ADVERTISEMENT

Dominican Republic trip cancelled

I'd rather him get the surgery now then during the season, but this would have been a great thing to let Capel handle the coaching duties in DR.

I hope this isn't a bad omen - I don't want another season derailed by illness and injury right out of the gate like last year!

Zero reason to not let the kids go. NCAA is laughable talking about doing things for the kids. It's all about the coaches. Just about every rule is in favor of the coaches or have the coaches in mind on top of them getting millions. Smh

Reactions: pisgah101
Damn this sucks. I was looking forward to this trip also, BUT Coach K matters more to me than any trip so with that said I am glad that he did what was best for him and our season!

Hope for a speedy recovery Coach K!

Zero reason to not let the kids go. NCAA is laughable talking about doing things for the kids. It's all about the coaches. Just about every rule is in favor of the coaches or have the coaches in mind on top of them getting millions. Smh

You seem reely upset

If it wasn't for Duke basketball, I would never support the NCAA with another dollar or television rating.

Damn was really looking forward to this!! Hope Coach has a speedy recover and gets right before the start of the season.

Reactions: Quavarius
Coack K seems like he's taking one for the team. I bet ya'll there's some other reason we're not wanting to go and this is a PR cover. I'm sure he needs the surgery, but the timing makes no sense. He could've done it earlier. It's not like the pain just started.

Question: does this count as our once per 4 year trip now that we've been granted early practices?

Reactions: hart2chesson
Coack K seems like he's taking one for the team. I bet ya'll there's some other reason we're not wanting to go and this is a PR cover. I'm sure he needs the surgery, but the timing makes no sense. He could've done it earlier. It's not like the pain just started.

Question: does this count as our once per 4 year trip now that we've been granted early practices?

I'm sure being in the gym and getting face time with recruits was more important. Maybe he thought he could go to DR and get the surgery AFTER the trip but maybe his body/Doctor said it would be best to do it now.

I'd rather him get the surgery now then during the season, but this would have been a great thing to let Capel handle the coaching duties in DR.

I agree. Get it fixed and move on. If we would have went and end up winning the natty the thr board would be running over with that being a big advantage and the reason we won the natty. I'm serious. OFC

Reactions: Quavarius
I want K healthy, and he sounds like he has a really good plan. I am disappointed as a DUKE FAN naturally, and did think it would be a good experience for Coach Capel. I am just a fan w/an opinion though, and dont know the whole story. Speedy recovery Coach K!!!!

OFC

Problem I see is K has missed a lot of time over the last couple years for various reasons...and it's a problem with team continuity...

Problem I see is K has missed a lot of time over the last couple years for various reasons...and it's a problem with team continuity...
I see what you're saying. Since the 2010 Title team, it's been nothing but difficult times for him and the program.
His involvement with the Olympics, very time consuming even though it's helped with recruiting.
2011---Irving's injury and only playing 11? games
2012--Chemistry between Rivers and upperclassmen
2013--Ryan Kelly injury
2014--Death of his brother
2015--Dismissal of Sulaimon in middle of season, but wins it all.
2016--Jefferson injury
2017--We know already
He's 70, not 45, and I'm wondering how much longer he wants to deal with this

Willing to bet he asked his team and talked to them and came up with a gameplan on when it's best to do this..this was a team decision. Guarantee ..just how k is.if the team really really wanted to go or was worried about it they would go..not important to me either .get well soon k.

Willing to bet he asked his team and talked to them and came up with a gameplan on when it's best to do this..this was a team decision. Guarantee ..just how k is.if the team really really wanted to go or was worried about it they would go..not important to me either .get well soon k.

IPsycho, an excellent post, maybe your best post ever. Don't believe for a minute that K would have stopped the team from going (without him) if they really wanted to. Thinking K is that selfish...that's what THR is for.

OFC

IPsycho, an excellent post, maybe your best post ever. Don't believe for a minute that K would have stopped the team from going (without him) if they really wanted to. Thinking K is that selfish...that's what THR is for.

OFC

Right

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT