ADVERTISEMENT

Devil DJ

harttochesson

All American
Dec 4, 2015
Just wanted to throw my two cents in for Devil DJ! He's been a real troubleshooter on the problems at UNC and I find his posts quite researched and informative....I saw where he took some pretty serious heat here the other day from a rival fan, and downright personal IMO....

While his posts may appear anti-UNC I notice he's always quick to point out if Duke were in the same position he would be quite upset....Just my viewpoint and I enjoy his exuberance in disseminating info...

Thx

OFC

He's not gonna forget and won't let anyone else forget. I thank him for that. He's like Columbo if any remembers that show. He's just relentless and there's always one more thing. OFC

Just wanted to throw my two cents in for Devil DJ! He's been a real troubleshooter on the problems at UNC and I find his posts quite researched and informative....I saw where he took some pretty serious heat here the other day from a rival fan, and downright personal IMO....

While his posts may appear anti-UNC I notice he's always quick to point out if Duke were in the same position he would be quite upset....Just my viewpoint and I enjoy his exuberance in disseminating info...

Thx

OFC
Amen. The personal attack by the rival troll was petty and completely uncalled for. Hopefully something happens if said troll continues such antics directed toward @DevilDJ (or other DI poasters) for merely reporting on a topic of interest. I'm all for an inclusive environment for rival posters, but not trolls here merely to troll and get threads they don't care for locked up,

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Amen. The personal attack by the rival troll was petty and completely uncalled for. Hopefully something happens if said troll continues such antics directed toward @DevilDJ (or other DI poasters) for merely reporting on a topic of interest. I'm all for an inclusive environment for rival posters, but not trolls here merely to troll and get threads they don't care for locked up,

Spot on Mark!!!

OFC

Maybe it's just me, but I also think the "don't feed the troll" and "put him on ignore" refrain is inappropriate. I don't understand enabling someone who clearly has an agenda over here focused on being a nuisance and derailing conversations. Especially when he has admitted it on multiple occasions. His words on OOTB:

[THR] ain't what it used to be. I might make a permanent move to DI. Annoying them is pretty fun

Reactions: skysdad
Maybe it's just me, but I also think the "don't feed the troll" and "put him on ignore" refrain is inappropriate. I don't understand enabling someone who clearly has an agenda over here focused on being a nuisance and derailing conversations. Especially when he has admitted it on multiple occasions. His words on OOTB:

[THR] ain't what it used to be. I might make a permanent move to DI. Annoying them is pretty fun
TBH I would think that enabling him is by responding to him. If you just dont respond to him I can't imagine he'd continue. If he's being ignored he's just wasting his time and would eventually be exposed to the fact that the only thing he wants to do is "discuss basketball."

Reactions: dbav
TBH I would think that enabling him is by responding to him. If you just dont respond to him I can't imagine he'd continue. If he's being ignored he's just wasting his time and would eventually be exposed to the fact that the only thing he wants to do is "discuss basketball."
I don't intend to make it harder for the mods on this board, but I do think a lot of us draw the line at personal insults of the variety he levied against @DevilDJ. Hence many of us responding to his unnecessary trolling. Especially when those insults and that trolling have led to two separate threads about UNC's academic issues being locked up.

Not to mention, what exactly has he added to this board in terms of substance? His post history indicates very little, and that is being extremely generous.

I don't intend to make it harder for the mods on this board, but I do think a lot of us draw the line at personal insults of the variety he levied against @DevilDJ. Hence many of us responding to his unnecessary trolling. Especially when those insults and that trolling have led to two separate threads about UNC's academic issues being locked up.

Not to mention, what exactly has he added to this board in terms of substance? His post history indicates very little, and that is being extremely generous.
I hear you. I still haven't popped my "ban a poster" cherry yet and agreed the personal insults are uncalled for. I guess the way I look at it in terms of locking up a thread is that when it just ends up going back and forth on personal insult vs. personal insult, it's time to lock it up. That's just where I see it personally. Can't speak for other mods. When it stops being about anything other than the back and forth bickering why keep it open.

I hear you. I still haven't popped my "ban a poster" cherry yet and agreed the personal insults are uncalled for. I guess the way I look at it in terms of locking up a thread is that when it just ends up going back and forth on personal insult vs. personal insult, it's time to lock it up. That's just where I see it personally. Can't speak for other mods. When it stops being about anything other than the back and forth bickering why keep it open.
Fair enough. I just question what he adds to substantive conversations on this board that would justify his continued presence considering his ongoing trolling and stated agenda. Ya'll have a tough enough job as it is without having to deal with many of us calling for him to be gone time and again.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Fair enough. I just question what he adds to substantive conversations on this board that would justify his continued presence considering his ongoing trolling and stated agenda. Ya'll have a tough enough job as it is without having to deal with many of us calling for him to be gone time and again.

I'll get off my soapbox now.
10-4

Reactions: Mark Gastineau

When it comes to the "THR Quotes" thread, please ban him (or anyone) before closing the thread. It is full of gems and needs to stay around. In addition, it could be someone's agenda to come and be a nuisance in an effort to get a thread they don't like locked. I think that has happened to Mark on the national board, in his threads about UNC's scandal. Some Heels come in and attack and it is locked, and thus their shame isn't discussed.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Just to be clear, GSD is on a shorter leash than many think. We'll handle it.

I'll also say that sometimes a topic dies. We know UNC cheated. They know they cheated. But a technicality is getting them off. So be it. Most people knew that long before the NOA was released a few months back. Having fun at UNC's expense? I get that. But the agenda regarding AFAM? What's the point? Nothing is happening to them and nothing ever was going to happen. The sooner we accept that and move on is....well, I'm looking forward to it. They've been exposed....nothing we say or do is going to expose them more.

Just to be clear, GSD is on a shorter leash than many think. We'll handle it.

I'll also say that sometimes a topic dies. We know UNC cheated. They know they cheated. But a technicality is getting them off. So be it. Most people knew that long before the NOA was released a few months back. Having fun at UNC's expense? I get that. But the agenda regarding AFAM? What's the point? Nothing is happening to them and nothing ever was going to happen. The sooner we accept that and move on is....well, I'm looking forward to it. They've been exposed....nothing we say or do is going to expose them more.
Fair enough, but the process is technically still ongoing. Not implying some huge punishment is coming down, but I think we can all agree the NCAA is far from predictable. Not to mention, the resolution of that case is going to have big ramifications in terms of the efficacy of the NCAA moving forward. I agree that rehashing the same facts and old stories/tweets/editorials over and over again is unnecessary. At the same time, I think many would agree that new developments and outside opinions of substance are worthy of discussion.

Fair enough, but the process is technically still ongoing. Not implying some huge punishment is coming down, but I think we can all agree the NCAA is far from predictable. Not to mention, the resolution of that case is going to have big ramifications in terms of the efficacy of the NCAA moving forward. I agree that rehashing the same facts and old stories/tweets/editorials over and over again is unnecessary. At the same time, I think many would agree that new developments and outside opinions of substance are worthy of discussion.

I don't personally see any reason to ever let it die...I think its forever tarnished the brand, "The Carolina Way," and I dont think its fair to all the other schools who have been slammed for far less by the NCAA to give them a pass on it....You think for a nanosecond they'd let it die if it was us???!! I hope DEVIL DJ continues to be a thorn in their side with his FACTS...As for the guy attacking him, he should have been banned by now IMO....His personal attack on DDJ this week was reprehensible...

OFC

Just so everyone is on board, I was the one that closed and deleted the NOA thread. I've been debating opening it back up, but as @dukiejay and @timo0402 have said, when something dies it dies and that one was dead once the personal attacks started. @gunslingerdick has been spoken to and I've even talked to @DevilDJ. Even though it may seem like we're helping the rival or whatever else, we're not. Our job as mods is to just try to keep s$!? on track. I'm sorry if it seems like we're coming down on you guys but we're not. So I'm sorry things have been how they've been this summer with some of these threads. Summer is always tough and I'm still learning the nuances of this mod thing so bear with me. I really don't mind conversations over p.m. and sometimes things can be resolved that way. You guys have been great and thanks for your patience.

Just so everyone is on board, I was the one that closed and deleted the NOA thread. I've been debating opening it back up, but as @dukiejay and @timo0402 have said, when something dies it dies and that one was dead once the personal attacks started. @gunslingerdick has been spoken to and I've even talked to @DevilDJ. Even though it may seem like we're helping the rival or whatever else, we're not. Our job as mods is to just try to keep s$!? on track. I'm sorry if it seems like we're coming down on you guys but we're not. So I'm sorry things have been how they've been this summer with some of these threads. Summer is always tough and I'm still learning the nuances of this mod thing so bear with me. I really don't mind conversations over p.m. and sometimes things can be resolved that way. You guys have been great and thanks for your patience.

Hey DH no sweat know you've got a tough job....When you talked to DDJ I hope you told him "keep up the good work, we appreciate all you do" or words to that effect...Thx for stepping up and responding-

OFC

I think you did the right thing, Hokie, I'm sorry for my part in spiraling it out of control. Sometimes I can't help myself...the devil made me do it.

And as far as gunslinger is concerned, I have a feeling he's going to be partying like it's 2010 before long. Deja vu meltdown coming up. Should be sweet.

OFC

It will be a cold day in hell before that thread gets locked.

Good but that's what he's after. He's making a mockery of this board and he has well over stayed his time here. We can ignore him, not respond to him or whatever but he doesn't belong here. In a way he is in control here because he just keeps on with the border line insults. He is crafty, sly and fox like smart. He knows a lot and I'll hand that to him but enough is enough. I'm not saying he and others like him aren't the sole reason some of our long time posters are taking some time off but it's a lot of it. I've tried to bare with it as much as possible but it's steadily getting out of hand. You mods know what you are doing . I always have your back. OFC

I'd also like to thank DevilDJ for all of his hard work. Keep posting the truth my friend.

Last edited:
Good but that's what he's after. He's making a mockery of this board and he has well over stayed his time here. We can ignore him, not respond to him or whatever but he doesn't belong here. In a way he is in control here because he just keeps on with the border line insults. He is crafty, sly and fox like smart. He knows a lot and I'll hand that to him but enough is enough. I'm not saying he and others like him aren't the sole reason some of our long time posters are taking some time off but it's a lot of it. I've tried to bare with it as much as possible but it's steadily getting out of hand. You mods know what you are doing . I always have your back. OFC

He's done sky.

He's done sky.

Thanks. I believe everything will get better now. I really wish he would have been a good civil visitor here but I think he meant to get banned from the start. He played it well. You guys were so professional about the whole thing. But I guess it all boils down to this. He's a tar heel fan. He can't help it. It's his nature bless his heart. OFC.

Thanks. I believe everything will get better now. I really wish he would have been a good civil visitor here but I think he meant to get banned from the start. He played it well. You guys were so professional about the whole thing. But I guess it all boils down to this. He's a tar heel fan. He can't help it. It's his nature bless his heart. OFC.

He really was trying to get banned and we played along probably a little too long. But it's done now. Business as usual.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT