ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone else have that feeling...

BlueDevils725

Starter
Jan 12, 2015
That we're going to get #6 this year? The past 2 titles we got, have been through outstanding PG and Center play. This year we have the best PG, and an amazing big man. You throw Marvin Bagley on top of that, I think It could get ugly for the ACC.
Last years chemistry and injuries really screwed us, but this year should be different.

Hearing Bagley talk about the brotherhood and how it sold him to our school should be music to any Duke fans ears!

SnappyFocusedAnnelid.gif

I support this thread. I can't guarantee we'll get it, but if we don't have another nightmare scenario (like last year) , I like our chances.

OFC

I think we will too! If everything pans out like it should(chemistry, health of team) then I don't see whose stopping us. In fact while we are at it, how many losses do you guys see us getting this year? If everything thing goes as planned, I think we lose 4 maybe 5 games.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I think we will too! If everything pans out like it should(chemistry, health of team) then I don't see whose stopping us. In fact while we are at it, how many losses do you guys see us getting this year? If everything thing goes as planned, I think we lose 4 maybe 5 games.

It's tough to predict because I don't know how long it'll take for this team to come together with all it's new parts. That said, I'll say 3 to 5 games.

OFC

We will be really good this year. Bagely would be starting on most if not all NBA teams this upcoming season.

Tent Jr and Allen can shot it from three and Duval can get in the lane at will. Duval, Carter Jr, Bagley Jr., and Trent Jr are all physically mature from their age and so is Jordan Tucker.

It will be a more complete team than last year. Jefferson and Jones while good role players wouldn't see much of the floor this year. Jefferson couldn't shot from three feet out and Jones became a one dimensional player. Addition by subtraction. Like when Sheed left in 2015.

Our starting 5 all can score 15 to 20 plus points on any given night. Bagely and Carter Jr are both great rebounders can stretch the floor and both are great defensive end.

We will go about 7 or 8 deep next year.

We will be really good this year. Bagely would be starting on most if not all NBA teams this upcoming season.

Tent Jr and Allen can shot it from three and Duval can get in the lane at will. Duval, Carter Jr, Bagley Jr., and Trent Jr are all physically mature from their age and so is Jordan Tucker.

It will be a more complete team than last year. Jefferson and Jones while good role players wouldn't see much of the floor this year. Jefferson couldn't shot from three feet out and Jones became a one dimensional player. Addition by subtraction. Like when Sheed left in 2015.

Our starting 5 all can score 15 to 20 plus points on any given night. Bagely and Carter Jr are both great rebounders can stretch the floor and both are great defensive end.

We will go about 7 or 8 deep next year.
I think you're spot on with your post. I hope Bolden is ready to show some fight to go along with his dominant size. I also hope Allen is the leader we need him to be. If they all buy in to putting the team first then we will be in for a great season.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Is it definite that Bagley will play this year. I keep seeing things that his reclassification hasn't been officially ok'ed. OFC

The last thing I read said he had some course work to complete, and ten submit to the NCAA. It said he would then receive an encrypted email from them with their decision. It did not say when we would know

I agree w/Mac really good post Tloss.Much more complete and I truly think your "addition by subtraction" theory applies here. That's not in ANYWAY to diminish roles of Amile and Matt. You dont soon forget four year exemplary SA's like those guys.

OFC

That we're going to get #6 this year? The past 2 titles we got, have been through outstanding PG and Center play. This year we have the best PG, and an amazing big man. You throw Marvin Bagley on top of that, I think It could get ugly for the ACC.
Last years chemistry and injuries really screwed us, but this year should be different.

Hearing Bagley talk about the brotherhood and how it sold him to our school should be music to any Duke fans ears!

I have that feeling every year. I really do think we can win it every year.OFC

I think all the parts are there to win a championship but here are some questions:
1) will K build a deep rotation? Hard to argue with a guy who has 5 rings but I think that has hurt him lately in the post season.
2) point guard will be the key: can he defend? Can he shoot 3's if the defense packs it in? Can he hit free throws down the stretch (lot of pressure on a freshman)?
3) interior defense should be a strength but who will defend on the perimeter?

Overplay really has to go. It probably won't, unfortunately, but it needs to go the way of the dinosaur.

I think all the parts are there to win a championship but here are some questions:
1) will K build a deep rotation? Hard to argue with a guy who has 5 rings but I think that has hurt him lately in the post season.
2) point guard will be the key: can he defend? Can he shoot 3's if the defense packs it in? Can he hit free throws down the stretch (lot of pressure on a freshman)?
3) interior defense should be a strength but who will defend on the perimeter?

1/Definitely has the elements in place IMO to go 8 or even 9 deep IMO.....I would love to see him settle into a solid 8 in March...
"Eight is Enough."

2/Have a feeling Trey can definitely do some serious defending on the opposing PG.Know he needs to improve his shot from outside, and I like his tenacity and certainly think he will work to better this part of his game.If I am K I show this man some Tyus Tape down the stretch of '15 games per clutch fts.
3/I look for Grayson as a SENIOR to lead our D on the perimeter in a sound manner w/good communication skills on the floor!

OFC

I'm confident we win it all if we're healthy. The last time I felt that way was 2002. It didn't work out that year, but Boozer did get fouled.

Reactions: dukehokie
Grayson and Trent Jr. are really important in regard to preventing defenses from packing it in on us. Pack it in on Trevon, and he can reverse it to Grayson. If his man lays off, he can hit the 3. If his man crowds him, he can attack off of the dribble. If Trent is on the other wing or somewhere else on the perimeter, his man cant slack off if he is reliable, not great from 3. Duke should also almost always have at least one of Carter/Bagley on the floor. Their versatility and scoring ability from at least 2 levels should more than keep defenses honest on the inside and with the pick and roll.

Even with a packed in D and a missed shot, I like jour chances with the UNC offense. Get the O rebound and put it back. Carter, Bagley, Bolden, and Javin/Vrank should be able to excel at that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT