ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

I agree with Hart. If the students are sent home, due to a resurgence, or if there are rules in place prohibiting group activities, Duke won't play. The SEC and Big Whatever will play.

That doesn't mean we can't talk about the team. What else is there to talk about?

Reactions: hart2chesson
I agree with Hart. If the students are sent home, due to a resurgence, or if there are rules in place prohibiting group activities, Duke won't play. The SEC and Big Whatever will play.

That doesn't mean we can't talk about the team. What else is there to talk about?

Liftee I am with you! Lets talk about this year's team AT LEAST until there OFFICIALLY won't be a season. After all this dang virus situation changes almost daily! I guess we should be all VERY PLEASANTLY SURPRISED if Cut's boys take the field this year....OFC

Reactions: Liftee
almarion crim
6'3'' 285lb OG from minor ala commits
P5 offers include duke, ga tech, louisville, va teck
mids offer list is huge but here some quality teams
army, air force, ecu, fau, mid ten state, southern miss, usf, wku and louisiana.
this kid is underrated because most sites have as an OT because thats what he plays in high school but will be inside for us. watch his huddle tapes and he just mows people down.
really good get in my book

Last edited:
A cheater heel friend of mine said if we don't beat the cheaters this year we never beat them again and there are doubts about W.F. and NCSU also as long as mack brown is there. Recruiting in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia are a thing of the past for the top recruits. Looks like there may be another ghost course for all heel students coming. Got to get those heel lawyers back to work. OFC

The positive is the best talent is staying in state but the negative is they will mostly be at Carolina. N.C State got a good in state recruit in Crowell few weeks ago. I'm not sure how long Brown will coach but they are going to be something else in a year or two.

Agree completely with the post above. I'm a UNC fan, but banned from the UNC sites because I am realistic and pragmatic. Mack is obviously compensating players well. He was the OC for Barry Switzer and won a national championship at Texas. Doubtful that he will get caught.

Duke should be in the top 35 every year. Duke has a better brand than Northwestern and should be at the same level as Stanford. The basketball team has tremendous popularity. It should be easy for Duke to get ten of the top fifty players in North Carolina. It should also be easy to recruit elite QBs, OL and kickers. Coach K should be able to help recruit at least one star defensive player per year. And the possibility of landing a multi sports star like Tony Gonzalez or Julius Peppers should get Duke in the top 15 every once in a while

Last edited:
I just can't see it. The numbers are moving in the wrong direction. If half the colleges in any given conference decide not to play because they sent their students home, where does that leave the rest? Playing a round robin exhibition schedule? More importantly, how can ESPN do Game Day if there are no students to attend?

so S placide djungu-sungu 6'1'' 175 lbs commits
texas player who was starting to get lots of attention and adding lots of offers recently
dont know track times but if anybody does please rate
long jump 21-5.5
11.98 100 meter
22.79 200 meter
7.53 60 meter
just feel like this is another good athlete for us.

FYI 247 rates him an 86

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke9172
Those are all good numbers, but not elite. For example, world record in the 200 meters was 19.28 last time I looked and long jump is over 29 feet. But if the numbers are legitimate, they are very good

My female highschool classmate had the fastest time in the country in the late 70s in the 200 meters, just over 22 seconds. It was awesome. Put me to shame. Duke should get 3 or 4 prospects from Texas every year. I faked a hamstring cramp so that she would not race past me

Last edited:
Reactions: surfdevil
so before rivals does the cop-out 5.4 rating here is info from another site
rated the #63 safety in the nation by 247 sports
junior year had 83 tackles, 4 for loss, 2 int, 1 forced fumble, 1 safety and 6 pass breakups
plays texas division 6A. first team honors texas district 4 (as a junior)

FYI rivals just rated as a 5.6 so very solid pick up it seems

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
Ok guys weigh in: where do you put the chances PERCENTAGE WISE ACC will have football this fall??

My guess: Less than 5%

OFC

Reactions: Liftee
I don't even know that ACC football will give it a try like baseball is. I don't see the numbers along the East Coast going down as September approaches and I don't see schools like BC, Duke, UVA, Miami and Wake (the academic schools) going ahead with fall sports if the students aren't on campus.

Could not give you a like but unfortunately think you are right

Topps I agree, just looking at it realistically. It APPEARS at least for now MLB is going to plow ahead, even w/Marlins outbreak. Theyre going to beef-up Covid safety guidelines even more....OFC

really nice pick up today. cameron bergeron CB 6'180 lbs from georgia commits. wasnt even on the 247 list. 10 P5 (duke, colorado, kansas, minnesota, mizzu, pitt, purdue, tenn, vandy and wake) plus high academic offers like yale and harvard. really happy about this get. i think dbs are done now for the year. 87 from 247 and 5.6 from rivals

Last edited:
Thanks for the report about Rutgers. I've heard of many positive tests at Clemson, LSU, UNC, et al. I don't want to get yelled at... I'm just asking, have any college players become critically ill?

welp jacob rimmer (ol) is no longer listed on the roster. great prospect who never recovered from an early shoulder injury. duke is now at 80 schollies for this year.

welp jacob rimmer (ol) is no longer listed on the roster. great prospect who never recovered from an early shoulder injury. duke is now at 80 schollies for this year.
Our offensive linemen don't seem to measure up to expectations do they? Whether due to injuries, under performance or whatever. It's a major problem in my opinion.

Seems like our DEPTH is definitely taking a toll there even before our ,"proposed" season.... OFC

I don't know anything about Wyatt. I do know that NFL long snappers can make a very nice salary for doing very little work. The new rules protect them from getting hit. A free year of education with the chance of playing in the NFL sounds great to me

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT