ADVERTISEMENT

Duke/FSU football game.

Proud of the effort today, especially from the D. Next week is the game (Pitt at home) I feel We MUST WIN to stay in running for bowl! OFC

Reactions: kingbluedevil
The opportunity was there. It seems the Miami loss took a lot out of us. OFC

Key play was getting shafted from video review booth again. (Remember Miami 8 lateral game)?

McDuffie intercepts and is bought down by Patrick leading with helmet to helmet tackle near fifty. Replay clearly showed Patrick leading with helmet which would have given Duke first down around 35 in tie game midway 3rd period and disqualification of Patrick.

Of course replay booth failed to see the obvious. Patrick stays in game and make key runs as FSU holds for win.

Someone explain to me why it is a good idea to insert Harris into game for Jones 3 times resulting in a net of nothing. The third time was a 3rd and 3 with Jones playing well and resulted in Harris getting a pass batted down. This was on the series after McDuffie interception. A critical series.

Key play was getting shafted from video review booth again. (Remember Miami 8 lateral game)?

McDuffie intercepts and is bought down by Patrick leading with helmet to helmet tackle near fifty. Replay clearly showed Patrick leading with helmet which would have given Duke first down around 35 in tie game midway 3rd period and disqualification of Patrick.

Of course replay booth failed to see the obvious. Patrick stays in game and make key runs as FSU holds for win.

Someone explain to me why it is a good idea to insert Harris into game for Jones 3 times resulting in a net of nothing. The third time was a 3rd and 3 with Jones playing well and resulted in Harris getting a pass batted down. This was on the series after McDuffie interception. A critical series.

The Harris experiment is not working and should be scrapped. Parker Boehme should be moved back up to our #2 man at qb. OFC

I just dont understand why we dont run the ball more. it's pretty obvious that our running game is bad ass. Jones and our WR's suck. Our rb's are averaging 6.0+ yards a carry

Reactions: gottagonow
I just dont understand why we dont run the ball more. it's pretty obvious that our running game is bad ass. Jones and our WR's suck. Our rb's are averaging 6.0+ yards a carry
Jones threw 22-35, much better today. However, his average yard per reception???? A paltry 5.8 per catch. NOT GOOD!

was at the game today. thanks retiredsoldier for the tickets. yea was surprised with the backup qb running wildcat gave duke nothing. qb had the 1 big pass on a broken play other than that not much down the field. running game was good.

Reactions: hart2chesson
was at the game today. thanks retiredsoldier for the tickets. yea was surprised with the backup qb running wildcat gave duke nothing. qb had the 1 big pass on a broken play other than that not much down the field. running game was good.

Stevo our offensive ineptitude continues to cost us. As you say outside of Rahming's circus catch not much of a vertical passing game. No question Harris hurt us as back-up today in special situations for Jones. Also the halfback pass was another drivekiller. Very proud of the D, your offense should be able to generate 20 pts. Duke has 1 TD in their last 2 home games.

OFC

the coaches are killing us this season. we average 6 yds per carry but keep throwing and stopping the clock. wears out our d at ends of the game. why cant we find a punt returner who will catch the ball in the air? we lose so much yardage every game because of this. then there is the kicking game. punts in the end zone and kickoffs out of bounds are just bad coaching when it happens week after week after week. sorry just frustrated because we could have really really really won two of these games we have lost with a few adjustments i think.

The new OC doesn't seem to get when you are averaging 6 yes per carry you keep running the damn ball. New oline coach seems to be struggling and as good a recruiter Farris is the wr group is regressing badly. New blood would help. Look what Albert did for dline

The new OC doesn't seem to get when you are averaging 6 yes per carry you keep running the damn ball. New oline coach seems to be struggling and as good a recruiter Farris is the wr group is regressing badly. New blood would help. Look what Albert did for dline

Add to that fact Roper also DOUBLES as special mentor to the Duke qbs???!!! Cut has given Roper WAY too much responsibility!!!!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT