ADVERTISEMENT

DI meet up

What I need to know who is serious about this and if so we need to pick a date. I've been through this before. Let's start by finding out who is coming and picking a date. way up in the thread I suggested Sept. 22nd at The Cutting Board in Burlington, N.C.If that is ok then let's start getting some solid commits . If this thing is not going to go down let's decide on that. We need some way to keep up with those who will come.OFC
I can make 9/22 in Burlington and am committed if any member of the OFC will be there.

Reactions: hpnole and skysdad
Don't mean to sidetrack this thread, but is anyone going to the Maui Invitational this year? Thinking about convincing all of my family to do Thanksgiving in Maui.

Last edited:
Reactions: bullcity gamer
Don't mean to sidestrack this thread, but is anyone going to the Maui Invitational this year? Thinking about convincing all of my family to do Thanksgiving in Maui.
If you need a personal body guard or someone to keep you company at the game....I’m down to go.

I had the same idea cross my mind sgrooms, of flying out there Sunday and flying back Thursday, unsure though.

My wife and I are planning to go.

What hotel do you recommend? I usually do the Sheraton because of the snorkeling at Black Rock, but I'd change if there's a hotel the team and/or fans usually stay in. That's if we don't just get an Airbnb to fit everyone.

Also, are tickets hard to come by? Asking more about availability than price. That civic center is pretty small.

I had the same idea cross my mind sgrooms, of flying out there Sunday and flying back Thursday, unsure though.

We seem to find a reason (excuse?) to make a preseason game every year. Last year we had a close friend move to Portland, so we spent Thanksgiving with him, and just happened to go to the PK80 while we were there (at least that's what we told him). The year before was easier, my wife hadn't been to Cameron and she's an MSU alum. Thanksgiving in Maui might be a stretch, but I'm sure we'll come up with something.

Reactions: bullcity gamer
What hotel do you recommend? I usually do the Sheraton because of the snorkeling at Black Rock, but I'd change if there's a hotel the team and/or fans usually stay in. That's if we don't just get an Airbnb to fit everyone.

Also, are tickets hard to come by? Asking more about availability than price. That civic center is pretty small.

Always stay where the team stays. The Duke basketball office will share that info. The last two times they’ve stayed at the Hyatt.

We’ve always done the Maui ‘Duke’ package and get two tickets to each Duke game. Where are you in relation to Durham? One time we actually took the team charter out of RDU, which is an option.

The Lahaina Civic Center is really small. It’s basically a high school gym, but it’s really cool. I can’t comment on getting tickets or how hard they are to come by....we’ve always gone through the Invitational website.

Always stay where the team stays. The Duke basketball office will share that info. The last two times they’ve stayed at the Hyatt.

We’ve always done the Maui ‘Duke’ package and get two tickets to each Duke game. Where are you in relation to Durham? One time we actually took the team charter out of RDU, which is an option.

The Lahaina Civic Center is really small. It’s basically a high school gym, but it’s really cool. I can’t comment on getting tickets or how hard they are to come by....we’ve always gone through the Invitational website.

Thanks for the info. We'll likely do the same package for tickets. Looks like they go on sale in August. We're in California and Arizona, so the team charter won't work us.

What I need to know who is serious about this and if so we need to pick a date. I've been through this before. Let's start by finding out who is coming and picking a date. way up in the thread I suggested Sept. 22nd at The Cutting Board in Burlington, N.C.If that is ok then let's start getting some solid commits . If this thing is not going to go down let's decide on that. We need some way to keep up with those who will come.OFC
I should be good

I will start a list of who can make it on certain days and figure out what day we can get the most there. OFC

Don't mean to sidetrack this thread, but is anyone going to the Maui Invitational this year? Thinking about convincing all of my family to do Thanksgiving in Maui.

I’ll be there as well for at least the first two games.

Reactions: sgrooms
I’ve been looking into Maui also. If I can swing it with work then I’ll probably go.

Reactions: sgrooms
Right now it looks like Oct. 6th is the best date but only 4 have said they would come. Need more than that. Anyone else that can come let me know. We need at least 8 or more. OFC

I’ve been working out on the heavy bag getting ready for the event. Not sure if I’m going with brass knuckles or the Tong Po method ( rosin and crushed glass.)

You may need both.....I think there's several gunning for ya!!

Show and crazy4life are you saying you guys will be coming on Oct. 6th?

Here's the guys committed so far on Oct. 6

QC
KingBlueDevil
Skysdad
Toppscoach

Skysdad, KingBlueDevil and Topps coach can make it both on Sept. 22nd.
Dukedenver can come 9/22 only and QC can come on 10/6 only. If Dukedenver and QC can make both then we will have 5 attending. If show and crazy can come we will have seven. Can anyone elese make it. OFC

QC
KingBlueDevil
Skysdad
Toppscoach

Dukedenver can come 9/22 only and QC can come on 10/6 only. If Dukedenver and QC can make both then we will have 5 attending. If show and crazy can come we will have seven. Can anyone elese make it. OFC
Lord willing I am

Reactions: skysdad
Unless something comes up, count me in for 10/6. Look forward to putting faces with names.

QC
KingBlueDevil
Skysdad
Toppscoach

I can make it on the sept date.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT