ADVERTISEMENT

DI meet up

topps coach

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Lexington sc
every off season we talk about arranging a lunch meeting for regular DI posters but it always falls though.Would love for it to happen this year.What do do we have to do to make it happen?I for one would love to put some faces on my DI friends

Reactions: DukeDenver
I am ready to meet some old and new Dukies plus renew some friendships. Count me in for traveling up to 2 hours from my home in Fayetteville NC for a meet up. Ideally wouldn't somewhere in central NC be good for most.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I wish I lived closer to NC. I’m planning on taking my dad and wife to the Duke vs UNC game at Duke next year. I’d love to meet some of you then. I’m definitely gonna do my best to meet up with Dirt.

If any of you are ever in Washington or Oregon let me know.

Last edited:
I just booked my rooms for the State Farm Champions Classic. Hopefully I can meet up with some of you November 5th-November 6th.

I am ready to meet some old and new Dukies plus renew some friendships. Count me in for traveling up to 2 hours from my home in Fayetteville NC for a meet up. Ideally wouldn't somewhere in central NC be good for most.

Everyone check out Burlington. Kind of in the center. OFC

Sky Burlington seems like the most central location You have any idea as to where we can meet for lunch and when it would be convenient

1st. I would like to get a sense of how many can make it and what we would like to eat. Hursey's BBQ is one of the top BBQ places in N.C. and one location has a separate room. Easy access off the interstate. Another place is East Coast Wings also easy access. Actually there are several good places. Hursey's doesn't serve alcohol though. There's The Cutting board which is actually on the interstate that could seat several of us. They have Chuck Burger that comes along with a great garnish bar as well as an expanded menu. There's an Olive Garden off the interstate. Most of these places would need to know ahead of time if we are going to have a pretty good group. Let's get a good sense of who can make it and go from there. OFC

I'm definitely interested. Burlington isn't that far from me. Sounds like it would be fun

Reactions: skysdad
3 and a half hours for me but if someone buys my dinner I might have to come :D also we need to invite coach k and see if we can get him there. How sweet would that be

1st. I would like to get a sense of how many can make it and what we would like to eat. Hursey's BBQ is one of the top BBQ places in N.C. and one location has a separate room. Easy access off the interstate. Another place is East Coast Wings also easy access. Actually there are several good places. Hursey's doesn't serve alcohol though. There's The Cutting board which is actually on the interstate that could seat several of us. They have Chuck Burger that comes along with a great garnish bar as well as an expanded menu. There's an Olive Garden off the interstate. Most of these places would need to know ahead of time if we are going to have a pretty good group. Let's get a good sense of who can make it and go from there. OFC
Sky I can come anytime and the food choices sounds good to me

Let's give this a week or so for all to see. Then we'll figure out a good day for everyone. What day of the week is good. I'm off most Mon. and Tues. I'm off every other Wed. and every other Thur. and Fri. in a row. I'm off every other Sat. I know Sat. can be filled up but weekdays most of you probably work so it's not going to be easy. we can sort of narrow it down then I can reserve a place. I'm thinking The Cutting Board for the variable menu and it's right beside then interstate and if I know for sure about when and how many I can go ahead and get us a room. Would love to see at least ten or more but at least 6-8. Confusing for sure but like I said let's give it a week or so for all to commit. OFC

Let's give this a week or so for all to see. Then we'll figure out a good day for everyone. What day of the week is good. I'm off most Mon. and Tues. I'm off every other Wed. and every other Thur. and Fri. in a row. I'm off every other Sat. I know Sat. can be filled up but weekdays most of you probably work so it's not going to be easy. we can sort of narrow it down then I can reserve a place. I'm thinking The Cutting Board for the variable menu and it's right beside then interstate and if I know for sure about when and how many I can go ahead and get us a room. Would love to see at least ten or more but at least 6-8. Confusing for sure but like I said let's give it a week or so for all to commit. OFC
Other than dates I mentioned I am good for any day that is convenient for everyone else

I would love to attend but my wife's health would be an issue for me.

Lived in Burlington for a couple years and was even acquainted with Sky forty plus years ago.

The Triad is in the middle of NC, just saying. I know me and @hpnole are up for a DI meet.
High Point has several pretty good places. Liberty steakhouse is a place several of us get together for events once or twice a year. You can make reservations for any number, and they have their own brewery. Menu is good also, anything from really good burgers on up. Just a suggestion. It is also close to 311 bypass which is part of I-74.

Me trying to figure out your work schedule:

6db.jpg

The Cutting board has a lot to offer. Steaks, burgers, primed rib, chicken, soup, strong salad bar and other good food. We don't need to have it in Burlington. The thing about Burl. is that just about everything is 5 minutes from the interstate. All places should be easy to get to. OFC

Reactions: hpnole
High Point has several pretty good places. Liberty steakhouse is a place several of us get together for events once or twice a year. You can make reservations for any number, and they have their own brewery. Menu is good also, anything from really good burgers on up. Just a suggestion. It is also close to 311 bypass which is part of I-74.

I know H.P. has some good rest. Been a a long time since I have eaten there. though. OFC

Not a real regular poster, but real regular reader and would love to make it if invited.
OFC

I think one of the Saturdays that you have off in September Sky would be a good time.

Sat. is good for me. I'll check my schedule and see what Sats. I'm off then. OFC

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT