ADVERTISEMENT

Debbi and Helene

Willcampbell

Cameron Crazy
Oct 20, 2004
Other than some mentions on the Lounge, which of course always become vitriolic and political, it seems we have forgotten our brothers and sisters impacted by these twin disasters. My family suffered damages from both storms in Georgia, but I feel completely blessed compared to those poor folks in western NC and Tenn.
My prayers are for any of you who were affected as well, and encourage you to help others, even strangers, in any way you can.
OFC

Parents came back on thankfully! Some folks are still in dark though.. 9 days is a long time with no power!
Glad you and your folks are OK. Best of luck with the re-build. You'll wait a long long time for insurance assistance. I'm still waiting on Debby and haven't even been assigned an adjuster for Helene. We're on our own and the help of incredible neighbors and locals. There are a lot of good people out there in the South.
OFC

Thanks my sister is about done with Florida.
I would imagine it has become so stressful. I know that storms come in waves and driven by specific patterns. But when you get to be the one under the skies of so many storms, it becomes stressful. I am in Wilmington, we can go 7 years with nothing, and then 3 or 4 consecutive years with landfalling storms. Those 3 to 4 years make you forget about the 7 years. Florida went 12 years without a hurricane, now since 2017 they've had at least one every year except 1. And a few have been huge.

Hoping this one gets sheared apart before landfall. But whoever gets it is going to see some terrible storm surge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT