way to be able to have a conversation that brings it to a point where everyone can understand it together. Everybody on here knows what “a Scottie Pippen role” means. That’s simple and there’s no issue with that. By using the lost art of inference, I can make an educated guess and say that the poster who stated that, isn’t saying this team is going to be the ‘93 Bulls. We can all come to that conclusion. It’d be the same thing if a team decided to play 7 seconds into the shot clock, you’d say they play like the 7 second Suns. Nobody is saying they’re exactly like Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire, but an analogy was created.

Now, the difference was Howard Garfinkel calling Greg Paulus and Josh McRoberts unequivocally the next Bobby Hurley and Christian Laettner. That was reckless, IMO. But creating analogy to style of play is honestly the easiest way to come to common ground when talking shop.
It all becomes over the top when you take the Pippen analogy and combine it by calling Zion a left handed Lebron, or a supercharged Larry Johnson, or that Tre Jones will be better than Duval. We've developed a trend here, and ONLY on this board, where the next class is better than the previous one.

Again, it's ok to be excited. Honestly, I am. But we have been burned by expectations versus the end results. I don't count Giles. Injuries changed his future. But there was friction on that 17 team, somewhere. I think it was between Luke and Tatum, and of course Jackson's dad and K. That affected the Duke team as bad as the injuries did preseason. What Tatum is doing in the pros is totally different than during his time at Duke, and he was a very good player for Duke. I know it helps in recruiting, but most Duke fans I know are more concerned with their time at Duke than dunking on Lebron in the playoffs.
Did you know Bagley was weak on defense last September, at least by K's way? I didn't.

Now if the folks are right in their assessments of these kids, then book your final four tickets.

We even had a poster say he's not sure about Zion because he's been dunking on "small white high schoolers." Where's your response to that?

Heheh, calm down lil fella. You sound like you're about to blow a circuit. where's my response to that? I already gave it, here it is, word for word...

"100% true he was normally up against weaker competition in H.S. , but that simply doesn't take away from the fact that the kid is a damn FREAK of nature athletically . He's going to give us some serious WOW moments during his short stay here."

Dang dude. You're literally on FIRE because people here are pumped for the incoming team. Take a chill pill.

Heheh, calm down lil fella. You sound like you're about to blow a circuit. where's my response to that? I already gave it, here it is, word for word...

"100% true he was normally up against weaker competition in H.S. , but that simply doesn't take away from the fact that the kid is a damn FREAK of nature athletically . He's going to give us some serious WOW moments during his short stay here."

Dang dude. You're literally on FIRE because people here are pumped for the incoming team. Take a chill pill.
Where do you come up with some of your stuff? Who says I'm not excited? I'm very curious to see Zion, Barrett, Redish, and Jones. Along with Bolden, Delaurier, O'Connell, and White. I think they will be entertaining. Where have I said we would suck? I ruffled your feathers when I said we would lose close to 10 and not get to the final four.
I hope I'm wrong, and if you want to save this post for future, go ahead. I didn't expect the end result from the 15 team we got, yet I watched all but one game that year.
I'm sorry I don't fall into that category that thinks this next class is better than the previous one. I did once. This past season. I was beating the same drum you beat. All I'm trying to do now Captain, is be cautiously optimistic. So sorry I'm not calling Zion a left handed Lebron, or that Barrett will be the best player from start to finish. Maybe I will come February. If we are then you were right sir. Really, I hope some of you and the media are right.
Will you accept that I'm cautiously optimistic and quit looking for every opportunity to bash me?

Your calm down lil fella comment was very cute.

Reactions: Rocketman101
Will you accept that I'm cautiously optimistic and quit looking for every opportunity to bash me?

At this point I’m done, but thisbright here sums up what is happening right now. All you’ve done is bash and disagree with two words where we can’t even get past it to talk about the damn team.

Reminder to the board, please don’t make analogies or comparisons because it makes us all too happy. Especially since no other basketball board on the internet does it. Just us.

It all becomes over the top when you take the Pippen analogy and combine it by calling Zion a left handed Lebron, or a supercharged Larry Johnson, or that Tre Jones will be better than Duval. We've developed a trend here, and ONLY on this board, where the next class is better than the previous one.

Again, it's ok to be excited. Honestly, I am. But we have been burned by expectations versus the end results. I don't count Giles. Injuries changed his future. But there was friction on that 17 team, somewhere. I think it was between Luke and Tatum, and of course Jackson's dad and K. That affected the Duke team as bad as the injuries did preseason. What Tatum is doing in the pros is totally different than during his time at Duke, and he was a very good player for Duke. I know it helps in recruiting, but most Duke fans I know are more concerned with their time at Duke than dunking on Lebron in the playoffs.
Did you know Bagley was weak on defense last September, at least by K's way? I didn't.

Now if the folks are right in their assessments of these kids, then book your final four tickets.

If someone wants to say how a player should play this season then there’s nothing wrong with that. You’re upset because people are overly optimistic. That’s their choice to get on that high. I don’t understand why you’re worried. The last 30 messages are you and someone else going back and forth about expectations. If you aren’t optimistic that Cam can play a Pippen role and Zion can be left handed LeBron then let that other person live in their own dream world. Some of you dudes complain about BS

Reactions: dukehokie
At this point I’m done, but thisbright here sums up what is happening right now. All you’ve done is bash and disagree with two words where we can’t even get past it to talk about the damn team.

Reminder to the board, please don’t make analogies or comparisons because it makes us all too happy. Especially since no other basketball board on the internet does it. Just us.
Haha, Hokie. I thought our board was above others. We leave the crazy talk to the other boards, right? Our posters laugh at thr for calling Maye Larry Bird, which is laughable btw. Yet to call a Duke kid that hasn't played yet a left handed Lebron is ok. Gotcha. But at least Maye had played 2 college seasons before they got that crazy. We are firing off shots before the season.
Yeah, it makes total sense to me. Carry on.

Haha, Hokie. I thought our board was above others. We leave the crazy talk to the other boards, right? Our posters laugh at thr for calling Maye Larry Bird, which is laughable btw. Yet to call a Duke kid that hasn't played yet a left handed Lebron is ok. Gotcha. But at least Maye had played 2 college seasons before they got that crazy. We are firing off shots before the season.
Yeah, it makes total sense to me. Carry on.

No Mac, the problem with our board is not the optimism. It’s getting carried away and totally lost on three words. We seriously have an inane back and forth going because of a god damn sentence. I’m done if you are. But for the sake of future conversations let’s please try not to hijack over a simple sentence. I’m in the wrong here too. But this is getting so silly.

I've never really witnessed anything quite like this on this board and I've been here a lonng time. I've seen haters come and go, trolls, people who trash players, coaches, poachers, advertisers. Just never had a guy get tilted after any poster gets optimistic about pretty much anything. Honestly , I'm not even sure he realizes he does it. But it is aggravating. I'm not gonna fight over it anymore, I was just beginning to wonder was I the only one seeing it.

I think Mac really is a big time Duke fan, but he got hurt by this team not winning it all. Hurt me to. But not enough to give up. Not enough to turn back my love for the team. Not enough to be optimistic over what looks to be an absolutely incredible incoming class. Lose 10 games? Hell no they won't.

I think Mac really is a big time Duke fan, but he got hurt by this team not winning it all. Hurt me to. But not enough to give up. Not enough to turn back my love for the team. Not enough to be optimistic over what looks to be an absolutely incredible incoming class. Lose 10 games? Hell no they won't.
Show, the hurt, if you want to call it that is what happens now in the offseason. I have not given up on Duke. It's like the board gets crazier over the next batch than the one that just finished. That's all. The many Duke fans I know where I live aren't predicting anything, or greatness out of anyone. When asked, they say I don't know, we are going to be young.
Maybe I'm wrong and the team won't lose 10 games.
The hype though, gets harder to swallow when you look at our last two teams. Preseason #1 both years, yet the program has lost 17 games. Given the talent coming in, 17 losses should be over 3 seasons, not 2.
I loved the 16 Ingram/Allen team. They got about as far as they could after Jefferson went down, and I considered that year better than these last two.
I don't know any Duke fan that has enjoyed the last couple seasons.
Does that make me a debbie downer. No, I'm not. I have gotten edgy when, after all that has happened lately, that comparisons are made that seem over the top. I hope Cam is similar to Pippen, and Zion posterizes many, in wins. If Barrett is as Jwill says, the best player from start to finish, and Tre is similar to his brother, then Duke is in for a fun, fun ride.

I apologize if I've upset anyone. That has not been my intention.

That's a good post man, you did one thing wrong though, you said you don't know any Duke fans that have enjoyed the last two seasons. I did. I bet there's a bunch on this board that did. I enjoy EVERY season. 95' was hell. But I loved Duke then just as much as I do now. I understand you're cautious dude, but don't let that get in the way of the fun. That turns this into a job, we've all already got one of those. ;)

Show, the hurt, if you want to call it that is what happens now in the offseason. I have not given up on Duke. It's like the board gets crazier over the next batch than the one that just finished. That's all. The many Duke fans I know where I live aren't predicting anything, or greatness out of anyone. When asked, they say I don't know, we are going to be young.
Maybe I'm wrong and the team won't lose 10 games.
The hype though, gets harder to swallow when you look at our last two teams. Preseason #1 both years, yet the program has lost 17 games. Given the talent coming in, 17 losses should be over 3 seasons, not 2.
I loved the 16 Ingram/Allen team. They got about as far as they could after Jefferson went down, and I considered that year better than these last two.
I don't know any Duke fan that has enjoyed the last couple seasons.
Does that make me a debbie downer. No, I'm not. I have gotten edgy when, after all that has happened lately, that comparisons are made that seem over the top. I hope Cam is similar to Pippen, and Zion posterizes many, in wins. If Barrett is as Jwill says, the best player from start to finish, and Tre is similar to his brother, then Duke is in for a fun, fun ride.

I apologize if I've upset anyone. That has not been my intention.

I enjoyed the last two seasons. Even with all of our faults, only four teams finished ahead of us. Don't let high expectations rob you of a great experience.

Being at the PK80 last year was amazing. You could see our faults and our greatness in each of those games.

In the past 20 years, Duke has been the favorite 8 times, and has won the title 1 time as the favorite.
So I'm assuming whoever is butt-hurt about the past 2 seasons, was equally upset in 99, 02, 04, 06, and 2011????
Those teams had proven veterans so I would assume that the hurt would be even worse too??? On top of all that...when those older teams lost, 06 for example, we were generally losing all our top guys, and NOT reloading immediately, it was obvious it would be another season or 2 of pain. Not the case now.

Basing your satisfaction of a season based off championship or bust is grounds for idiocracy, due to the randomness of the tournament, and the fact that the best team rarely wins.

I had a blast this season, wish we won the title, but hey, were gonna have 5 guys drafted tomorrow night and have an out-of-this-world recruiting class coming in..things could be MUCH worse.

Last edited:
I have enjoyed every season. I certainly did say I did not like the team last year as much, but that was about not having a connection with many players due to so many one and dones.

I have enjoyed 40+ seasons of Duke Basketball and look forward to the next 40.

Certainly cannot speak for Mac, but know he's a first rate guy. Likewise, hes a DIEHARD DUKE MAN like myself and ALL of our posters. This is simply hypothesizing: I think his passion and I know mine partly comes from being a resident of NC. I've mentioned it prior, but it bears reiterating. North Carolina is infested w/Tarhole fans, and Duke fans hear so much crap from them year-round.

For instance the last couple years its been "you guys are like a pro team," "y'all are loaded, take it easy on us," "how do you get all these pro guys!!!???" Then flash for instance, to last year we went up in flames 1st rd, and they won it all. UNBEARABLE.....This year they brag about taking two of three despite our OAD's (Tarhole fans feel they're so entitled to begin with in general!)....

Sure I am excited, but I am not allowing myself to expect a final four based on hype and a preseason #2 ranking. All the media and fans hype about Duke and OAD's is fodder for Tar Hole fans later around here(heck from Manteo to Murphy in NC) to get psyched up about in hopes of beating us and rubbing in our faces.....Hope this helps a little bit any out of state folks, and I think most of our NC residents who post understand.

OFC

Certainly cannot speak for Mac, but know he's a first rate guy. Likewise, hes a DIEHARD DUKE MAN like myself and ALL of our posters. This is simply hypothesizing: I think his passion and I know mine partly comes from being a resident of NC. I've mentioned it prior, but it bears reiterating. North Carolina is infested w/Tarhole fans, and Duke fans hear so much crap from them year-round.

For instance the last couple years its been "you guys are like a pro team," "y'all are loaded, take it easy on us," "how do you get all these pro guys!!!???" Then flash for instance, to last year we went up in flames 1st rd, and they won it all. UNBEARABLE.....This year they brag about taking two of three despite our OAD's (Tarhole fans feel they're so entitled to begin with in general!)....

Sure I am excited, but I am not allowing myself to expect a final four based on hype and a preseason #2 ranking. All the media and fans hype about Duke and OAD's is fodder for Tar Hole fans later around here(heck from Manteo to Murphy in NC) to get psyched up about in hopes of beating us and rubbing in our faces.....Hope this helps a little bit any out of state folks, and I think most of our NC residents who post understand.

OFC
Completely agree. I'll add that for quite a while, K and Duke was chasing Dean and the Holes. I'm only speaking for my time as a Duke fan, but their fans were horrible during the late 80's and 90's. They have been slightly knocked back due to Duke's success, but living around them requires patience, and they're still bad.
You are safe nowhere from the constant back and forth. You pray you beat them, and go farther than them in the tournament. You don't run your mouth too much unless you can take it. The Holes clothing shines the day after they beat us, or if they win it all, like in 17. So yes, that makes a fella a little butt hurt. The "what's wrong with Rat Face? Can't he win with a team of future pro players?"
"Allen is a sorry pos." "South Carolina spanked your boys." The same year they won it. So ya think living in Ohio or wherever was as bad if you're a die hard Duke fan? Then they took 2 out of 3 this past season.

You get laughed at if you say how many lottery picks we have. They simply say "How did that work out for Duke?" As they stand there in their 2017 NCAA championship shirt.

Once again, it doesn't mean a NC resident is a better fan, but all this butt hurt on years we don't win it goes back to the rivalry. Living here it's all centered around two schools 8 miles apart.

First off: I don't have the antipathy for you all that most UK fans do. That's reserved for UNCheat, and always has been, since the days The Phoniest Man in Sports (Smith) soiled their sidelines. I hate them- and their unctuous, sanctimonious followers- with the intensity of 10,000 white-hot suns. I'm sure most of you would agree.

That said, the BBN is gonna pack Bankers Life Fieldhouse with about 15,000 fanatics and just whip your asses on Nov. 6th. Sorry, but it's gonna happen, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

No hard feelings beyond that. See ya later.

First off: I don't have the antipathy for you all that most UK fans do. That's reserved for UNCheat, and always has been, since the days The Phoniest Man in Sports (Smith) soiled their sidelines. I hate them- and their unctuous, sanctimonious followers- with the intensity of 10,000 white-hot suns. I'm sure most of you would agree.

That said, the BBN is gonna pack Bankers Life Fieldhouse with about 15,000 fanatics and just whip your asses on Nov. 6th. Sorry, but it's gonna happen, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Yo, dawg. Are you aware of what went down the last time BBN packed a basketball game in Indianapolis??? Would you like a refresher???

I'll keep it short and sweet.....A LOT OF CRYING FANS. TEARS EVERYWHERE.

Lol. Again you’re gonna spend the next 6 months complaining about our youth, is this your stress relief?
I bet if we took a straw poll most would rather you go complain about our youth somewhere else.

Also I am so sorry that last year’s “reliant on freshman” team came within a dumb roll from the FF. Get over it.

Especially since it wasn't the young players that face planted in that game.

Reactions: jwill133

Christian Laettner

Completely agree. I'll add that for quite a while, K and Duke was chasing Dean and the Holes. I'm only speaking for my time as a Duke fan, but their fans were horrible during the late 80's and 90's. They have been slightly knocked back due to Duke's success, but living around them requires patience, and they're still bad.
You are safe nowhere from the constant back and forth. You pray you beat them, and go farther than them in the tournament. You don't run your mouth too much unless you can take it. The Holes clothing shines the day after they beat us, or if they win it all, like in 17. So yes, that makes a fella a little butt hurt. The "what's wrong with Rat Face? Can't he win with a team of future pro players?"
"Allen is a sorry pos." "South Carolina spanked your boys." The same year they won it. So ya think living in Ohio or wherever was as bad if you're a die hard Duke fan? Then they took 2 out of 3 this past season.

You get laughed at if you say how many lottery picks we have. They simply say "How did that work out for Duke?" As they stand there in their 2017 NCAA championship shirt.

Once again, it doesn't mean a NC resident is a better fan, but all this butt hurt on years we don't win it goes back to the rivalry. Living here it's all centered around two schools 8 miles apart.

Mac I merely outlined the scenario....You gave the COMPLETE UNVARNISHED TRUTH of it....Thank you!

OFC

Especially since it wasn't the young players that face planted in that game.
Yeah, I agree. If only Allen had rebounded better. His fault we lost that battle by 18.
Wait a minute. He was the only veteran. Still his fault.
It will be his fault if we lose to Kentucky.

No one said he shot good. No one. But you seem quick to throw ONLY him under the bus. Not only that, but after you run him over, you want to back up to see what it was you hit.

Funny Allen seems to be the board whipping boy for everything, when it was his around the rim world shot that nearly delivered us to the Final Four.

OFC

I was just about say Hart, if it weren’t for Mr Allen, we’d still be sitting on 4.
You two cut it out. It was "all" Allen's fault. He shot bad, was the reason we couldn't play man defense, was the reason Bagley couldn't guard a lamp post, it was his fault Bagley played almost EVERY minute yet got called for NO fouls, Grayson was the reason Trent went 2-10 shooting the three, and it was his fault Carter missed the chippy, and let us all not forget it was his fault Carter fouled out. Oh and I almost forgot: it was his fault we got killed on the boards.

Am I forgetting anything else that he did wrong? Screw it. I'm glad the bum's gone.

You two cut it out. It was "all" Allen's fault. He shot bad, was the reason we couldn't play man defense, was the reason Bagley couldn't guard a lamp post, it was his fault Bagley played almost EVERY minute yet got called for NO fouls, Grayson was the reason Trent went 2-10 shooting the three, and it was his fault Carter missed the chippy, and let us all not forget it was his fault Carter fouled out. Oh and I almost forgot: it was his fault we got killed on the boards.

Am I forgetting anything else that he did wrong? Screw it. I'm glad the bum's gone.
Do you feel better now? Needed to make sure you got that extra Bagley hate off your chest??
Seems like you have had a rough day, arguing with everyone about how much you hate young guys. We all know Grayson is the GOAT.

Do you feel better now? Needed to make sure you got that extra Bagley hate off your chest??
Seems like you have had a rough day, arguing with everyone about how much you hate young guys. We all know Grayson is the GOAT.
Now grasshopper. I don't hate Bagley. My negative opinions on him don't change the fact I think he is an athletic freak who will probably be a really good pro player. I have nothing against the kid. My opinions happened to be shared by a few on espn as well. Does that mean they hated him?
Grayson is far from the GOAT. He had his flaws as well. You only want to see what you want to, which is just what a guy will do at the next level.
I never blamed a loss on one kid. I do, however, stand by my claim on Bagley in relation to the team. Doesn't mean I don't like him.

In the past 20 years, Duke has been the favorite 8 times, and has won the title 1 time as the favorite.
So I'm assuming whoever is butt-hurt about the past 2 seasons, was equally upset in 99, 02, 04, 06, and 2011????
Those teams had proven veterans so I would assume that the hurt would be even worse too??? On top of all that...when those older teams lost, 06 for example, we were generally losing all our top guys, and NOT reloading immediately, it was obvious it would be another season or 2 of pain. Not the case now.

Basing your satisfaction of a season based off championship or bust is grounds for idiocracy, due to the randomness of the tournament, and the fact that the best team rarely wins.

I had a blast this season, wish we won the title, but hey, were gonna have 5 guys drafted tomorrow night and have an out-of-this-world recruiting class coming in..things could be MUCH worse.
Amen !!

Last edited:
Reactions: jwill133
Now grasshopper. I don't hate Bagley. My negative opinions on him don't change the fact I think he is an athletic freak who will probably be a really good pro player. I have nothing against the kid. My opinions happened to be shared by a few on espn as well. Does that mean they hated him?
Grayson is far from the GOAT. He had his flaws as well. You only want to see what you want to, which is just what a guy will do at the next level.
I never blamed a loss on one kid. I do, however, stand by my claim on Bagley in relation to the team. Doesn't mean I don't like him.

Heck I like "Bags" too, he's an unbelievably gifted offensive player. However when he says critics are wrong about his lack of defensive prowess and calls it "BS," he is simply wrong.

OFC

Reactions: Big Blue Thunder
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT