ADVERTISEMENT

DRAFT NIGHT

I'm really happy for Tatum to not have to go to your typical team drafting in the top 3.

He's officially trade bait for the pacers Paul George. Poor Jayson, was hoping for better for him. Oh well, want to be 1 and done...

He's officially trade bait for the pacers Paul George. Poor Jayson, was hoping for better for him. Oh well, want to be 1 and done...

I don't think the Celtics are going to trade him for George. Ainge has been too forward thinking to trade one of the draft picks he has worked so hard to get for a 1-year rental that might not even be enough to get them past the Cavs.

I don't think the Celtics are going to trade him for George. Ainge has been too forward thinking to trade one of the draft picks he has worked so hard to get for a 1-year rental that might not even be enough to get them past the Cavs.

Check Adrian wojo's twitter, says it's all but done.

He's not usually ever wrong.

I thought frank would get drafted above Luke.. that's what the joker told me anyway. I hope the celtics don't trade Tatum

Reactions: timo0402
I remember Ivan Rabb being a top 5 kid out of high school. I'm surprised he is still waiting to be called.

Wait.. so, you mean to tell me.. Frank Jackson wasn't drafted in the 1st round???

All kidding aside.. glad he was drafted at 31 to the Hornets.

There was definitely talk that Frank stayed in the draft because he got a first round promise... so much for that. He didn't seem happy at first to fall to the 2nd round.

Never mind just traded to New Orleans

He seems disappointed. I'm sure not going in the first round is tough for him. He seems like the type that will use it as motivation moving forward though.

I really think Frank could've been a first rounder in 2018, but I can't fault him for leaving.

The ACC is killing it thus far

Reactions: LH24ND
Also in somewhat Duke related news, Semi Ojeleye did not get taken in the first round either. It seemed like he was gaining steam as a first round prospect during the pre-draft process. I'm really interested in seeing where Jordan Bell gets drafted.

Reactions: Quavarius
IF Amile Jefferson gets drafted, it will break the school record for most Duke players taken in one draft. 1999 had 4.

He seems disappointed. I'm sure not going in the first round is tough for him. He seems like the type that will use it as motivation moving forward though.
Would have been a lottery pick next year, oh well. When does he go on his Mormon mission?

Also in somewhat Duke related news, Semi Ojeleye did not get taken in the first round either. It seemed like he was gaining steam as a first round prospect during the pre-draft process. I'm really interested in seeing where Jordan Bell gets drafted.

Hopefully Bell goes to a contender because he has the talent and measureables to help a team get to a conference finals spot. I'd love to see him with the Rockets as a cleanup guy.

Man the Celtics get the breaks don't they? Semi will make that team and thrive in that system in a couple of years. I'm assuming they'll send him to the G-League first but he'll get called up sooner rather than later. He's basically the same played as Crowder.

I wouldn't call his decision a screw up. He is in a decent situation in New Orleans and he has openings in the backcourt to carve out a role.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Jonah Bolden could be this drafts Draymond, Millsap, [insert second rounder who becomes a star].

I hope he has a great career but he woulda been first round and made more money by coming back. School isn't for everyone

Frank definitely screwed up. He wasn't a first rounder and decided to leave after a year. For how much credit we give to guys taking guaranteed money by being a first rounder this guys decision was a huge head scratcher. Next year's draft is weaker and now he's got no guaranteed contract and I think he'll bounce around In the d league. Best of luck to him though hope he proves me wrong he's a great kid.

Reactions: pisgah101
I hope he has a great career but he woulda been first round and made more money by coming back. School isn't for everyone
I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree. Getting drafted in the 2nd round is worthless and you're almost better off not getting drafted and being an UFA. Say what you want but I can tell you that this move was at absolute most generous, questionable .

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT