ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

BANG BANG BANG BANG. thats right all caps baby. huge get for duke. zonovan knight rb 6' 183 lb instate signee. ranked as the 181 player in 19 by rivals and 300 by 247. HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE.
offers include nc state, tenn, bc, ecu, illini, louisville, maryland, uva, wake

Last edited:
double bang bang!! donavon greene 6'2'' 183 lb wr from mount airy commits. offers from ecu, nc state, unc, notre dame and wake. his recruitment was really starting to build. another really good instate get
so this now gives us per rivals the #8 #17 #22 and #43 instate recruits already

Last edited:
triple bang bang. isaiah kemp 6'2'' 175 db from wilmington commits. wow we are doing great in state. offers include ecu, uga, miss st. nc state, unc, tenn and uva. ranked #24 in nc

Reactions: hart2chesson
Surf, how many of these do you expect to hold? I know football comkits can flip pretty frequently.

as always it will come down to how we play during the season. we seem to be getting some instate kids who are really pushing the duke brand to fellow recruits right now. it was gunnar last year and this year jacob and tony d seem to have adopted that role. i feel that this group will hang in there unless we go 4 or less wins. we lost a big recruit last year but when he committed his offers really didnt match his high rating. when he started getting big time offers he wavered. these guys already have some really good offers. we also need to see how the rest of the recruiting goes. right now all these guys are good and highly thought of. if we keep adding this level of talent i think that it makes it easier for kids to stick. no one is looking around and saying where is my help.

Reactions: dbav
so sitting around last night full of energy after the bball win, football commits, mlax win and the baseball teams seventh straight win i started looking at the roster and came to the realization as to how deep, young and talented our front 4 are on the dl. i dont think i have ever seen us this deep with talent and size. three 4 star guys in this group plus a couple of underrated guys.

DE
drew jordan , terrell lucas, chidi okonya
DT
egdar cerenod, derrick tangelo, tahj rice
DT
trevon mcswain, axel nyembwe, elijah brown
DE
victor dimukeje, tre hornbuckle, twazanga mugala

i dont have ben frye listed because i really dont know where he will end up. he was the high school wrestler that was 6'3'' 255 lb who said he could easily put on the weight to be a dt or stay at de weight. he redshirted last year and i just dont know where the coaches will want him. we have 2 dts that will be seniors in edgar and trevon so we will need to add depth there. twanza will be a redshirt junior with very little chance of playing so he may graduate and move on. i think that i would like him too add weight and follow the mike ramsey path. if thats the case then we hopefully get two strong de and one dt in this recruiting group. if they keep him at de then we need two dt and one de. whatever the case i like what is happening these days

Last edited:
Reactions: Whutadrag2 and dbav
double bang bang!! donavon greene 6'2'' 183 lb wr from mount airy commits. offers from ecu, nc state, unc, notre dame and wake. his recruitment was really starting to build. another really good instate get
so this now gives us per rivals the #8 #17 #22 and #43 instate recruits already
I've seen this player quite a bit. He is a really good athlete and will probably be on the field his freshman year. He has been coached by one of the best in our area.

just a few tidbits coming out of spring practices. ben frye is playing inside so add him to DT depth charts. i really like this move.
jeremy mcduffie is still hurt from last season and is not practicing with the team. there have been a few rumblings he might redshirt this season to recover from that achillies injury. also there is some talk that will taylor might be done for his career. that is a shame because he showed great potential.
also donavon greene has moved up to 247 sports top 100. he is just a great athlete who at 6'3'' is going to end up being a stud. he wants to be an early enrollee so watch out for him next year.

Donavon Greene will help us with his size and athletic ability. He was dunking a basketball in middle school and is a good basketball player. Sounds like Duke is improving on signing in state talent.

bang!!! really good pick up tonight. eli pancol from indiana. 6'4'' 185lb wr. offers from vandy, purdue, northwestern, louisville, iowa, indiana, cincy and lots of meac schools. 4 star on 247. we are really starting to get size and athletes at our skill positions.

Reactions: dbav and skysdad
bang!!! really good pick up tonight. eli pancol from indiana. 6'4'' 185lb wr. offers from vandy, purdue, northwestern, louisville, iowa, indiana, cincy and lots of meac schools. 4 star on 247. we are really starting to get size and athletes at our skill positions.

Excellent news we've needed some height at wideout! Remember Eron Riley??!! OFC

Reactions: skysdad
just reading more about eli. another really good athlete who just started to play football in high school. per his coach last year was first full season and he is just getting bigger and stronger. says he has a strong motor and really wants the football in the clutch. evidently another bball player with big ups. his coach says he is spending lots of time in the weight room and is getting stronger and stronger. between eli and donavon we are adding really quality guys with lots of upside at the wr spots. also it seems thar gerad parker was huge in landing him so the coaching changes are helping with recruiting.

just reading more about eli. another really good athlete who just started to play football in high school. per his coach last year was first full season and he is just getting bigger and stronger. says he has a strong motor and really wants the football in the clutch. evidently another bball player with big ups. his coach says he is spending lots of time in the weight room and is getting stronger and stronger. between eli and donavon we are adding really quality guys with lots of upside at the wr spots. also it seems thar gerad parker was huge in landing him so the coaching changes are helping with recruiting.

Good stuff Surf! Thanks much! Can hardly wait for next year! OFC

Reactions: kingbluedevil
just a little more info on eli. 3 sport guy. also on track team. has a best of 6'3'' on high jump and a long jump of 20' 11''. i dont know how that stacks up. do we have any track guys that can give us info?

i have not heard or seen anything about him pisgah. he sure does have nice size. the only thing i have seen or read about a te this year is darrell harding, a 6' 4'' 200 lb wr, who in an interview mentioned that duke wanted him to grow into a te/wr hybrid which would be cool because our te signing last year was more of a blocker/short yardage type guy. to me it seems that duke has identified some good/ranked players this year and we are getting them to commit for a change. as long as this roll keeps happening lets enjoy it.

Watched some of the showcase today. LB’s are going to dominate, the D in general should be solid. Oline has time to gel, but that FG unit is ughhh.
Missed 1 XP and another just squeezed thru. Hope it’s not a repeat of 2016 for the special teams.

Reactions: skysdad
i know that rivals never updates duke football recruits rankings but one they should/need to look at is jacob monk. last week at the ''opening in charlotte'' he was a force. never lost a one on one battle and got the second highest rating of the year for an offensive lineman in any and all of the events so far. also got listed as one of the top 5 offensive players for any position. per one observer he is just bigger, stronger and quicker than he was a year ago.

bang bang a new recruit in the fold. jordan waters a 6'1'' 192lb athlete from fairmont nc commits today. he plays both wr and db but duke wants him as a safety. kinda underrated because he hadnt done many camps yet but will this summer. this is now our sixth kid from nc. going well.

bang bang a new recruit in the fold. jordan waters a 6'1'' 192lb athlete from fairmont nc commits today. he plays both wr and db but duke wants him as a safety. kinda underrated because he hadnt done many camps yet but will this summer. this is now our sixth kid from nc. going well.

Good deal Surf! Those wins over the 'holes and Wake are coming up BIG per in-state recruiting! OFC

so espn just came out with their player evals. donavon greene 80, tony davis 79, jacob monk 78, zonovan knight 78, eli pancol 77, isaiah kemp 76 and jalen alexander 76. all mid to upper 3 star with dg being our lone 4 star. not to suprised but zonovan seems low to me.

So the mom of the guy that goes to my former high school put a picture up of him at a Duke visit (junior day maybe?) with a personalized Duke jersey on. Be so cool if he picks up an offer

Reactions: hart2chesson
Next year's schedule...

Army
At Northwestern
At Baylor
NC Central
Virginia Tech
At Georgia Tech
Virginia
At Pitt
At Miami
UNC
At Clemson
Wake Forest

I see nine wins being possible. Would love to see us upset Miami and VT, I think that puts us in the conference title game. Of course, that likely means Clemson twice unless they get surprised.

Next year's schedule...

Army
At Northwestern
At Baylor
NC Central
Virginia Tech
At Georgia Tech
Virginia
At Pitt
At Miami
UNC
At Clemson
Wake Forest

I see nine wins being possible. Would love to see us upset Miami and VT, I think that puts us in the conference title game. Of course, that likely means Clemson twice unless they get surprised.
With big changes in staff, all anyone can do is speculate. My rank speculation is as follows: Sure wins: Army, NCCU, UVA, Wake; Toss-ups: NW, Baylor, Pitt, UNC, Ga Tech; Unlikely W's: Va Tech, Miami, Clemson. Season: 7 - 5.

With big changes in staff, all anyone can do is speculate. My rank speculation is as follows: Sure wins: Army, NCCU, UVA, Wake; Toss-ups: NW, Baylor, Pitt, UNC, Ga Tech; Unlikely W's: Va Tech, Miami, Clemson. Season: 7 - 5.

I would pretty much agree with your assessment, and be satisfied. Cut was quoted recently as saying this is his "fastest and deepest" Duke squad yet.

OFC

We really need bracey to do something this year. Did he rs his freshman year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT