ADVERTISEMENT

DI meet up

If there would be an evening home football game at Duke would anyone be interested in going after we ate?

Reactions: Dad2ze
I'm a VA boy, so I won't be making it down, but you guys have a blast!

I do not post often, but I follow most of you on DI. I would like to meet as many of you as possible. I am only 30 minutes from Burlington and would very much enjoy a meeting.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
If everything goes according to schedule I will be off Sat. 9/8, 9/22. In case you guys want it later. 10/6,10/20/11/3,11/17. OFC

Guys, our get together is growing, and I believe the crowd is going to be tremendous. I just got off the phone with JB Smooth, and he is wanting to bury the hatchet on the trouble he may have caused earlier this past season. He says we can use Elon College's football stadium as our meeting place. He says he will cater the food in at a low cost for each of us.

Details on payments to his account will be online soon. He sounded more excited to make this fun filled day happen than we are.

Guys, our get together is growing, and I believe the crowd is going to be tremendous. I just got off the phone with JB Smooth, and he is wanting to bury the hatchet on the trouble he may have caused earlier this past season. He says we can use Elon College's football stadium as our meeting place. He says he will cater the food in at a low cost for each of us.

Details on payments to his account will be online soon. He sounded more excited to make this fun filled day happen than we are.

I'm afraid jb smooth may be setting us up for an ambush from thr .I don't fight but if Show can come and if he can pretty much put one of them out of commission I will start kicking him while he is on the ground. Yes I will be a dirty fighter. To be honest thr lurks here and I know a lot of them are close to Burlington and once we make
a decision on the day, time and eatery they may show up. LOL Wouldn't that be sumpin? If this does happen I can send them to Hursey's BBQ because they serve "nanner puddin" OFC

Sky is in negotiations with Roy's wife Wanda to cater the 'naner puddin! OFC

Had a deal but hof coach roy williams turned it down. I thought I would try to make a good impression by wearing a suit and tie and hof roy williams said I was making fun of the way he dressed especially my tie. I wore a paisley tie with Mickey Mouse's face entwined in the scheme. What a jerk. Who doesn't love Mickey Mouse. OFC

Had a deal but hof coach roy williams turned it down. I thought I would try to make a good impression by wearing a suit and tie and hof roy williams said I was making fun of the way he dressed especially my tie. I wore a paisley tie with Mickey Mouse's face entwined in the scheme. What a jerk. Who doesn't love Mickey Mouse. OFC

That's Roy for ya Sky. Must have been upset your character on the tie didnt resemble his cartoon lookalike, ol' huckleberry hound!

#WandaKnew

OFC

Guys, our meeting has now turned into a possible field day of events. It seems our beloved JB smoothie has been in contact with the other 2 esteemed sites, thr and rr. He claims to have several of their posters wanting a track & field day. He's still trying to get his online account set up, so don't pay yet.
I'm setting up the events that we will be on the agenda and who will be representing DI.
1-Wheel barrel race. Socal and Dachamp. Socal insists on Dachamp riding first with him pushing. I have a bad feeling this one ends in a quick wreck.
2-Hurdles. Quavarius. Think he's athletic, his avatar makes me think so. Believe he redeems our wheel barrel disaster.
3-Pole Vault. Sky. I'm putting nanner pudding on the cross bar. He will grab it off bar without any problems, and no pudding will get spilled. Top 10 Sportscenter play.
4-Javelin. Ipsychosis. This one really concerns me. It would probably be in everyone's best interest to seek shelter prior.
5-Three legged race. Hart and Datt. Total disaster from the start, see #1.
6-Four x 1600 relay. Topps, QC Dukie, Pisgah, and Dukedenver. Will have a chance. I told Denver if we win, drinks on me.

There will be possibly more events. Paramedics will be on site, and will be very busy.

Guys, our meeting has now turned into a possible field day of events. It seems our beloved JB smoothie has been in contact with the other 2 esteemed sites, thr and rr. He claims to have several of their posters wanting a track & field day. He's still trying to get his online account set up, so don't pay yet.
I'm setting up the events that we will be on the agenda and who will be representing DI.
1-Wheel barrel race. Socal and Dachamp. Socal insists on Dachamp riding first with him pushing. I have a bad feeling this one ends in a quick wreck.
2-Hurdles. Quavarius. Think he's athletic, his avatar makes me think so. Believe he redeems our wheel barrel disaster.
3-Pole Vault. Sky. I'm putting nanner pudding on the cross bar. He will grab it off bar without any problems, and no pudding will get spilled. Top 10 Sportscenter play.
4-Javelin. Ipsychosis. This one really concerns me. It would probably be in everyone's best interest to seek shelter prior.
6-Four x 1600 relay. Topps, QC Dukie, Pisgah, and Dukedenver. Will have a chance. I told Denver if we win, drinks on me.

There will be possibly more events. Paramedics will be on site, and will be very busy.

THIS, is going to be tough to top! Personally I cant wait for the pole vault because I know how much Sky LOVES 'Naner Puddin! OFC

Haha Mac. Great post. Love it!

Have a few requirements to me to run.A defibrillator and good looking nurse for mouth to mouth

That I did. Are you in the Buchanan area? Or Botetourt.

Yes sir I am.

Lee has been solid the last two years. Runner-up this year to McClung's Gate City team, and champs the year before. George got good time this year for Marshall, and I think Vaughn is going to be a solid player at ODU.

Is the younger Hatcher still their coach? He was last year, but then wasn't this year. What happened there?

Yes sir I am.

Lee has been solid the last two years. Runner-up this year to McClung's Gate City team, and champs the year before. George got good time this year for Marshall, and I think Vaughn is going to be a solid player at ODU.

Is the younger Hatcher still their coach? He was last year, but then wasn't this year. What happened there?

They’ve had two great back to back seasons but McClung is a buzzsaw and they ran right into it. Still had a chance in that game.

Jarrett was the coach, then drove drunk and was removed from the position. He was my history/civics teacher for 4 years and is a great guy but that was a dumb decision. Currently my cousin is the head JV coach and assistant and a former assistant is the current head coach. We’ll see what they can get out of these guys coming up next season. Vaughan is a good kid and he’ll have a nice career at ODU if he’s patient.

Botetourt and Lee had a few battles back in the early ‘90’s. I remember playing basketball at my house pretending it was Lee vs Botetourt. Lee always won by the way haha.

Reactions: HuffyJB
They’ve had two great back to back seasons but McClung is a buzzsaw and they ran right into it. Still had a chance in that game.

Jarrett was the coach, then drove drunk and was removed from the position. He was my history/civics teacher for 4 years and is a great guy but that was a dumb decision. Currently my cousin is the head JV coach and assistant and a former assistant is the current head coach. We’ll see what they can get out of these guys coming up next season. Vaughan is a good kid and he’ll have a nice career at ODU if he’s patient.

Botetourt and Lee had a few battles back in the early ‘90’s. I remember playing basketball at my house pretending it was Lee vs Botetourt. Lee always won by the way haha.

Oh ok, I was wondering why he was the coach of a championship team, and then not coaching the next year.

I think ODU got a steal with Vaughn. I watched their wins in the quarters, semis and finals during the championship year, and though George was the state POY, Vaughn was the best player on the floor each game. He has an emotional edge that can really get him going. He will need to harness it more at the college level, but you love the fire.

I didn't actually go to Botetourt, I went to the smaller school in the north end of the county. We are in Lee's current classification (2A), and Botetourt is 3A. If you played them in the early 90s, that was probably when Bobby Prince was there right?

Oh ok, I was wondering why he was the coach of a championship team, and then not coaching the next year.

I think ODU got a steal with Vaughn. I watched their wins in the quarters, semis and finals during the championship year, and though George was the state POY, Vaughn was the best player on the floor each game. He has an emotional edge that can really get him going. He will need to harness it more at the college level, but you love the fire.

I didn't actually go to Botetourt, I went to the smaller school in the north end of the county. We are in Lee's current classification (2A), and Botetourt is 3A. If you played them in the early 90s, that was probably when Bobby Prince was there right?

Prince is the only guy I remember. And I wasn’t playing then. I was in grade school. My brother played then though. I do remember Prince. Lee was a juggernaut and Botetourt gave Lee issues.

Ok guys if you are serious about this meeting of the board. Let's pick a Sat. or even a weekday most likely in Sept. Seems like my hometown is pretty centrally located and The Cutting Board Rest. can meet our needs (something for everyone. You can google The Cutting Board and see the menu.) If I can get a decent count and a confirmed day then I can call and get a room reserved. The more the better. Over the next few weeks let's gather the info and the dates and move forward. We tried this a couple of years ago and it just fizzled out. So either we do it or we don't . In other words @#^$ or get off the pot. OFC

Ok guys if you are serious about this meeting of the board. Let's pick a Sat. or even a weekday most likely in Sept. Seems like my hometown is pretty centrally located and The Cutting Board Rest. can meet our needs (something for everyone. You can google The Cutting Board and see the menu.) If I can get a decent count and a confirmed day then I can call and get a room reserved. The more the better. Over the next few weeks let's gather the info and the dates and move forward. We tried this a couple of years ago and it just fizzled out. So either we do it or we don't . In other words @#^$ or get off the pot. OFC
Can we invite jbsmooth?

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT